Ethiopia looks up to Somalia's primitive democracy

We avoided civil war thanks to many heroes such as PM Rooble, Deni, Ahmed Madoobe et al. Now Ethiopia and Eritrea both look up to us as a role model. We got something they wish they could have, pure democracy. Nothing is better than democracy is resolves at lot of issues and puts a stop to conflict and dictatorship.

Somalia Italiana federal government is probably doomed unless beesha dhexe is guaranteed presidency. No Benaadi representation, and if you removed Northern fugitives, they only have a quarter of Southern seats, and the FGS only controls/taxes them. Underrepresenation over all and total Benaadir disenfranchisement guarantees PM vs president conflict, Badbada Qaran liberation armies, etc. I hope I a wrong but Somalia Italiana needs a strong leader from beesha dhexe to remake the FGS in the image of the people it tries to governs. This is an unhealthy and unfair competition to control/tax beesha dhexe

Somalia isn't a democratic nation because people have no Right.

All power is at the hand of pm and parliament.

Who don't care about the nation and only care about their tribe so how will this benefit the ordinary Somali.

Btw somalia is also federal nation which make it worst because it make somalia without centralized government and other states wouldn't allow strong government grip on them.

Abaq

VIP
Compare Ethiopia to Kenyas growth and you will see a different reality of the TPLFs “development era”. Who the hell would invest somewhere when I know some government midget could just take it from me without any consequence.

Park Chung Hee ruled until 1979 this is south Korea after 1979
View attachment 224253
Heres what Kenyas GDP looked like after 2002 when Moi left.
View attachment 224255
Park Chung Hee single handed started the Korean development experience. Korea was bottom of the barrel and he started industrialisation. Subsequent administrations (invluding the milotary dictatorships after him) simply continued on the trajectory he left. Before him, Korea was an underdeveloped failed democracy just like Somalia today with no real industry to speak off. You can read Ha-joon Park's The Bad Samaritans and his East Asian Development Experience. You can also read Alice Amsden's Asia's Next Giant.

As for the Kenyan and Ugandan example, I have already said being an authoritarian state is not good enough, you need a developmental authoritarian state. There's a difference. As for TPLF's Ethiopia, then they really started industrial policy of the East Asian vein in 2010. Within a decade, Ethiopia saw massive reduction in poverty, a significant increase in industrial production, and a good increase in GDP. All with only 10 years of being a developmental state. This is not to state that a flawed democracy like Kenya with neo-liberalism cannot develop, it can it just won't be as efficient as a developmental authoritarian state.

All these countries Syria, Libya, Yemen and Iraq were dictatorships. You just made my point.

My example is Japan, South Korea, Singapore etc. Democracies are peaceful countries
Singapore is not a democracy. Lee Kuan Yew forced Indians, Malay and Chinese to come under his rule and developed the nation.

I'm very sorry to say all those states developed while they were/still are authoritarian. S Korea under Park Chung Hee (dictator) Singapore under Lee Kuan Yew (dictator), China under Deng Xiao Ping (dictator), and Rwanda currently Paul Kigame. We can also add Malaysia under Mahathir Mohamed if we want. Just because the Chinese Communist party holds a sham internal election every 10 years does not make it a democracy.

The experts who study development such as Robert Wade hold that the most efficient state structure for development is an authoritarian one. That's because a lot of tough unpopular decisions need to be made which would be nearly impossible in a democracy.

Now I understand there are a lot of failed dictatorships out there, including Somalia. The difference is, you need an authoritarian, developmental state, not just an authoritarian one. Meles Zenawi's Ethiopia is a local recent good example of such a state. Eritrea is an example of authoritarian state that is not developmental.

Eritrea under Isayas Afewerki has really developed and, do not have their maritime resources looted by everyone for over 31 years as it is the case in Somalia.

We also need to get real here: There is no democracy in Somalia. It is a colonial enterprise where US and UK ambassadors in Halane decide the trajectory of Somalia's selections. God forbid this doesn't happen to other African and/or Muslim nations.

We also need to get real here: There is no democracy in Somalia. It is a colonial enterprise where US and UK ambassadors in Halane decide the trajectory of Somalia's selections. God forbid this doesn't happen to other African and/or Muslim nations.

You say that because your village is controlled by Somaliland troops. So your not a real Somalia citizen and contribute zero to Somalia

You say that because your village is controlled by Somaliland troops. So your not a real Somalia citizen and contribute zero to Somalia

Wtf, Somaliland is far ahead in terms of democracy and elections from the Halane and AMISOM/Atmis colony called Somalia. :ftw9nwa:

But then the last I check, your villages Wisil, Hobyo, and Xarardheere were all controlled by Al-Shabaab. :hova: So what do you contribute other than death and destruction?

Bish, you even have the audacity to comment on stable countries like Eritrea and Ethiopia who have controls of their territorial boundaries. So what does a dummy person like you know about "democracy"?

Have you been to Mogadishu?

Eritrea is gaajo, they don't even have shopping malls. That is what dictatorship brings, poverty. Look at the ancient cars they drive.

This Eritrea laying the groundwork of national development. This small country has achieved food self-sufficiency, free education, and free healthcare for its citizens. They pursue independent foreign policy, and they have over 200,000 troops in their armed forces that can defend their country.

Go read a book instead of chatting shit.

Wtf, Somaliland is far ahead in terms of democracy and elections from the Halane and AMISOM/Atmis colony called Somalia. :ftw9nwa:

But then the last I check, your villages Wisil, Hobyo, and Xarardheere were all controlled by Al-Shabaab. :hova: So what do you contribute other than death and destruction?

Bish, you even have the audacity to comment on stable countries like Eritrea and Ethiopia who have controls of their territorial boundaries. So what does a dummy person like you know about "democracy"?

I am a tax payer and I do contribute to Somalia's armed forces. Yes we do have Al-shabab issue but they are not a serious threat and will be dealt with soon inshallah.

Yes your country Somaliland is a democracy and so are we in Somalia. They already started 1M1V, so did Puntland.

Ethiopia, especially Eritrea need to adopt democracy to be successful and prosperous nations.

This Eritrea laying the groundwork of national development. This small country has achieved food self-sufficiency, free education, and free healthcare for its citizens. They pursue independent foreign policy, and they have over 200,000 troops in their armed forces that can defend their country.

Go read a book instead of chatting shit.

Dictatorships have big armies to police their own people. Eating the same food everyday whilst the dictator and his inner circle eat like kings isn't a good way of life.

Their foreign policy is based on how the dictator feels on that particular day. Mogadishu's economy is already bigger than that of Asmara despite all the difficulties we faced.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Dictatorships have big armies to police their own people. Eating the same food everyday whilst the dictator and his inner circle eat like kings isn't a good way of life.

Their foreign policy is based on how the dictator feels on that particular day. Mogadishu's economy is already bigger than that of Asmara despite all the difficulties we faced.

These niggas should listen to @Galmudug-State. He’s spitting facts.

A dictator will also bring you to ruin. You survive every night based on his mood. Look at what’s happening with China. They’re all in prison due to covid. Somalia is a free country.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Bish @Galmudug-State, this is the stable and progressive state of Eritrea that you're comparing with the Halane colony called Somalia:

It looks like there hasn’t been progress since 1970 ffs and you’re comparing this to inner Xamar today which is beginning to look like San Diego.

Eritreans are fleeing to Somalia. They’re welcoming to taste freedom and democracy.

Based

VIP
Idiots are comparing Gaajo Eritrea to my beautiful capital Muqdisho. Benadir alone has higher population and gdp than eritrea. Asmara looks nice but it’s no Mogadishu.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Idiots are comparing Gaajo Eritrea to my beautiful capital Muqdisho. Benadir alone has higher population and gdp than eritrea. Asmara looks nice but it’s no Mogadishu.
Asmara strikes me as a city that is stuck in time. Imagine a whole city completely cut off from the world. I bet the living conditions are proper awful and people are scared to talk politics.

Somalia had this in the past and choose to risk destroying the country just to taste freedom from its dictator

Trending