Ethiopia to be given a key port in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOGADISHU, Somalia – President of Federal Republic of Somalia, Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed (Farmajo) has agreed to be giving the coastal town of Marka to Ethiopia, following Ethiopia-Eritrea-Somali talks in Ethiopia 12 November.

Marka, a coastal town lies about 91km southwest of Somali capital Mogadishu.

The talks held by Ethiopia-Eritrea-Somali leaders in Ethiopia were mainly discussed the port town of Marka in Somalia, sources, who asked to be anonymous said.

Marka will be among in a joint investment in Somali ports in what could be seen as Premier Abiy Ahmed’s move to legitimize logistical deals initially questioned by Mogadishu.

Will Ethiopia be given a Somali base? Unconfirmed suggestions that this was agreed by Pres. Farmajo, with a possibility of Merca discussed during the Ethiopia-Eritrea-Somali talks in Ethiopia 12 November.

— Martin Plaut (@martinplaut) November 28, 2018

In June, Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed ‘Farmaajo’ and PM Ahmed said they will be investing in major infrastructure projects including ports and roads.

The two said they will constitute a designated joint technical team to craft the details and timelines for the project.

The ports were not named in the dispatch but Ethiopia’s latest move could be seen as correcting the controversy it created earlier in the year by buying a stake in the Port of Berbera in Somaliland.

Ethiopia would own 19 per cent but that deal drew the ire of Mogadishu with MPs saying it had violated the Provisional Constitution as well as the sovereignty of Somalia.

Somalia demands that all deals made by breakaway regions of Puntland and Somaliland with foreign entities be endorsed by Mogadishu.

https://mareeg.com/en_gb/ethiopia-to-be-given-a-key-port-in-somalia/

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I'm a secessionist now.
Lool look at the source, and it's obvious in the way it's written what their angle is. I wouldn't be surprised if they based that whole thing on the random tweet.
What will you see when it actually happens? How far must Farmajo and Kheyre go before they lose your support?

I'm a secessionist now.

What will you see when it actually happens? How far must Farmajo and Kheyre go before they lose your support?
I've noticed during the past year that none of the countless and daily accusations made have materialized it's all been nonsense.

What have they done? Other than what happened to Qalbidhagax.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I've noticed during the past year that none of the countless and daily accusations made have materialized it's all been nonsense.

What have they done? Other than what happened to Qalbidhagax.
Okay, but what if this is real? Where do you draw the line?

Farm

VIP
I would oppose an Ethio base in Somalia which is what that tweet suggested, and the article is based on that tweet lol.

No it isn’t... how delusional are you? I posted the Africa Intelligence report about it which is older than that tweet and @GBTarmy posted a tweet citing a Bloomberg article which is again older than that tweet....

But let me guess they are all wrong.

:ulyin:

No it isn’t... how delusional are you? I posted the Africa Intelligence report about it which is older than that tweet and @GBTarmy posted a tweet citing a Bloomberg article which is again older than that tweet....

It makes sense why Farmaajo was recently in Marka and why they are putting in effort to make it stable, interesting development we will see how it all folds out.

Lool sure, just @ me when it happens then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending