Eritrean Somalis???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
The Saho (Arabic: ساهو‎), sometimes called Soho,[2] are an ethnic group inhabiting the Horn of Africa. They are principally concentrated in Eritrea, with some also living in adjacent parts of Ethiopia. The Saho can be traced back to 2000 BC, inhabiting their current area. They speak Saho as a mother tongue, which belongs to the Cushiticbranch of the Afroasiatic family[3] and is closely related to Afar.

The Saho are predominantly Muslim. A few Christians, who are also known as the Irob, live in the Tigray region of Ethiopia and the Debub Region of Eritrea.[5]

Based on research done by the Eritrean author 'Abdulkader Saleh Mohammad' in his book 'The Saho of Eritrea', the Gadafur Saho is said to have Somali origins from the Gadabursi.[7]

Even the few Saho I have met cannot help but notice the similarities in the Somali language
Within Eritrea, the Saho primarily reside in the Southern and Northern Red Sea regions.[4]
800px-Northern_Red_Sea_in_Eritrea.svg.png

Von

Someone explain how Somalis made it to upper Eritrea and mix with the Soho!:dwill:
Whats the status of the Soho today, do they still have links to Somalia and can this be exploited?

The Saho (Arabic: ساهو‎), sometimes called Soho,[2] are an ethnic group inhabiting the Horn of Africa. They are principally concentrated in Eritrea, with some also living in adjacent parts of Ethiopia. The Saho can be traced back to 2000 BC, inhabiting their current area. They speak Saho as a mother tongue, which belongs to the Cushiticbranch of the Afroasiatic family[3] and is closely related to Afar.

The Saho are predominantly Muslim. A few Christians, who are also known as the Irob, live in the Tigray region of Ethiopia and the Debub Region of Eritrea.[5]

Based on research done by the Eritrean author 'Abdulkader Saleh Mohammad' in his book 'The Saho of Eritrea', the Gadafur Saho is said to have Somali origins from the Gadabursi.[7]

Even the few Saho I have met cannot help but notice the similarities in the Somali language
Within Eritrea, the Saho primarily reside in the Southern and Northern Red Sea regions.[4]
Saho is a Cushitic language so of course it sounds similar to Somali . They border the Afar and are more related to them .

Someone explain how Somalis made it to upper Eritrea and mix with the Soho!:dwill:
Whats the status of the Soho today, do they still have links to Somalia and can this be exploited?

Some Dir clan members moved there after the Adal War.

Mainly Madaluug Dir, the biggest subclan of the Madaluug Dir are Gadabursi. They are the ones who migrated but it's a small subclan. They still know they're originally Dir but they speak Saho.

I used to have a video of them in a wedding. They are Somalis who speak Saho.

Von

Mainly Madaluug Dir, the biggest subclan of the Madaluug Dir are Gadabursi. They are the ones who migrated but it's a small subclan. They still know they're originally Dir but they speak Saho.

Do you know if they rank high in the Soho tree ? reckon they Somali link can be exploited or are they to deep into being Soho now ?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP

That's a myth from what I've heard. Saho language and culture are more similar to Afar than us Somalis but it could be possible that certain sub-clans of Saho have Gadabursi Dir origins.

@Von The map is fake. Saho only live in central Eritrea in a tiny strip of land. The rest up the north are settled by Arab refugees called Rashaida.

400px-Ethno-Demography_of_Eritrea.png

Last edited:

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative

Damn they gadabursi my father father is and I am. He's got a weird story though in that his family came to Muqdisho. That's why ive never known another gadabursi other than my dad's family.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Damn they gadabursi my father father is and I am. He's got a weird story though in that his family came to Muqdisho. That's why ive never known another gadabursi other than my dad's family.

The f***? Aren't you Hawiye? :browtf:

Apollo

VIP
Sahos are just a Cushitic minority of Eritrea, not Somalis. They are similar to Agaws and Afars mainly.

By the way, Eritreans are ethnically almost all the same except for the Kunama and Rashaida.

Eritrea is an ethnostate despite the fake linguistic diversity.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
The f***? Aren't you Hawiye? :browtf:
Well technically no since my mother is and my father mother is all different hawiye clans so 3/4 is. But you take your father's clan so I'm not. I just feel closer to hawiye since majority of me is. I mentioned it before

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Well technically no since my mother is and my father mother is all different hawiye clans so 3/4 is. But you take your father's clan so I'm not. I just feel closer to hawiye since majority of me is

I'm confused. Is your father Gadabursi or Hawiye? :gucciwhat:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
My father is gadabursi with Hawiye mother. Do you get it

The whole time I thought you was actually Hawiye and even other Hawiyes thought you was Hawiye.

tenor.gif

By the way, is your dad from Somaliland or the Somali region of Ethiopia? :icon lol:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The afar are more closer to us, tigrays have some south arabian admixture they’re only close to us through their cushitic ancestry

Afars are actually the most related Cushite to Somalis compared to other Cushitic groups. We both came from a single sub sub sub branch of the eastern Cushitic family.

Tigray are Ethio-Semitic people (Habesha) so they are no way closer to Afar. Heck, a northern Cushite like Beja is closer to Afar an eastern Cushite than they are with the Ethio-Semitic groups.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
The afar are more closer to us, tigrays have some south arabian admixture they’re only close to us through their cushitic ancestry

The Horn should set up a Cushite League (members: Eritrea, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Somalia) to counter the Arab League and East African Federation (Swahili Union).

Status
Not open for further replies.