Ethiopia is brainwashing Somalia next generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Previous Next

Is Ethiopia succeeding to intellectually colonise Somalia’s political classes?
At a recent press conference, Ethiopian Foreign Affairs Minister Tedros Adhanom said

Ethiopia has been consolidating its support for strengthening of civil service of the country, enabling to take scholarship for citizens and existing of economic ties … that Ethiopia’s effort to strengthen the civil service and the provision of scholarship for Somalis would create economic bondage of the two countries” .

As one of the more influential figures in Ethiopian policymaking towards the bantustanisation of Somalia, his language and choice of words are the clearest indication as of yet, illustrating how the Ethiopian establishment see the future of Somalia. By stating that Ethiopian efforts are now being concentrated in its focus to consolidate and strengthen their role within Somalia’s civil service, he’s tacitly acknowledging that its military exertions over Somali territories has been achieved. This ‘achievement’ is not per se the exertion of a de facto sole regional hegemon of some sort one expects from Ethiopian language of achievement, rather it’s in the sense that all it could achieve by military means has been exhausted to point of diminishing returns.

Ethiopia is now attempting to gain a complete control of Somalia’s civil service in both reginal and central administrative authorities. This could be achieved by providing training and scholarships, but where necessary, Somali political agents will be used with an ultimate aim of creating the stated “economic bondage”! In that context, Somalis are nothing short of people held in captive for the sole reason of allowing Ethiopia to extract rent, quantifiable resources and other intangible gain, for whose benefits Somalia has been transformed into an economic bondage type of master-servitude relationship status.

The Somali intellectual Abukar Arman is one of only few voices in the wilderness sounding alarm in the present context. He wrote in May last year that:

Ethiopia has launched a successful campaign of co-option, indoctrination and silencing of key individuals and institutions. Many media professionals were lured by the offer of intensive certification program in journalism, first class hospitality, and generous stipends. Likewise, some officials in the security sector, parliament, civil societies and the political elite.

Going beyond the simple annual scholarships for a limited number of Somali students being brought to Addis Ababa universities, Ethiopia actively takes their “training” to Somali universities, especially in the area of civil service, and thereby achieve greater impact on unlimited number of future public servants. This impact is most visible in Hargeisa and Garowe.

int.col_.1-3.jpg
int.col_.2-2.jpg

The Ethiopian Ambassador to Somalia visited Hiiraan back in August for another of those Goebbelsian missions, gathering regional elders and lecturing them about Ethiopian contribution to the “development of the country” before declaring:

“The Ethiopian government is not only involved in security matters. In the past year alone we offered education scholarships to 350 local students. Despite the challenges we face in our country, we thought of sharing what we have with our brothers in Somalia”

Yes, “brothers” he said; where did we hear that before?

By Liban Farah| December 7th, 2016|Aid & Development, Articles & News, Human Rights, Politics & Corruption|0 Comments
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
FacebookTwitterLinkedinRedditTumblrGoogle+PinterestVkEmail

Related Posts

Leave A Comment

Comment

Categories
Recent Posts
Subscribe to our Newsletter

Donate Now

Donate to our Cause
ABOUT US
Snippet: Barkinka, a traditional headrest used by Somali nomads, is used here to symbolise the last remaining piece of dignity left that protects the intellect from the dirt. Barkinka is part of the proud tradition of Pan-Somali movements and we wholeheartedly endorse its rich history throughout the centuries; all of its facets, good parts as well as ugly parts, as we hope to learn from the past mistakes committed by well-meaning predecessors.

CATEGORIES

GET SOCIAL

Barkinka is non-profit organisation Company Limited by Guarantee Reg no. 10369726 | The content of this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. | D&D by Imax Design Ltd
FacebookTwitterEmail

IMG_5649.jpg
IMG_5650.jpg
IMG_5651.jpg
The point is normalizing the occupation and make easy go accept the annexation of Somalia later under name of merge.

IMG_0967.JPG
IMG_0821.jpg
All conspiracy and no evidence. :Sutehja:

Yes it is conspiracy theory not reality. And these pictures are not true the Ethiopian spy general gabre showing the Somali foreign minister where to sign!!, also the Ethiopian spy is memorizing the Somali president what to say!!! Keep sleeping sheep IMG_0967.JPG

Yes it is conspiracy theory not reality. And these pictures are not true the Ethiopian spy general gabre showing the Somali foreign minister where to sign!!, also the Ethiopian spy is memorizing the Somali president what to say!!! Keep sleeping sheep
Yeah, politicians meeting! I've never seen that before.

I can even see paperwork. I'm convinced. :rejoice:

Yeah, politicians meeting! I've never seen that before.

I can even see paperwork. I'm convinced. :rejoice:

General gabre is not politician. And he is in meeting for Somali government but you are too stupid even to know the difference between politicians and spy like gabre who is responsible of killing 20,000 Somalis in Mogadishu in 2006. Also you are too dumb to read about USA forcing Ethiopia to invade Somalia in 2006. But you are brainless, clueless nameless just nobody. Now have good day bye.

General gabre is not politician. And he is in meeting for Somali government but you are too stupid even to know the difference between politicians and spy like gabre who is responsible of killing 20,000 Somalis in Mogadishu in 2006. Also you are too dumb to read about USA forcing Ethiopia to invade Somalia in 2006. But you are brainless, clueless nameless just nobody. Now have good day bye.

Are you forever going to stay moaning at us?:abuxyga:

waraabe

Your superior
Of course you don't know that Ethiopian government takes 20% of Mogadishu port also will take 10% of Berbera port but keep sleeping sheeps

Ethiopia can take 100% of Berbera's revenues. My port my decision. Keep them away from khatumo, bosaso, gedo ports

@waraabe
Why are you guys so paranoid about a landlocked country that is our biggest trading partner?

Ethiopia can't own Somalia or appropriate our culture in anyway they see fit.

There's two types of Somalis when it comes to Ethiopia: Those who don't make money with Ethiopians and those who make money with Ethiopians.

I have a Somali friend in Asia who exports and brands Ethiopian products to the asian market. 90% of Ethiopians agro products are pimped out the moment they hit a port.

If you are Somali and you want to growth Hack your way into Agro; just visit Berbera, Bosaso, Xamar and Djibouti Ports.

You can intercept and purchase cheap exports that have WTO certification and sell them for 100X value before an Ethiopian even gets a chance to move them.

Somalis in the despora outnumber Ethiopians in the despora. Leveraging your despora passports is critical to out manoeuvring Ethiopian Agro producers.

I'm already noticing many Somali despora exporters flipping Ethiopian Agro products.

If you keep thinking in a Somaliland Vs Somalia mentality; just know the day you leave Somalia with an Agro product you are in competition with every other nation on earth.

Ethiopia needs Somalia! Somalia doesn't need Ethiopia.

Of course it is childish for you because of your very low mentality intelligence since Ethiopia is the dumbest second country in world. No point of arguing with you. Bye
https://www.tesfanews.net/average-iq-rank-ethiopia-second-dumbest/

You believe this? You're even dumber than I thought. You think some 'article' can generate an average IQ to all of a countries citizens? What did they do... instruct all of us go to the library and take an IQ test?
If you knew anything about Africa, you'd be surprised the E Guinea is anywhere near the bottom let alone last.

Go read a book or something. You clearly can't distinguish facts from fiction. I won't comment on your literacy, but if was to do so, it'd be a pretty short comment:ftw9nwa:.

You believe this? You're even dumber than I thought. You think some 'article' can generate an average IQ to all of a countries citizens? What did they do... instruct all of us go to the library and take an IQ test?
If you knew anything about Africa, you'd be surprised the E Guinea is anywhere near the bottom let alone last.

Go read a book or something. You clearly can't distinguish facts from fiction. I won't comment on your literacy, but if was to do so, it'd be a pretty short comment:ftw9nwa:.

Truth hurts http://ecadforum.com/2013/07/30/ethiopia-ranked-2nd-10-poorest-countries-in-the-world/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts