Ethiopian Church falling apart

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
“falling apart” is an exaggeration. It’s essentially the same situation as when the Tegaru tried to make their own patriarchate church separate from the EOTC during the Tigray War. The Oromo schismatic church is not recognised by Alexandria and therefore is illegitimate. Obviously the root of this is all political. Shene are cucks however. They just kill civilians

“falling apart” is an exaggeration. It’s essentially the same situation as when the Tegaru tried to make their own patriarchate church separate from the EOTC during the Tigray War. The Oromo schismatic church is not recognised by Alexandria and therefore is illegitimate. Obviously the root of this is all political. Shene are cucks however. They just kill civilians

All the Patriarchs before Haile Selassie we’re appointed from Egypt. The Derg overthrew tyrant Haile Selassie dumped his remains inside a toilet within the presidential compound and then started appointing their own patriarchs. the current Tigray patriarch was appointed by the EPDRF Meles zenawi administration. From Derg to Abiy Ahmed’s PP the church has always been controlled by the state.

Oromos have never been allowed near this senior position. Only Tigray and Amharas are considered pure orthodox inside the church.

seldiboy

All the Patriarchs before Haile Selassie we’re appointed from Egypt. The Derg overthrew tyrant Haile Selassie dumped his remains inside a toilet within the presidential compound and then started appointing their own patriarchs. the current Tigray patriarch was appointed by the EPDRF Meles zenawi administration. From Derg to Abiy Ahmed’s PP the church has always been controlled by the state.

Oromos have never been allowed near this senior position. Only Tigray and Amharas are considered pure orthodox inside the church.

I think you’re purposely being misleading here. Before Selassie there were no Ethiopian patriarchs because the EOTC was under the jurisdiction of the Coptic Egyptian Church. Autocephaly was granted to the EOTC during Selassie’s reign which allowed Ethiopians to elect their own patriarchs.

The Derg was opposed to the EOTC and dissolved it in 1974 so I don’t know where you have got the idea that the Derg was installing patriarchs when in reality they were exiling them.

The reason there hasn’t been an Oromo patriarch is because the Oromo have historically been Muslim. Even as they are veering into becoming a Christian majority ethnic group, the majority of Oromo Christians are Protestants. Since the Oromo haven’t had as huge a presence in the EOTC as the Tegaru and Amhara, statistically those two groups are most likely to be patriarchs. It has nothing to do with ‘purity’

I doubt you are Eritrea, you have your own church so why care about Amhara and Tigray?

The way the average Amhara thinks of Oromos is hilarious
He remembers the
Gobana Oromos who would lick the shoes of an Amhara if he insulted him. Today the Qoti have balls, they will March to Bahir Dar

seldiboy

I doubt you are Eritrea, you have your own church so why care about Amhara and Tigray?

Lol
We have our own patriarchate because we are a separate sovereign nation so a separate patriarchate is a necessity. If people were allowed to set up their own patriarchates willy nilly then there would be no order and the Orthodox Church would collapse. That’s why I care. Because those ‘churches’ are being set up by schismatics (a very grave sin within Orthodoxy). Ultimately the formation of these churches is political and is being done in attempt to undermine the Ethiopian govt which if successful will be a headache for Ethiopians and Eritreans alike. We ended a 30 year stalemate. For Ethiopia to descend into chaos again would make that pointless

I think you’re purposely being misleading here. Before Selassie there were no Ethiopian patriarchs because the EOTC was under the jurisdiction of the Coptic Egyptian Church. Autocephaly was granted to the EOTC during Selassie’s reign which allowed Ethiopians to elect their own patriarchs.

The Derg was opposed to the EOTC and dissolved it in 1974 so I don’t know where you have got the idea that the Derg was installing patriarchs when in reality they were exiling them.

The reason there hasn’t been an Oromo patriarch is because the Oromo have historically been Muslim. Even as they are veering into becoming a Christian majority ethnic group, the majority of Oromo Christians are Protestants. Since the Oromo haven’t had as huge a presence in the EOTC as the Tegaru and Amhara, statistically those two groups are most likely to be patriarchs. It has nothing to do with ‘purity’

I doubt you're Eritrean. Hmmm.

Yet most of the churches land holdings are in Oromia, they want to keep that by all means because they've used the church to maintain exploit people and land in the conquered south aka mostly Oromia.

seldiboy

I doubt you're Eritrean. Hmmm.

Yet most of the churches land holdings are in Oromia, they want to keep that by all means because they've used the church to maintain exploit people and land in the conquered south aka mostly Oromia.
I’m not Eritrean because I agree with the position that the greater Orthodox Church has taken?

I don’t see how the EOTC has exploited the Oromo but that is irrelevant as to why the church secession is wrong. The Oromo are in Ethiopia and therefore under the jurisdiction of the EOTC. To try and split off without being granted autocephaly by the Pope in Alexandria is therefore schismatic and consequently sinful within Orthodoxy

seldiboy

They stay tryna complain about oromos……… I have no sympathy for no neftanya lol they cool with others being oppressed and now they wanna say they the most “oppressed”…….. lol
I don't care much for the Amhara but the Oromo are clearly in the wrong here. They are coming for Somalis next

So is the Towhedo church in Eritrea recognised by Alexandria?

It doesnt matter Ethiopian church dissociated from Egypt long time ago.

seldiboy

So is the Towhedo church in Eritrea recognised by Alexandria?

It doesnt matter Ethiopian church dissociated from Egypt long time ago.
Yes the Synod in Eritrea is recognised. Ethiopia is not part of the Egyptian Synod but Alexandria is the equivalent of the Vatican in Orthodoxy. They must grant autocephaly to any Synod for it to be legitimate

Yes the Synod in Eritrea is recognised. Ethiopia is not part of the Egyptian Synod but Alexandria is the equivalent of the Vatican in Orthodoxy. They must grant autocephaly to any Synod for it to be legitimate
Do you think oromos will give a f*ck about egyptians having historically being abused by Ethiopian church led by racist amhara even tigray split and had abina paulos in charge during the time of Meles.

ETC was always property of amhara racists and facists.

Trending

Latest posts