Ethiopia: Oromia and Somali Region

Where are the Isaaq parliamentarians and local government officials in Awdal then? Why don't Isaaq have 1 seat in the Awdal parliament nor 1 seat in any of the local districts if they live in Awdal?
Borama, Baki, Lughaya, Dilla, Boon, Quljeed, Fardaha, Xeego, Xariirad, Garbodadar, Cali Xaydh all have Samaroon mayors from the time ofinception and have never had any non Samaroon mayor.
No Isaaq mayor in any town in Awdal and never have. The Ciise are currently mayor of Saylac but its a shared position, from 2012 to 2021 the mayors were all Samaroon. The Awdal parliamentary seats are 13, Ciise have 1 and the Isaaq have 0. We have 12.

During the parliamentary elections, the Isaaq combined vote was 800, the Ciise combined vote was 12k and the Samaroon was 90k. Does that sound shared? I don't expect anything less from a guy who said Absame live in Tuli Guleed and Sool and Sanaag. You're a liar.

Having said that, you're an OG. You only reside in Dhagaxbuur, Godey and Qabridahar. So maybe focus on your desert since you don't know anything about Awdal.
in an ideal world, the 100k+ cisse mamasans from djibouti would move back to saylac all the way to bulhar , and your argument or any claim to awdal ends there, IOG is the best thing to happen to reer Samaroon/Gadabursi

Awdalite

Araabi
in an ideal world, the 100k+ cisse mamasans from djibouti would move back to saylac all the way to bulhar , and your argument or any claim to awdal ends there, IOG is the best thing to happen to reer Samaroon/Gadabursi

Most of the Ciise who inhabit Djibouti are not Mamasan, they are only the ruling class and the Mamasan are not native to Saylac district or Djibouti. The Ciise subclans who live and are native to the Saylac district are the Reer Kuul and the Reer Geedi. The Mamasan are one of the smallest Ciise subclans and they live as a nomadic group and inhabi mainly one village called Geerisa and they dont make up a majority anywhere in Awdal. They struck the lottery with Aptidon and the French handed them Djibouti because they could be controlled. If the ones in Djibouti decide to leave, Djibouti will become a minority Ciise country overnight, even the Samaroon would outnumber them. Djibouti City has an Arab mayor and one Samaroon and one Afar deputy mayors. The Ciise only have the mayorship of Balbala which is nothing more than a slum.

Considering the border, in every SL election, the Ciise pushed thousands to come through Xariirad and Lawyacado to vote and their numbers were still so insignificant (12k), that the Habar Cafaan subclan alone (15k) had more numbers, forget the large Samaroon subclans.

Even during the days of colonialism, the Somali district governors that represented Awdal (formerly Borama district) were all Samaroon because they made up the vast majority.

Last edited:
The Mamasan are not native to Saylac district or Djibouti. The Ciise subclans who live and are native to the Saylac district are the Reer Kuul and the Reer Geedi. The Mamasan are one of the smallest Ciise subclans and they live as a nomadic group and inhabit only one village called Geerisa and they dont make up a majority anywhere in Awdal. They struck the lottery with Aptidon and the French handed them Djibouti because they could be controlled. If the ones in Djibouti decide to leave, Djibouti will become a minority Ciise country overnight, even the Samaroon would outnumber them. Djibouti City has an Arab mayor and one Samaroon and one Afar deputy mayors. The Ciise only have the mayorship of Balbala which is nothing more than a slum.

Considering the border, in every SL election, the Ciise pushed thousands to come through Xariirad and Lawyacado to vote and their numbers were still so insignificant (12k), that the Habar Cafaan subclan alone (15k) had more numbers, forget the large Samaroon subclans.
GB are economic migrants, humble yourself, you'd kind would be deported to . What does having arab mayor or any of that even matter if the land belongs to Ciise, your acting as if if the Mamasan leave, the ajnabis wont get kicked out. All of the coast if Awdal belongs to Ciise, you can lie to yourself , gb recent migrations to coastal cities, doesnt mean they have any ownership

Awdalite

Araabi
GB are economic migrants, humble yourself, you'd kind would be deported to . What does having arab mayor or any of that even matter if the land belongs to Ciise, your acting as if if the Mamasan leave, the ajnabis wont get kicked out. All of the coast if Awdal belongs to Ciise, you can lie to yourself , gb recent migrations to coastal cities, doesnt mean they have any ownership

Before 1949, the Samaroon and the Arab communities were the ones who had the most political power in Djibouti, it was the Samaroon political elite who named the country French Somaliland. The first Djiboutian elected Head of State to rule during colonialism was Djama Ali who was Samaroon. The Samaroon were and have always been native to Djibouti. It was only during the anti colonialism struggle that the French came to favour the Ciise and renamed the country as the territory of the Afar and Issa to marginalize the anti colonialism leaders many who were Samaroon. Thousands of native Samaroon Djiboutians fled to Awdal and were forcibly exiled. It was during the 60s and 70s that hundreds of thousands of Ethiopian Ciise migrated to Djibouti creating the suburbian Balbala.

If the coastal areas of Awdal belonged to Ciise then why are 99% of the coastal towns under Samaroon administration that have been voted in? Even Lawyacado which is on the Djiboutian border has a Samaroon mayor forget the rest of the coast. The Ciise are currently the mayor of Saylac, and that's a position that is always shared.

Before 1949, the Samaroon and the Arab communities were the ones who had the most political power in Djibouti, it was the Samaroon political elite who named the country French Somaliland. The first Djiboutian elected Head of State to rule during colonialism was Djama Ali who was Samaroon. The Samaroon were and have always been native to Djibouti. It was only during the anti colonialism struggle that the French came to favour the Ciise and renamed the country as the territory of the Afar and Issa to marginalize the anti colonialism leaders many who were Samaroon. Thousands of native Samaroon Djiboutians fled to Awdal and were forcibly exiled. It was during the 60s and 70s that hundreds of thousands of Ethiopian Ciise migrated to Djibouti creating the suburbian Balbala.

If the coastal areas of Awdal belonged to Ciise then why are 99% of the coastal towns under Samaroon administration that have been voted in? Even Lawyacado which is on the Djiboutian border has a Samaroon mayor forget the rest of the coast. The Ciise are currently the mayor of Saylac, and that's a position that is always shared.

Your as bad as the Issaqs and their Somaliland propaganda

Awdalite

Araabi
Your as bad as the Issaqs and their Somaliland propaganda

Tell me anything that I've written that was a lie. Mention anything. I'm open to be corrected. Everything I've written, I have the evidence for and most are absolutely clear.

I will always stand corrected. If there was anything that I've written which is misleading or a lie, please inform me. I'll bring the evidence. I don't do FKD, I deal with reality.

I know more about the Ciise than you do. You thought the Mamasan were native to Saylac district which was a clear novice mistake. If you knew anything about the region, you'd know that the Ciise who inhabit the Saylac district are Reer Kuul and the Reer Geedi who live in the areas of Jidhi and Abdulqadir.

It takes just a few interactions for me to be able to know when I'm talking to a complete novice.

Arkan

Allahayow ada boqoree beesha nabadee
And do tell, what will they do? Will they just squat on the land? You're certainly not capable of building anything. Outside of Djibouti which was built by the French, you haven't built a town a single town, let alone a city! :icon lol:

You haven't contributed to any development in Awdal so you can forget about that. And Samaroon are 100k+ in Djibouti, in your made-up scenario you will would make yourself a minority by sending Mamasan who are not even at 100k.

Last edited:

Arkan

Most of the Ciise who inhabit Djibouti are not Mamasan, they are only the ruling class and the Mamasan are not native to Saylac district or Djibouti. The Ciise subclans who live and are native to the Saylac district are the Reer Kuul and the Reer Geedi. The Mamasan are one of the smallest Ciise subclans and they live as a nomadic group and inhabi mainly one village called Geerisa and they dont make up a majority anywhere in Awdal. They struck the lottery with Aptidon and the French handed them Djibouti because they could be controlled. If the ones in Djibouti decide to leave, Djibouti will become a minority Ciise country overnight, even the Samaroon would outnumber them. Djibouti City has an Arab mayor and one Samaroon and one Afar deputy mayors. The Ciise only have the mayorship of Balbala which is nothing more than a slum.

Even during the days of colonialism, the Somali district governors that represented Awdal (formerly Borama district) were all Samaroon because they made up the vast majority.
Their mere existence in the region is solely due to Maxamed Case subclans who are weakly swayed by Abtinimo. If MC didn't allow them to get fraudulent voters from border crossers and vote for their candidates, they would be history.

It's not even fair to account Samaroon voters in that 12k to Ciise candidates as Ciise, knowing how they got voted for out of Abtinimo. :francis:

Ciise 2021 candidate in Lughaya

Last edited:

Awdalite

Araabi
Their mere existence is solely due to Maxamed Case subclans who are weakly swayed by Abtinimo. If MC didn't allow them to fraudulenty come through the borders and vote for them, they would be history.

It's not even fair to account Samaroon voters in that 12k to Ciise candidates as Ciise, knowing how they got voted for out of Abtinimo. :francis:

Ciise 2021 candidate in Lughaya

I've seen this video before during the election period. The Mamasan candidates in the Lughaya local government elections were mainly voted in by the Maxamed Case, this is very well known. Even the Mamasan candidate admitted he got most of his votes from the Maxamed Case.

The Maxamed Case can afford to do that because it's a safe district for Samaroon easily. During the 2021 elections, we needlessly lost 1600 votes in addition to the 5k votes we got to dominate the local government council, whereas the Ciise candidates could only muster 2k as a absolute total. The 1600 votes we wasted could have gotten us 2 extra seats in the local council. We made a silly mistake of fielding too many candidates.

Arkan

I've seen this video before during the election period. The Mamasan candidates in the Lughaya local government elections were mainly voted in by the Maxamed Case, this is very well known. Even the Mamasan candidate admitted he got most of his votes from the Maxamed Case.

The Maxamed Case can afford to do that because it's a safe district for Samaroon easily. During the 2021 elections, we needlessly lost 1600 votes in addition to the 5k votes we got to dominate the local government council, whereas the Ciise candidates could only muster 2k as a absolute total. The 1600 votes we wasted could have gotten us 2 extra seats in the local council. We made a silly mistake of fielding too many candidates.
Hopefully we learnt some valuable lessons from 2021 and make sure not to repeat those mistakes. Big disappointments from all the districts.

Awdalite

Araabi
Hopefully we learnt some valuable lessons from 2021 and make sure not to repeat those mistakes. Big disappointments from all the districts.

The 2021 Somaliland local and parliamentary elections were the worst we've performed since Somaliland reclaimed sovereignty. Half of the Samaroon in Awdal boycotted the elections. They even had a slogan called "No more 13" protesting having only 13 parliamentary seats allocated to Awdal in the parliament. Entire subclans boycotted the elections and was our worst performance ever. Yet those who did participate were enough to completely dominate the whole region. The 1 man 1 vote system exposed the reality. No more token favours anymore.

The 2021 Somaliland local and parliamentary elections were the worst we've performed since Somaliland reclaimed sovereignty. Half of the Samaroon in Awdal boycotted the elections. They even had a slogan called "No more 13" protesting having only 13 parliamentary seats allocated to Awdal in the parliament. Entire subclans boycotted the elections and was our worst performance ever. Yet those who did participate were enough to completely dominate the whole region. The 1 man 1 vote system exposed the reality. No more token favours anymore.

55K did not vote, I would hardly call that half of Sameroon unless you are including those living in Ethiopia. So Awdal had 90k vote 12k for Ciise, 800 Isaaq, that means +77k Sameroon cast their vote in 2021 elections. Can you provide breakdowns for every Sameroon subclan. For some reason, Awdal and Saaxil do not have vote breakdown lists by subclan like other regions.

Regarding Awdal having 13 seats I totally agree. I believe all regions should be given seats based on registered population or population census like US. However that would lead to Maroodi Jeex having endue representation. Sool & Saaxil in particular have 12 & 10 seats while providing less than 10% of the total vote count.

2021 ELECTIONS.JPG

What do you think is a fair allocation of seat should look like or what should Awdal get 15, 17 seats?

Arkan

55K did not vote, I would hardly call that half of Sameroon unless you are including those living in Ethiopia. So Awdal had 90k vote 12k for Ciise, 800 Isaaq, that means +77k Sameroon cast their vote in 2021 elections. Can you provide breakdowns for every Sameroon subclan. For some reason, Awdal and Saaxil do not have vote breakdown lists by subclan like other regions.

Regarding Awdal having 13 seats I totally agree. I believe all regions should be given seats based on registered population or population census like US. However that would lead to Maroodi Jeex having endue representation. Sool & Saaxil in particular have 12 & 10 seats while providing less than 10% of the total vote count.

View attachment 275161

What do you think is a fair allocation of seat should look like or what should Awdal get 15, 17 seats?
You're mistakingly guessing Samaroon votes are Ciise votes to Ciise candidates when in actuality Samaroon voted for some Ciise candidates in Lughaya for instance..

Not to mention, many Samaroon boycott elections and do not care to register or vote afterwards.

Total Awdal region votes in 2021 was 90k. And the Samaroon in Awbare district alone in 2021 accumulated more than 250k votes.

You're mistakingly guessing Samaroon votes are Ciise votes to Ciise candidates when in actuality Samaroon voted for some Ciise candidates in Lughaya for instance..

Not to mention, many Samaroon boycott elections and do not care to register or vote afterwards.

Total Awdal region votes in 2021 was 90k. And the Samaroon in Awbare district alone in 2021 accumulated more than 250k votes.

I wouldn't say Ina Mooge 26k vote were all Ciidagale or Barkhad 20k vote were all Gabooye, they were popular candidates who got vote across qabiil lines, they are the exception not the norm.

Do you have the breakdown for all Sameroon subclans in Awdal? Sameroon are welcome to cross the border and vote like 2003, but I doubt they would unless Somaliland becomes insanely rich like Gulf Arabs.

Arkan

I wouldn't say Ina Mooge 26k vote were all Ciidagale or Barkhad 20k vote were all Gabooye, they were popular candidates who got vote across qabiil lines, they are the exception not the norm.

Do you have the breakdown for all Sameroon subclans in Awdal? Sameroon are welcome to cross the border and vote like 2003, but I doubt they would unless Somaliland becomes insanely rich like Gulf Arabs.
There's literally a video of a Ciise candidate who vocally admitted that he got his votes from Samaroon in Lughaya.

Why'd you want the subclan breakdown:patrice:. Pointless for them to cross the border. The Samaroon in Awdal are more than enough to keep the region on locks. We got 12/13 seats with only 30% of our total clan population that's in Awdal.

There's literally a video of a Ciise candidate who vocally admitted that he got his votes from Samaroon in Lughaya.

Why'd you want the subclan breakdown:patrice:. Pointless for them to cross the border. The Samaroon in Awdal are more than enough to keep the region on locks. We got 12/13 seats with only 30% of our total clan population that's in Awdal.

Alright that candidate got 1600 vote that means Sameroon are 80k, Ciise are 9k. Fair enough? We want know the pro Somaliland subclans that vote and how they measure up to other sub clans. So far Awdal and Saaxi are the only 2 regions without sub clan breakdown. I think Sameroon should care because most of their population outside Somaliland are eligible. Isaaq and Ciise cross the border to vote all the time.