Eritrean Somalis???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Read it first.

Basically, a very small number of Somalis hundreds of years ago settled there due to the conflict with Abyssinia. They were very small, they still retain information of where they come from and they claim they are Somali. Its not all of the Saho. Its a very small community, really small called 'Gadafuri', they are fully assimilated into the Saho ethnic group

Read what Von sent.
I know im talking about in general i have been seeing Somalis claim Afars and Sahos as their own and saing they have Somali heritage is embarassing and most of all false

I know im talking about in general i have been seeing Somalis claim Afars and Sahos as their own and saing they have Somali heritage is embarassing and most of all false

We claim anyone who looks slightly like us.

Don't you remember how we once used to claim P Diddy as Somali? :mjlol:

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
They are fellow Cushites so it's not that bad huuno.

Imagine claiming Rwandan Tutsis and Masais as one of us :bell:
i have no problem with sahos obviously but we shouldnt narrate a false report im sure they wouldnt like it lol nothing is wrong with tutsis they look similair to us and thats were we draw the line

samaalewarrior

Cushitic general
They are fellow Cushites so it's not that bad huuno.

Imagine claiming Rwandan Tutsis and Masais as one of us :bell:
Maasais are mixed with cushitic and hold cushitic customs and practices along with their nilotic culture, but obviously pure cushitics are closer to us tho

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
@World

I would estimate them to be in the thousands maximum.

The only good news is that no matter where you put Somalis they will always never forget where they come from, even if they forget the language.
Yes very true there are somalis in Tanzania Madagascar India who left many years ago who still know their abtiris. Amazing

samaalewarrior

Cushitic general
They are Madows. I have no relation to a nation that drinks blood. Audhubillah
This ain’t no Madow :nahgirl:
mASSAI.jpg

Give her a jilbaab and she’ll look like someone’s hooyo :trumpsmirk:

nah it aint imagine telling a Saho there descended of Somalis. We are the new African Americans
What you have to understand is that Somalis are nomadic/warlike group , so naturally they will be found in many other neighbouring groups . It is also normal in East African tribal society for clans to join other ethnic groups due to political , economic or other reasons

.Most of the time it’s not the Somalis claiming other people ; in fact , it’s other people claiming Somalis . Somalis were also very prominent in spreading Islam in the Horn of Africa .

According to Rendille clan folklore some of them were originally a group of lost Muslim Somalis who became Niloticised after mixing with the Samburu ethnic group . The Odaala clan
Of Rendille claim they were from Somalis .

The Masai and the Samburu group folklore states they were descend from a Somali mother .

We know there are many lost Somalis in the Oromo group . The Afar claim there are lost Somali daroods within their tribal structure . The Saho are not Somali , but one of their clans , the Gadafar claims such . There maybe a Daroood link to the Jeberti of Eritrea .

In the Bantu Bajuni structure the Katwa Group , who are considered as noble , are said to be of settled stock Somali . There are clans called the Abimal / Herti in the Bajunis. When the Darood migrated to the former the Shungwaya settlements in the Deep South of Somalia , the king/sultan who led the resistance of the Bajuni, Boni and the runaway slaves , was a fellow by the name of Avatullah bin Beharo Somali . Somali doesn’t have to mean nomadic clan member .

The Saho (Arabic: ساهو‎), sometimes called Soho,[2] are an ethnic group inhabiting the Horn of Africa. They are principally concentrated in Eritrea, with some also living in adjacent parts of Ethiopia. The Saho can be traced back to 2000 BC, inhabiting their current area. They speak Saho as a mother tongue, which belongs to the Cushiticbranch of the Afroasiatic family[3] and is closely related to Afar.

The Saho are predominantly Muslim. A few Christians, who are also known as the Irob, live in the Tigray region of Ethiopia and the Debub Region of Eritrea.[5]

Based on research done by the Eritrean author 'Abdulkader Saleh Mohammad' in his book 'The Saho of Eritrea', the Gadafur Saho is said to have Somali origins from the Gadabursi.[7]

Even the few Saho I have met cannot help but notice the similarities in the Somali language
Within Eritrea, the Saho primarily reside in the Southern and Northern Red Sea regions.[4]
800px-Northern_Red_Sea_in_Eritrea.svg.png

land of punt was all of the horn.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
What you have to understand is that Somalis are nomadic/warlike group , so naturally they will be found in many other neighbouring groups . It is also normal in East African tribal society for clans to join other ethnic groups due to political , economic or other reasons

.Most of the time it’s not the Somalis claiming other people ; in fact , it’s other people claiming Somalis . Somalis were also very prominent in spreading Islam in the Horn of Africa .

According to Rendille clan folklore some of them were originally a group of lost Muslim Somalis who became Niloticised after mixing with the Samburu ethnic group . The Odaala clan
Of Rendille claim they were from Somalis .

The Masai and the Samburu group folklore states they were descend from a Somali mother .

We know there are many lost Somalis in the Oromo group . The Afar claim there are lost Somali daroods within their tribal structure . The Saho are not Somali , but one of their clans , the Gadafar claims such . There maybe a Daroood link to the Jeberti of Eritrea .

In the Bantu Bajuni structure the Katwa Group , who are considered as noble , are said to be of settled stock Somali . There are clans called the Abimal / Herti in the Bajunis. When the Darood migrated to the former the Shungwaya settlements in the Deep South of Somalia , the king/sultan who led the resistance of the Bajuni, Boni and the runaway slaves , was a fellow by the name of Avatullah bin Beharo Somali . Somali doesn’t have to mean nomadic clan member .

You're probably Darood yourself. Saho claims themselves to be lost Gadabursi that migrated to the red sea after the collapse of Adal Sultanate while some sub-clans in Afar claim to be lost Dirs. None of them claim Darood, I don't know about Bajuun claiming Darood but what you said about Rendille is completely nonsense. Rendille and Baiso people are Cushitic people native to Kenya that don't have anything to do with us. Somalis seriously need to stop claiming people because it's getting really embarrassing.

You also need to understand that ethnic Somalis are diverse people that consist of urban dwellers (majority) with a minority of farmers, nomads, and coastal people. Remember there are Somali farming tribes, who said we are only nomads or meant to be a nomadic family? You know I respect you but you're speaking out of your ass on this one.

You're probably Darood yourself. Saho claims themselves to be lost Gadabursi that migrated to the red sea after the collapse of Adal Sultanate while some sub-clans in Afar claim to be lost Dirs. None of them claim Darood, I don't know about Bajuun claiming Darood but what you said about Rendille is completely nonsense. Rendille and Baiso people are Cushitic people native to Kenya that don't have anything to do with us. Somalis seriously need to stop claiming people because it's getting really embarrassing.

You also need to understand that ethnic Somalis are diverse people that consist of urban dwellers (majority) with a minority of farmers, nomads, and coastal people. Remember there are Somali farming tribes, who said we are only nomads or meant to be a nomadic family? You know I respect you but you're speaking out of your ass on this one.
Everything he just said are #factz
You don't have anythibg to counter what he said, yet you call it bs?

There are Warsangeili's who became Afar and are just now returning to their Somali roots. Its online as well.

Do your research before arguing with people. You have a habit of being arrogant and wrong.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Everything he just said are #factz
You don't have anythibg to counter what he said, yet you call it bs?

There are Warsangeili's who became Afar and are just now returning to their Somali roots. Its online as well.

Do your research before arguing with people. You have a habit of being arrogant and wrong.

I've done my research. You're also another delusional Darood girl lol, it's embarrassing. No self hating Darood would say these kind of stuff. I did counter his arguement with facts, do you want me to pull up the sources and shut you down again?

1. Saho are lost Gadabursi that migrated to the red sea after the collapse of Adal Sultanate. They have nothing to do with Darood.

2. Rendille have nothing to do with Somalis, let alone Darood.

3. Certain clans within Afar have Dir origins, it's known in oral traditions.

4. Not all Somalis are traditionally nomads and you agree with him on that? Girl, I have no time for you.

I've done my research. You're also another delusional Darood girl lol, it's embarrassing. No self hating Darood would say these kind of stuff. I did counter his arguement with facts, do you want me to pull up the sources and shut you down again?

1. Saho are lost Gadabursi that migrated to the red sea after the collapse of Adal Sultanate. They have nothing to do with Darood.

2. Rendille have nothing to do with Somalis, let alone Darood.

3. Certain clans within Afar have Dir origins, it's known in oral traditions.

4. Not all Somalis are traditionally nomads and you agree with him on that? Girl, I have no time for you.
Shut me down again? Well, there is a first time for everything :russ:

I'll admit I only quickly scanned his post and may have missed some points, but lets address your arguements:

1. First off, SOME Saho are Gadubirsi. Only some, so you're wrong there. They are their own standalone ethnicity.

2. There is a sub clan of Dhulbante called Odalaa. The name might be a coincidence, but that needs to be investigated further.

If they (Odalaa Rendille's) are claiming Somali, then I will take their word for it.

3. Yes, some Afar clans are Dir but there is at least ONE Warsangeli sub clan that is now Afar. They are returning to their roots

4. You're right, not all Somali's are nomads but 90%+ are nomads. Even your sub clan are recent farmers sxb. Somali's are associated with a nomadic lifestyle, you can't seperate the two.

How can you even try to dispute that? Are you arguing for the sake of arguing?

Edit: re-read @MARAQ DIGAAG 's post and he never claimed Saho were Darood.
He mentioned the potential link between Eritrean and Somali Jeberti's (Darood). This has been discussed by Jeberti's all over North East Africa. Shuqul kuma lihid.

Also, the points he made about the Masai and Samburu are backed uo by their own oral history.

You need to stop with the Darood obsession and cuqdad. You can't even stop in ramadan :farmajoyaab:
You have ODD (Obsessive Darood Disorder). The only cure is to drink biyo kuluul and ask Illahay for shifaa. Waad jirantahay :mjlol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending