English Map and Description of the Somali Coast in 1688

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://mogadishuimages.wordpress.com/category/time-periods/1800-before/

zang1.jpg

zang2.jpg

is this your attempt to say south somalia was a bantu settlement until recently?

why are you even searching us on archives like this?:gucciwhat:

u know I can't let you BS...hol up..

@Factz kaalay waryaa odaygii is hijacking our history again, look how he focuses on the zanzibar/mozambique bullshit regarding south somalia. @Grant we see you:trumpsmirk:

is this your attempt to say south somalia was a bantu settlement until recently?

why are you even searching us on archives like this?:gucciwhat:

u know I can't let you BS...hol up..

@Factz kaalay waryaa odaygii is hijacking our history again, look how he focuses on the zanzibar/mozambique bullshit regarding south somalia. @Grant we see you:trumpsmirk:

I see you too, Ferrari. Those who can read learn things. Did you notice the British called the Indian Ocean the Sea of Zanzibar (Mare de Zanguebar) or that Baraawe was a republic in 1688 that paid tribute to Portugal?

Somalia has a genuine history that Falsy doesn't know enough about to tell you. Do you really prefer "edited" Wiki to the real deal?

Last edited:
I see you too, Ferrari. Those who can read learn things. Did you notice the British called the Indian Ocean the Sea of Zanzibar (Mare de Zanguebar) or that Baraawe was a republic in 1688 that paid tribute to Portugal?

Somalia has a genuine history that Falsy doesn't know enough about to tell you. Do you really prefer "edited" Wiki to the real deal?
You've proven yourself to biased against us, why the hell should I "learn" from you?

You have the typical white mentality, they are so entitled, they strongly think they are right, that they know more than you and they expect people to accept their BS.

Take your propaganda somwhere else. Somalia was never home to niggas from Mozambique. as for Zanzibar, both modern day Jland and parts of Tanzania were once ruled from Zanzibar by the British.

:camby: Take your qashin out of here.

This is my thread and it is your qashin that needs to leave.

Your only problem with me is that I don't tolerate ignorant bullshit. That is not the same as being biased.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
You've proven yourself to biased against us, why the hell should I "learn" from you?

You have the typical white mentality, they are so entitled, they strongly think they are right, that they know more than you and they expect people to accept their BS.

Take your propaganda somwhere else. Somalia was never home to niggas from Mozambique. as for Zanzibar, both modern day Jland and parts of Tanzania were once ruled from Zanzibar by the British.

:camby: Take your qashin out of here.

I don't waste my resources and education on a racist historical revisionist troll that rejects every authentic sources that debunks his lying theories.

This is Zanzibar Sultanate map and I will leave it like that. As for Barawa, it was ruled by the Ajurans until it was replaced by the Geledi Sultanate. Portuguese failed to conquer Barawa against the Ajurans.

This map shows you neither Portuguese or Zanzibar ever controlled southern Somalia (Benadir coast). You was right for calling out this fool.

zanzibarhist.gif

This is my thread and it is your qashin that needs to leave.

Your only problem with me is that I don't tolerate ignorant bullshit. That is not the same as being biased.
:draketf: what ignorant bullshit were you not tolerating when you made a thread full of lies?
it's been proven to you that southern somalia was never home to bantus until the 19th century and the bantus at that time were brought as slaves from south east africa.

why do you hate on somalis so much?

@Factz provided tons of sources to debunk your bullshit claim yet like a bad dhuuso, here you are, lingering still.

keep hating adeer but also keep in mind, we will always call you out for your biased propaganda against Somalis.

I don't waste my resources and education on a racist historical revisionist troll that rejects every authentic sources that debunks his lying theories.

This is Zanzibar Sultanate map and I will leave it like that. As for Barawa, it was ruled by the Ajurans until it was replaced by the Geledi Sultanate. Portuguese failed to conquer Barawa against the Ajurans.

This map shows you neither Portuguese or Zanzibar ever controlled southern Somalia (Benadir coast). You was right for calling out this fool.

zanzibarhist.gif
he's been doing aggressive research since you last owned him, after a month he's back with some bullshit bogus 'map'.

@Grant your agenda has been outed. go away lying old man.:hemad:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
:draketf: what ignorant bullshit were you not tolerating when you made a thread full of lies?
it's been proven to you that southern somalia was never home to bantus until the 19th century and the bantus at that time were brought as slaves from south east africa.

why do you hate on somalis so much?

@Factz provided tons of sources to debunk your bullshit claim yet like a bad dhuuso, here you are, lingering still.

keep hating adeer but also keep in mind, we will always call you out for your biased propaganda against Somalis.

Bantus never passed the Tana river in Kenya, let alone reaching in Somalia. The ones in Somalia were collected from southeast Africa by Somali slave traders and were brought to southern Somalia as slaves to work on the plantation in Jubba and Shabelle valleys under the Geledi Sultanate, Hiraab Imamate, Bimaal Sultanate and later on by the Daroods in the 19th century. This, by the way, heavily benefited southern Somalia's economy.

ybwgWvOESQG9iquC-pDOxw.png

Last edited:
Bantus never passed the Tana river in Kenya, let alone reaching in Somalia. The ones in Somalia were collected from southeast Africa by Somali slave traders and were brought to southern Somalia as slaves to work on the plantation in Jubba and Shabelle valleys under the Geledi Sultanate, Hiraab Imamate, Bimaal Sultanate and later on by the Daroods in the 19th century. This, by the way, was heavily benefited southern Somalia's economy.

exactly what we've been saying all along but grant is an old white guy, he thinks it should be his word that ought to be accepted.

he doesn't care for facts and evidence.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
exactly what we've been saying all along but grant is an old white guy, he thinks it should be his word that ought to be accepted.

he doesn't care for facts and evidence.

He knows the truth but he's intellectually dishonest and sometimes has reading comprehension. All he does in Somali forums is by lying/trolling and vehemently rejects authentic sources. Sometimes I doubt if he's old but all I can say is what did the Somalis do to him that made him hate Somalis so much and try to lie about the Somali history?
:gucciwhat:

Last edited:
He knows the truth but is intellectually dishonest and sometimes has reading comprehension. All he does in Somali forums is by lying/trolling and defecting the sources. Sometimes I doubt if he's old but all I can say is what did the Somalis do to him that made him hate Somalis so much and try to lie about the Somali history?
:gucciwhat:
he could be anyone. no one knows.

all I know he has a serious vendetta against Somalis but this is our forum, we won't stand for that bullshit.

@Grant go make a twitter account you old muppet.

@Grant You are a fool. Bantus are not even native to East Africa, let alone Somalia.

Bantus originated from West Africa and migrated to Southeast Africa. Some came to Southern Somalia from Southeast Africa because of slavery.

No historian could be this retarded/uneducated. You are most definitely a Somali hating troll.

Bantus never passed the Tana river in Kenya, let alone reaching in Somalia. The ones in Somalia were collected from southeast Africa by Somali slave traders and were brought to southern Somalia as slaves to work on the plantation in Jubba and Shabelle valleys under the Geledi Sultanate, Hiraab Imamate, Bimaal Sultanate and later on by the Daroods in the 19th century. This, by the way, was heavily benefited southern Somalia's economy.

Those who read have now seen a linked post from me and two unlinked from you, just in this thread. Those who read more know you left out more than half of the "Bantu" story. Such people put value in links and a true rendition of the material. Your foolishness does not pass go.

We are having this conversation because you have still not provided links for past claims I know to be false. Anyone that doubts can see you abandoned these threads once you were caught.

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...yone-have-more-information-on-it.45990/page-2

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/why-islam-is-a-blessing-for-men.46027/page-9#post-1259488

This one shows you up so badly you didn't even dare respond except by trolling a second legitimate thread.

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/yusuf-and-ahmad.48176/

Getting your friends to double--team me with the "anti-Somali" slander is not going to work. People that read know who links posts and who distorts even the "edited"Somali history on Wiki. They know my disgust is quite specific to the creators of false material, and certainly not general.

Since you have already ruined this thread. I will point out for the umpteenth time and really for others that your map is incomplete and does not tell the tale..

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/True_Negros/Assorted/Oman_Zanzibar_Sultanate.htm

"The Sultan of Zanzibar controlled a substantial portion of the east African coast, known as Zanj, and trading routes extending much further across the continent, as far as Kindu on the Congo River. In November 1886, a German-British border commission established the Zanj as a ten-nautical mile (19 km) wide strip along most of the coast of East Africa, stretching from Cape Delgado (now in Mozambique) to Kipini (now in Kenya), including Mombasa and Dar es Salaam, all offshore islands, and several towns in what is now Somalia. However, from 1887 to 1892, all of these mainland possessions were lost to the colonial powers of the United Kingdom, Germany, and Italy, although some were not formally sold or ceded until the 20th century (Mogadishu to Italy in 1905 and Mombasa to Britain in 1963)."

Zanzibar had a garrison in Mogadishu after 1870 and did not formally cede the city to Italy until 1905. All of your maps have been BS.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Those who read have now seen a linked post from me and two unlinked from you, just in this thread. Those who read more know you left out more than half of the "Bantu" story. Such people put value in links and a true rendition of the material. Your foolishness does not pass go.

We are having this conversation because you have still not provided links for past claims I know to be false. Anyone that doubts can see you abandoned these threads once you were caught.

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...yone-have-more-information-on-it.45990/page-2

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/why-islam-is-a-blessing-for-men.46027/page-9#post-1259488

This one shows you up so badly you didn't even dare respond except by trolling a second legitimate thread.

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/yusuf-and-ahmad.48176/

Getting your friends to double--team me with the "anti-Somali" slander is not going to work. People that read know who links posts and who distorts even the "edited"Somali history on Wiki. They know my disgust is quite specific to the creators of false material, and certainly not general.

Since you have already ruined this thread. I will point out for the umpteenth time and really for others that your map is incomplete and does not tell the tale..

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/True_Negros/Assorted/Oman_Zanzibar_Sultanate.htm

"The Sultan of Zanzibar controlled a substantial portion of the east African coast, known as Zanj, and trading routes extending much further across the continent, as far as Kindu on the Congo River. In November 1886, a German-British border commission established the Zanj as a ten-nautical mile (19 km) wide strip along most of the coast of East Africa, stretching from Cape Delgado (now in Mozambique) to Kipini (now in Kenya), including Mombasa and Dar es Salaam, all offshore islands, and several towns in what is now Somalia. However, from 1887 to 1892, all of these mainland possessions were lost to the colonial powers of the United Kingdom, Germany, and Italy, although some were not formally sold or ceded until the 20th century (Mogadishu to Italy in 1905 and Mombasa to Britain in 1963)."

Zanzibar had a garrison in Mogadishu after 1870 and did not formally cede the city to Italy until 1905. All of your maps have been BS.

Are you Bantu or something? Everyone knows Bantus in southern Somalia are slave descendants. Here is the link you wanted: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...dAhXlKcAKHeFEDJEQ6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

You only posted a blog of Zanzibar Sultanate. How do you consider that a real source? Let me show you what real sources are with authentic books written by top historians with PHD in history.

I told you this once and again. Zanzibar Sultanate didn't rule the Benadir coast at all. It was locally governed by the Geledi Sultanate and the Hiraab Imamate who were successor states of the Ajuran Empire exercised real authority in the Benadir coast. Zanzibar was only nominal meaning they claimed the territories but didn't control it.

EnGfu-FlTyaaN2FHSbypZA.png

Same way as you said that Arabs from Yemen or Egypt under Ottoman Empire ruled northern Somalia when in fact it was nominal again because the local rulers were Sharmake and his descendants.

nTfcaBdgR6_TWLHfMaxFww.png

Source: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=X1dDDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA63&dq=Haji+Sharmarke&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOoJu56OzcAhVGgVwKHV33B50Q6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q=Haji Sharmarke&f=false

Learn what nominal means you dotard and don't bother bringing this topic again especially with your fake made up blogs. It's already been proven by these authentic sources that Arabs had no authority anywhere in Somalia. You have been debunked completely.

As for the fort in Mogadishu. You do realize they received permission from Sultan Ahmed to build a fort in Mogadishu? They had 0 authority in Mogadishu, it was the seat of Yaquub dynasty that ruled Hiraab kingdom. You really think Zanzibar can construct in Mogadishu without Geledi approval?

pbkdZiBTQQumrvCDW6CHOw.png

Source: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=mw1n9-3ZvcQC&pg=PA387&dq=sultan+yusuf+ahmed+geledi+permission+fort&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2wJTWh5rdAhXoBsAKHRqWAqYQ6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q=sultan yusuf ahmed geledi permission fort&f=false

Now you can't slander me since I've provided all the links above same way as I did in our previous debates but you went silent and rejected all the historians and their books. Just remember everyone knows you're a historical revisionist troll and have been exposed for lying countless times. I've debunked you in multiple threads with many sources and you have rejected them all same way as you rejected the 10 sources which proves Mogadishu was always dominated by Somalis but you have flat out rejected them and kept being a repetitive buffoon just to dodge the questions. You're an intellectually dishonest stubborn fool and everybody knows it. When people read this thread, they are shocked how you try to be so repetitive just to dodge the sources.

Here: https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...lways-somali-cities.47908/page-5#post-1313759

Last edited:
Are you Bantu or something? Everyone knows Bantus in southern Somalia are slave descendants. Here is the link you wanted: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...dAhXlKcAKHeFEDJEQ6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

You only posted a blog of Zanzibar Sultanate. How do you consider that a real source? Let me show you what real sources are with authentic books written by top historians with PHD in history.

I told you this once and again. Zanzibar Sultanate didn't rule the Benadir coast at all. It was locally governed by the Geledi Sultanate and the Hiraab Imamate who were successor states of the Ajuran Empire exercised real authority in the Benadir coast. Zanzibar was only nominal meaning they claimed the territories but didn't control it.

EnGfu-FlTyaaN2FHSbypZA.png

Same way as you said that Arabs from Yemen or Egypt under Ottoman Empire ruled northern Somalia when in fact it was nominal again because the local rulers were Sharmake and his descendants.

nTfcaBdgR6_TWLHfMaxFww.png

Source: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=X1dDDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA63&dq=Haji+Sharmarke&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOoJu56OzcAhVGgVwKHV33B50Q6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q=Haji Sharmarke&f=false

Learn what nominal means you dotard and don't bother bringing this topic again especially with your fake made up blogs. It's already been proven by these authentic sources that Arabs had no authority anywhere in Somalia. You have been debunked completely.

As for the fort in Mogadishu. You do realize they received permission from Sultan Ahmed to build a fort in Mogadishu? They had 0 authority in Mogadishu, it was the seat of Yaquub dynasty that ruled Hiraab kingdom. You really think Zanzibar can construct in Mogadishu without Geledi approval?

pbkdZiBTQQumrvCDW6CHOw.png

Source: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=mw1n9-3ZvcQC&pg=PA387&dq=sultan+yusuf+ahmed+geledi+permission+fort&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2wJTWh5rdAhXoBsAKHRqWAqYQ6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q=sultan yusuf ahmed geledi permission fort&f=false

Now you can't slander me since I've provided all the links above same way as I did in our previous debates but you went silent and rejected all the historians and their books. Just remember everyone knows you're a historical revisionist troll and have been exposed for lying countless times. I've debunked you in multiple threads with many sources and you have rejected them all same way as you rejected the 10 sources which proves Mogadishu was always dominated by Somalis but you have flat out rejected them and kept being a repetitive buffoon just to dodge the questions. You're an intellectually dishonest stubborn fool and everybody knows it. When people read this thread, they are shocked how you try to be so repetitive just to dodge the sources.

Here: https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...lways-somali-cities.47908/page-5#post-1313759

While I appreciate that you have changed tactics for now, your past falsification of documents and links is past forgetting and possibly forgiveness. I know the source of the "anti-Somali" slander against me and the manipulations of your friends you have used for your "jihad of terror and intimidation". This is not history and it is shameful.

When you post a quote, you owe your reader a link. Link one in your last post is the first link you missed in this thread. You still don't have your second missed link to that ridiculous map. Your quote from Baadiyow is new and only applies to a very late period.

http://reference.allrefer.com/country-guide-study/somalia/somalia16.html

"Between 1560 and 1660, Ethiopian expeditions repeatedly harried Saylac, which sank into decay. Berbera replaced Saylac as the northern hub of Islamic influence in the Horn of Africa. By the middle of the sixteenth century, Saylac and Berbera had become dependencies of the sharifs of Mocha and in the seventeenth century passed to the Ottoman Turks, who exercised authority over them through locally recruited Somali governors."

Only the Ottomans used Somali governors.

Are you talking about

http://hornhistory.blogspot.com/2010/05/emir-shermaarke-saalax-baasha-1790-1861.html

"Shermaarke Saalax Baasha (1790-1861) the conqueror of Zaylac and the man who for the first time in Somali history brought Zaylac under the rule of Somalis, the first Somali Qadiif who in 1825 with 5 cannons and 60 H.Y musketeers took Zaylac and forced its Arab ruler Maxamed Al Baari out. He was accorded the title of Qadiif Al Soomaal by Cabdixamiid Baasha and was presented with two Arab and one Turkish slave women. The founder of what was referred to as the Government of Zaylac.

Sharmaarke Salax Baasha (1790-1861) was HY –Muse Carre- and the only Isaaq ruler and Emperior of Zaylac and Awdal."

Notice the dates.

I have no idea what blog you are talking about. My basic sources for the Banaadir history are:

https://books.google.com/books?id=fb4UYAPUhYoC&pg=PA59&lpg=PA59&dq=The+Geledi+and+the+Omani+Sultanate+of+Zanzibar?&source=bl&ots=DgkGDEGn2S&sig=CoUZXccJY8N2aMzK_8EE0P-cCfQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi49cTCmNvaAhUnj1QKHez-BYoQ6AEIczAK#v=onepage&q=The Geledi and the Omani Sultanate of Zanzibar?&f=false

as in the thread on Yusuf and Ahmad, which you don't seem to have read yet, and the Oman and Zanzibar Sultanate:

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/True_Negros/Assorted/Oman_Zanzibar_Sultanate.htm.

You have a bizarre view of our previous "debates". My recollection is of absent, inaccessible or false links and out-of-context or made-up quotes. You always go on well past what logic would dictate and you always abandon the thread when you get caught.

I have no need or desire to slander you. Your actions and opinions speak volumes for themselves. And you have no new or convincing material here.

Read Yusuf and Ahmad.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
While I appreciate that you have changed tactics for now, your past falsification of documents and links is past forgetting and possibly forgiveness. I know the source of the "anti-Somali" slander against me and the manipulations of your friends you have used for your "jihad of terror and intimidation". This is not history and it is shameful.

When you post a quote, you owe your reader a link. Link one in your last post is the first link you missed in this thread. You still don't have your second missed link to that ridiculous map. Your quote from Baadiyow is new and only applies to a very late period.

http://reference.allrefer.com/country-guide-study/somalia/somalia16.html

"Between 1560 and 1660, Ethiopian expeditions repeatedly harried Saylac, which sank into decay. Berbera replaced Saylac as the northern hub of Islamic influence in the Horn of Africa. By the middle of the sixteenth century, Saylac and Berbera had become dependencies of the sharifs of Mocha and in the seventeenth century passed to the Ottoman Turks, who exercised authority over them through locally recruited Somali governors."

Only the Ottomans used Somali governors.

Are you talking about

http://hornhistory.blogspot.com/2010/05/emir-shermaarke-saalax-baasha-1790-1861.html

"Shermaarke Saalax Baasha (1790-1861) the conqueror of Zaylac and the man who for the first time in Somali history brought Zaylac under the rule of Somalis, the first Somali Qadiif who in 1825 with 5 cannons and 60 H.Y musketeers took Zaylac and forced its Arab ruler Maxamed Al Baari out. He was accorded the title of Qadiif Al Soomaal by Cabdixamiid Baasha and was presented with two Arab and one Turkish slave women. The founder of what was referred to as the Government of Zaylac.

Sharmaarke Salax Baasha (1790-1861) was HY –Muse Carre- and the only Isaaq ruler and Emperior of Zaylac and Awdal."

Notice the dates.

I have no idea what blog you are talking about. My basic sources for the Banaadir history are:

https://books.google.com/books?id=fb4UYAPUhYoC&pg=PA59&lpg=PA59&dq=The+Geledi+and+the+Omani+Sultanate+of+Zanzibar?&source=bl&ots=DgkGDEGn2S&sig=CoUZXccJY8N2aMzK_8EE0P-cCfQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi49cTCmNvaAhUnj1QKHez-BYoQ6AEIczAK#v=onepage&q=The Geledi and the Omani Sultanate of Zanzibar?&f=false

as in the thread on Yusuf and Ahmad, which you don't seem to have read yet, and the Oman and Zanzibar Sultanate:

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/True_Negros/Assorted/Oman_Zanzibar_Sultanate.htm.

You have a bizarre view of our previous "debates". My recollection is of absent, inaccessible or false links and out-of-context or made-up quotes. You always go on well past what logic would dictate and you always abandon the thread when you get caught.

I have no need or desire to slander you. Your actions and opinions speak volumes for themselves. And you have no new or convincing material here.

Read Yusuf and Ahmad.

@Grant Who said they are my friends? Your lies has been exposed countless times since you lie about the history and that's why people are calling you a racist lying historical revisionist troll because your actions has proved it so it has nothing to do with me. Blame your stupid actions, not me.

Exactly, once I show you the links of the books. You flat out reject them and call the false links so my discussion here ends here. I have proved every claim I made by gaving you the links but you dont care about the truth because you have an agenda here which cleary everyone knows about.

Just remember these are respected historians with PHD in history and last time I checked you're not a historian and you certainly don't have PHD in history so surely these guys know more shit about the Somali history then you do so you have no right to call them false. That itself is shameful to say.

Your book links doesn't exactly say what you say by the way so clearly you made something's up and misinterpreting things.

So yeah, I have no reason to debate a troll, a false blogster that rejects every sources he sees just because it debunks his lying theories.

@Grant Who said they are my friends? Your lies has been exposed countless times since you lie about the history and that's why people are calling you a racist lying historical revisionist troll because your actions has proved it so it has nothing to do with me. Blame your stupid actions, not me.

Exactly, once I show you the links of the books. You flat out reject them and call the false links so my discussion here ends here. I have proved every claim I made by gaving you the links but you dont care about the truth because you have an agenda here which cleary everyone knows about.

Just remember these are respected historians with PHD in history and last time I checked you're not a historian and you certainly don't have PHD in history so surely these guys know more shit about the Somali history then you do so you have no right to call them false. That itself is shameful to say.

Your book links doesn't exactly say what you say by the way so clearly you made something's up and misinterpreting things.

So yeah, I have no reason to debate a troll, a false blogster that rejects every sources he sees just because it debunks his lying theories.

:reallymaury: Read Yusuf and Ahmad. Your sources have been exposed.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
:reallymaury: Read Yusuf and Ahmad. Your sources have been exposed.

Exposed where? You called them false just because it debunks your lying made up opinions. I'm not going to further waste my time debating a racist historical revisionist troll like you, it ends here. Go talk to other users exposing you instead of coming to someone who is extremely knowledgeable about the Somali history.

Status
Not open for further replies.