Ethiopia looks up to Somalia's primitive democracy

We avoided civil war thanks to many heroes such as PM Rooble, Deni, Ahmed Madoobe et al. Now Ethiopia and Eritrea both look up to us as a role model. We got something they wish they could have, pure democracy. Nothing is better than democracy is resolves at lot of issues and puts a stop to conflict and dictatorship.

World

VIP
Best system is one party state, democracy for poor 3rd world African failed states will never work. But we will fall into civil war without it.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
We have a good democratic system for now. Secret ballot makes sure we see change and eventually the right decision made.

Maybe we should just stick to electing MPs instead of President. Otherwise we could be stuck with some idiot leader like Farmaajo who cons the public

Best system is one party state, democracy for poor 3rd world African failed states will never work. But we will fall into civil war without it.

The best system is democracy. Otherwise you would end up like Eritrea. With a dumb dictator who does nothing, no development for the country.

World

VIP
Or Djibouti. Or Uganda. Or Sudan. Or Ethiopia etc etc.

Only idiots think democracy is a bad idea
Feel free to mention a 3rd world failed country that became successful through democracy. I can name many countries like Rwanda, China, South Korea, Singapore all successful without democracy that were 3rd world before.

Feel free to mention a 3rd world failed country that became successful through democracy. I can name many countries like Rwanda, China, South Korea, Singapore all successful without democracy.

They all became democratic and that is when they shined. China is capitalist country, they aso changed leaders every 10 years and have a CPP vote. Eritrea stagnated with dictatorship, it needs democracy to shine. Ethiopia also needs democracy

Abaq

VIP
They all became democratic and that is when they shined. China is capitalist country, they aso changed leaders every 10 years and have a CPP vote. Eritrea stagnated with dictatorship, it needs democracy to shine. Ethiopia also needs democracy
I'm very sorry to say all those states developed while they were/still are authoritarian. S Korea under Park Chung Hee (dictator) Singapore under Lee Kuan Yew (dictator), China under Deng Xiao Ping (dictator), and Rwanda currently Paul Kigame. We can also add Malaysia under Mahathir Mohamed if we want. Just because the Chinese Communist party holds a sham internal election every 10 years does not make it a democracy.

The experts who study development such as Robert Wade hold that the most efficient state structure for development is an authoritarian one. That's because a lot of tough unpopular decisions need to be made which would be nearly impossible in a democracy.

Now I understand there are a lot of failed dictatorships out there, including Somalia. The difference is, you need an authoritarian, developmental state, not just an authoritarian one. Meles Zenawi's Ethiopia is a local recent good example of such a state. Eritrea is an example of authoritarian state that is not developmental.

World

VIP
Till he purges the party with made up corruption trials like Xi Jinping and declares himself President for life
But what’s wrong with being President for life? As long as he does his job well, which he is doing. If he was doing an awful job then he would be replaced. Compare India and China, both similar GDP in 1990 but now China is 6x higher and India is a shithole. That’s what democracy brings. Democracy only works in 1st world countries.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
Easy come easy go, I prefer a democracy developing the nation at a slow rate over a dictatorship. I can't believe this is even a discussion lol.

By the way what is our resident retard doing surfing TPLF propaganda channel

I'm very sorry to say all those states developed while they were/still are authoritarian. S Korea under Park Chung Hee (dictator) Singapore under Lee Kuan Yew (dictator), China under Deng Xiao Ping (dictator), and Rwanda currently Paul Kigame. We can also add Malaysia under Mahathir Mohamed if we want. Just because the Chinese Communist party holds a sham internal election every 10 years does not make it a democracy.

The experts who study development such as Robert Wade hold that the most efficient state structure for development is an authoritarian one. That's because a lot of tough unpopular decisions need to be made which would be nearly impossible in a democracy.

Now I understand there are a lot of failed dictatorships out there, including Somalia. The difference is, you need an authoritarian, developmental state, not just an authoritarian one. Meles Zenawi's Ethiopia is a local recent good example of such a state. Eritrea is an example of authoritarian state that is not developmental.

South Korea and Singapore became democratic and that is when they took off and succeed. Had they stayed as dictatorships they would have ended up as poor as South Korea.

Rwanda could go towards full democracy after Paul Kagame. China never allows the same leader more than 10 years.

But what’s wrong with being President for life? As long as he does his job well, which he is doing. If he was doing an awful job then he would be replaced. Compare India and China, both similar GDP in 1990 but now China is 6x higher and India is a shithole. That’s what democracy brings. Democracy only works in 1st world countries.

Dictatorship never works especially in Somali society. It only attracts langaabs like you who are from very small clan and who desire to feed off the bigger clans.

Somali's like openness and transparency and change. If a leader fails to do his job than he needs to go. If he is good and people are happy with him than he wins and stays.

Abaq

VIP
South Korea and Singapore became democratic and that is when they took off and succeed. Had they stayed as dictatorships they would have ended up as poor as South Korea.

Rwanda could go towards full democracy after Paul Kagame. China never allows the same leader more than 10 years.
I'm sorry but that is false. Both countries were dictatorships when their devlopment took off. Both are fully developed now and Korea is a democracy whereas Singapore is still an authoritarian one party state.

The importance is an authoritarian state that has full legitimacy and can do what it wants, whether they change the guy at the top or not. China is not a democracy.

World

VIP
Maybe we should just stick to electing MPs instead of President. Otherwise we could be stuck with some idiot leader like Farmaajo who cons the public
Haha. This guy living in the west wants to deprive the Somali population the right to choose their leader, because he thinks they would choose Farmaajo.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Haha. This guy living in the west wants to deprive the Somali population the right to choose their leader, because he thinks they would choose Farmaajo.
Yes and?

Somalis are 70%+ illiterate. I have no faith in their decision making.

At least MPs are aware of the governance of a President.

In the U.K. we elect MPs. Who then elect a Prime Minister. MPs get rid of the PM without an election all the time

I'm sorry but that is false. Both countries were dictatorships when their devlopment took off. Both are fully developed now and Korea is a democracy whereas Singapore is still an authoritarian one party state.

The importance is an authoritarian state that has full legitimacy and can do what it wants, whether they change the guy at the top or not. China is not a democracy.

Maybe your model can work in one ethnic Asian society but it won't work in a diverse societies as Somalia.

HAG community likes democracy, we are egatalirian people and we like to come together and then decide. We don't like dictatorship but prefer democracy and change. Everybody has a voice in our community

You don't even live in Somalia but Somaliland. And in Somaliland you are excluded from the political equation. You are no threat to me.

World

VIP
You don't even live in Somalia but Somaliland. And in Somaliland you are excluded from the political equation. You are no threat to me.
I live in the west, no desire to live in the world’s most failed state. My borough in London with a population of 200k has a higher gdp than all of Somalia. People like you and @bidenkulaha are the reason why our country will forever be, the worst in the world.

Trending

Latest posts