Ethiopia: Oromia and Somali Region

Jarso are a huge clan, they live all the way from West Hararghe to Jinacsani. The further west you go away from the Somali border, the more foreign Somalis are to them. There is no Jarso land that is part of the Somali region, they all voted to join Oromia in 2004. On the border between Somali/Oromia, you may find Jarsos that speak Somali. But 0 % in West Hararghe.
The reason why most of the problems today is with Geri, is because Geri live next to them in most of the borders we share. Which was complicated when the new borders which was supposed to be re-drawed.

Geris are very much against the idea of being under Oromo state and rule. While Gadabuursi have a different viewpoint. They are either neutral or positive (correct me any Samaroon If I'm wrong). They also have good relations with Jarso, and Geri.

The new district created, has a significant Gadabuursi inhabitants, and they are on board with Oromia in this decision. They were recently negotiating representations of this new area, with Oromo representatives.
I did a little research, and I'm not fully convinced they're Oromo. Is there any Dir members who can elaborate on this?

I did a little research, and I'm not fully convinced they're Oromo. Is there any Dir members who can elaborate on this?

On thing for certain, most Jarsos are Oromo. The one who live next to Somalis in Jinacsani, are Somalized Oromos, as I posted in my previous post. This is an undisputed fact.

As far as what they identify as, you will get all types of answers. Even if you ask them personally. From Afran Qallo to Dir (and a small part of them even claim Absame, that I personally don't know of). You may even get different answers, depending on if they are among Somalis or Oromos, and in what context it happens etc. :manny:

Last edited:

Garaad diinle

 
Literally somali speaking jaarsoo abtiris you can't make this stuff up. It's exactly what they're saying not what others said.

B4PdGcU.png

Last edited:
On thing for certain, most Jarsos are Oromo. The one who live next to Somalis are Somalized Oromos, as I posted in my previous post. This is an undisputed fact.

As far as what they identify as, you will get all types of answers. Even if you ask them personally. From Afran Qallo to Dir (and a small part of them even claim Absame, that I personally don't know of). You may even get different answers, depending on if they are among Somalis or Oromos, and in what context it happens. :manny:
The Sultanate of Dawaro was a Somali Muslim Sultanate founded around the 10th century by the Jarso people sub-clan of the Dir clan centred in Hararghe.[1]

Dawaro Sultanate was established by a sub-clan of Jarso called Dawaro. The Dawaro clan were the Royal ruling hereditary clan that ruled the Jarso clan.

They had their own sultanate before Oromo invaded and destroyed everything. I really think Jaarso is Oromonized Dir. But I know for sure Warday is not Dir.

The Sultanate of Dawaro was a Somali Muslim Sultanate founded around the 10th century by the Jarso people sub-clan of the Dir clan centred in Hararghe.[1]

Dawaro Sultanate was established by a sub-clan of Jarso called Dawaro. The Dawaro clan were the Royal ruling hereditary clan that ruled the Jarso clan.

They had their own sultanate before Oromo invaded and destroyed everything. I really think Jaarso is Oromonized Dir. But I know for sure Warday is not Dir.

I don't deny their presence in Hararghe nor their history, or anything else related to them. But how are you going to deny their origin?

They, themselves will tell you that they have Oromo origin. 'Proper' Oromos will tell you this too. Geri, who they were closest with among all Somali clans and through us become Somalized, will tell you this as well. Not to forget historical documentations of the region.

I personally don't step foot into what they claim and their identity, as I leave it up to them. But, I'll let you have another understanding if you wish so sxb. :yacadiim:

Last edited:
Found a interesting paper on somalis in Babile just outside of Harar on Academia.edu
"Reconstructing the identities of Afran Qalo Oromo: A case of Babile Tribe a View of Recent Raiding Conflicts in Babile, Eastern Ethiopia".

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 4.23.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 4.23.08 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 4.23.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 4.23.49 PM.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 46
Found a interesting paper on somalis in Babile just outside of Harar on Academia.edu
"Reconstructing the identities of Afran Qalo Oromo: A case of Babile Tribe a View of Recent Raiding Conflicts in Babile, Eastern Ethiopia".

View attachment 260346View attachment 260347

This is true and common sense. Hawiye are Somali although they’ve been added into Babile clan. Many clans have had the same happen. Gurgura were adopted into Noole, Bursuukh adopted into Humme. They all know/knew their geneology and still had a claim. These are the larger clans adopted and not fully orominized. Other such as sub sub clans are pretty Oromo today.

The opposite happend for the Jarso. They became Somali but strangely not adopted into the clan they interacted with.

It funny seeing the Dir clan, Jarso, Askisho(Akichu) and Wardey Ali( Warra Dayu). Those are Oromo clans.

Last edited:

Awdalite

Araabi
Who is wrong in this skirmishes?

I think it would be very simplistic to give a blanket judgement as to who is right and who is wrong. Each side feels that they are the aggrieved party and both sides are Muslim and as Muslims we have to be fair in judgement and make peace between the two communities.

World

VIP
Jarso were not even Muslim until the Egyptian occupation of Harar, nor were most of the Afran Qallo.

They are Dagga Qallo Bareentuma Oromo. If you tell a Jarso outside the 10 % that border Somalis that they are Somali, they will laugh at your face. 90 % haven’t even encountered Somalis.

World

VIP

That is a made up wikipedia page. There was no mention of them during in Futah al Habash during the Adal-Abyssinian wars, the following Somali clans are mentioned by name:
-Geri
-Habar Maqdi
-Harti
-Marehan
-Karanle
-Bursuk
-Gurgura
-Yabarre

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
So now AS is marexan?

Mx on the other hand have never fought kenya historically but pitted ogaden against kenya which they immensely benefitted from during the time of afweyne settling mx in upper jubba and renaming it as Gedo.

Huraale warlord used to work with TPLF when he was illegal in Kismaayo.

We just removed mx from being middlemen in our land.

If there was ever a war between Somalia and Kenya it would only be ogaden fighting just like the wars against Ethiopia.
And why should we fight against kenya when we both live in Kenya and Jubbaland?

You on the other hand is a qotti pretending to be dir.
That is what happens when squatters that mengistu brought to the somali region.
@Somali Ugaas
MX now equals AS according to your Awdal brothers
:noneck:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Well Ogaden aren’t the ones being gumeeysed here. I support all my somali brothers and sisters but if you decide to side with Oromo over Somalis then you are dead to me
:kanyeshrug:
But when your oromo “brothers” try to come for Jidwaaq Jijiga is when shit will hit the fan
:ohno:
We’ll have Oromo out of Somali Region + Dir Dhabo by dawn
:yousmart:

Well Ogaden aren’t the ones being gumeeysed here. I support all my somali brothers and sisters but if you decide to side with Oromo over Somalis then you are dead to me
:kanyeshrug:
But when your oromo “brothers” try to come for Jidwaaq Jijiga is when shit will hit the fan
:ohno:
We’ll have Oromo out of Somali Region + Dir Dhabo by dawn
:yousmart:
The OG has finally spoken on the matter :drakekidding:

On another note, as far as Jigjiga the city; Amharas are more of a demographic threat than Oromos. Their size amounts to 25%. Their influence has a bigger impact on the region as a whole and whatever coming out of Addis Ababa. :patrice::wow:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
The OG has finally spoken on the matter :drakekidding:

On another note, as far as Jigjiga the city; Amharas are more of a demographic threat than Oromos. Their size amounts to 25%. Their influence has a bigger impact on the region as a whole and the whatever coming out of Addis Ababa. :patrice::wow:
I’ve been to Jijiga and Idk where these 25% amhara are at. I swear the Ethiopian government inflates their population while deflating ours. I’d say they are <10%
:damn:
On a realistic note; they are trying to make Jijiga a chartered city. I wish we could start a war because it’d be over for these aidtoptians
:wow:

I’ve been to Jijiga and Idk where these 25% amhara are at. I swear the Ethiopian government inflates their population while deflating ours. I’d say they are <10%
:damn:

I agree with the overblown cencus, laakin in the last few years; their size have grown massively, in droves. As if their settlement there is being perfectly coordinated. :lawd:

The good thing is that, they don't own much there and rent most of their properties from Somalis.

On a realistic note; they are trying to make Jijiga a chartered city. I wish we could start a war because it’d be over for these aidtoptians
:wow:

Please take over the wheel of the region. We need to shift it to the right direction ASAP. The Xabashis and their puppets have gotten way too comfortable. They need evictions. :birdman:

Last edited:

Trending