Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

Kjetil Tronvoll is a well regarded Norwegian professor specializing on the Horn issues. I wonder what other countries he thinks might get drawn into the war. Egypt and Sudan?

Please my tigrean brother. He is a well known TPLF propagandist. He was the only "independent election observer" in the last Tigray election where TPLF won 99% just to give the fake election a good image. He will say and do anything for TPLF. He has been in this role for decades now. Tell us something what we don't know.

Please my tigrean brother. He is a well known TPLF propagandist. He was the only "independent election observer" in the last Tigray election where TPLF won 99% just to give the fake election a good image. He will say and do anything for TPLF. He has been in this role for decades now. Tell us something what we don't know.
At least elections were held in Tigray how did Mustafa Omer become.a president of Somali Kilil? Appointed by dictator Abye.

Says ENDF at the border were some shot and undresssed and matched to the Eritrean border.

Damn Tigrayans are ruthless.

That is the treason they committed that triggered the war. The army was protecting Tigray from Eritrea for the last 20 years and never expected to be attacked at night by its own "brothers". That is not bravery but the highest form of cowardliness i.e. to ambush your own "brother in arms" at night. TPLF leadership and also Tigray will pay for this act for years to come. We will see if they can stand the army when they face it face to face.

That is the treason they committed that triggered the war. The army was protecting Tigray from Eritrea for the last 20 years and never expected to be attacked at night by its own "brothers". That is not bravery but the highest form of cowardliness to ambush your own brother at night. TPLF leadership and also Tigray will pay for this act for years to come.
Abye did the same to Tigray.They created him and made him what he is today he has worked with woyanes most of his life.Today he claims.TPLF is terrorist while he has the same ideology as TPLF.

Xabashi this war should have ended on saturday according to your predictions and how many times will you keep updating your updates?

No, I first said 2-3 day then after I heard that Tigray Liyu got hold of federal hardware, I said few weeks then I saw how half of Tigray is being occupied by the army in 4 days, then I said 1-2 weeks. I stand by 1-2 weeks, maximum 3 weeks.

No, I first said 2-3 day then after I heard that Tigray Liyu got hold of federal hardware, I said few weeks then I saw how half of Tigray is being occupied by the army in 4 days, then I said 1-2 weeks. I stand by 1-2 weeks, maximum 3 weeks.
How did they get hold of it?

3 weeks still no change.

3 months probably makelle would fall but the war will change its dynamics to guarille and this is the one that is more dangerous to Abye.

Abye did the same to Tigray.They created him and made him what he is today he has worked with woyanes most of his life.Today he claims.TPLF is terrorist while he has the same ideology as TPLF.

Comparing Abiy with cruel criminal TPLF especially coming from someone who claims to be from Somali region, in which TPLF committed one of the worst forms of human rights abuses (massacring civilians, torture, jail Oganden etc.) is very interesting. I'm glad ONLF disagrees with you on this one.

How did they get hold of it?

3 weeks still no change.

3 months probably makelle would fall but the war will change its dynamics to guarille and this is the one that is more dangerous to Abye.

They massacred the army while sleeping and others were attacked while unprepared. They worked with tigrean high ranking officers in the Army.
It is not even 1 week since the war started. where do you get the 3 weeks. Anyway, I don't want to argue with you or explain to you. Believe whatever you want. I will just inform the audience with hard facts in the coming days including the arrest or killing of criminal TPLF leaders. Bye.

Comparing Abiy with cruel criminal TPLF especially coming from someone who claims to be from Somali region, in which TPLF committed one of the worst forms of human rights abuses (massacring civilians, torture, jail Oganden etc.) is very interesting. I'm glad ONLF disagrees with you on this one.

Abye is a murtad because he converted to pente.
Amhara are worse than Tigray in my oppinion because of two reasons.
1.prior to 1991 Amhara had committed attrocities in Somali region and even settled peasants from gonder in our lands.

2.when TPLF was carrying out attrocities in Somali region most of Amhara were supporting TPLF in.carrying out the genocide even though Amhara were in opposition and were being jailed.

3.Amhara do not beleive Somalis are Ethiopian citizens they think Somalis crossed the border to Ethiopia( which is like the madagascar propaganda on oromos) and after Tigray they will focus on committing atttrocities in the Ogaden and displace Somalis.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual

why would anyone need campare when he used to work for them? and the opression fo somalis didn't start with the TPLF it started with your god forsaken parisitic people occupying and settling in out land that don't belong to you. to you think siad barre who was born in the region invaded ethiopia for shit and giggles? our hatred of ethiopia didn't start with 1991.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
You always try to discredit everybody who shows reality or disagrees with Abiy's agenda.

Why do you, Amharas, have such intolerance for the Tigrayans holding elections in their own Tigray Region? Why are you pushing for the civil war among your own raw meat eaters?

Here is an Eritrean explaining Abiy's lies about illegality of the elections in Tigray:

You always try to discredit everybody who shows reality or disagrees with Abiy's agenda.

Why do you, Amharas, have such intolerance for the Tigrayans holding elections in their own Tigray Region? Why are you pushing for the civil war among your own raw meat eaters?

Here is an Eritrean explaining Abiy's lies about illegality of the elections in Tigray:

Not only that the only reason liberal / democrat or progressive Amhara claim to be fighting Tigray is to bring back Wolkait and other regions that is under Tigray.
You ask your self is war the only solution? Are their other alternatives isnt the land still in Ethiopia?Do amhara need visa to get into Wolkait etc?

Are people in Wolkait the Argoba, Qimat and Raya being abused or ar in concentration camps under TPLF?

Isnt Tigray part of Ethiopia? How come Amhara have no passion to return land they lost to Sudan? How come Abye is not invading Sudan to het back the land Meles gave to them?

Amhara are cynical they claim the war is all about land and you see even their impoverished peasant carrying machettes and ho.es heading to the battle field as if Egypt invaded Ethiopia.

Once you come to realise this you will come to notice that this guys are the most intolerant, racist and blood thirsty ethnic group in Ethiopia and Tigray would be dwarfed.

According to the constitution, there is only one federal institution that has the authority to hold federal and local elections including conduct referendums and that is the election board. The election board, just like the Air force, Central bank, Foreign ministry etc. is a federal institution. When a region tries to grab federal power then that is a clear violation of the constitution. Tigray kilil just did that. It illegally established a local election board. That is like establishing a local central bank and issuing your own currency. If you want to do that then either you have to amend the constitution or you have to become independet and do whatever you want. You can't have it both ways, undermining federal power and at the same time getting federal benefits like budget support.

And finally, we have seen what an election board and an election looks like under TPLF for the past 27 years and the last Tigray election confirmed that. It is a tool so that TPLF declares winning over 99% of the votes. That too is unacceptable. But the main reason is the clear violation of the constitution and garbing of federal power. TPLF has been acting like an independent state but at the same time wanting to get all the benefit of a regional state. They want to eat their cake and have it too.

According to the constitution, there is only one federal institution that has the authority to hold federal and local elections including conduct referendums and that is the election board. The election board, just like the Air force, Central bank, Foreign ministry etc. is a federal institution. When a region tries to grab federal power then that is a clear violation of the constitution. Tigray kilil just did that. It illegally established a local election board. That is like establishing a local central bank and issuing your own currency. If you want to do that then either you have to amend the constitution or you have to become independet and do whatever you want. You can't have it both ways, undermining federal power and at the same time getting federal benefits like budget support.

And finally, we have seen what an election board and an election looks like under TPLF for the past 27 years and the last Tigray election confirmed that. It is a tool so that TPLF declares winning over 99% of the votes. That too is unacceptable. But the main reason is the clear violation of the constitution and garbing of federal power. TPLF has been acting like an independent state but at the same time wanting to get all the benefit of a regional state. They want to eat their cake and have it too.
Is that the the authority that hand picked and put the puppet.Mustafa omer in power?
The constitution you are reading from is the derg constitution not the constituiton of the federal state of Ethiopia which enshirens every state to hold its own elections and chose its own people.
The PM has no right to elect Presidents of Federal states.
Mostafa Omer and Shemeles are all illegal and the law has been breached.

Is that the the authority that hand picked and put the puppet.Mustafa omer in power?
The constitution you are reading from is the derg constitution not the constituiton of the federal state of Ethiopia which enshirens every state to hold its own elections and chose its own people.
The PM has no right to elect Presidents of Federal states.
Mostafa Omer and Shemeles are all illegal and the law has been breached.

You are becoming so funny :ftw9nwa: Derg constitution?:ftw9nwa:
Have you ever seen any election, local or federal or any referendum that has been conducted in Ethiopia the last 27 years by any local institution other than the one and only federal election board? If you don’t know the current constitution then it is better to keep quiet. No regional state has its own election board. That’s why Tigray has to establish its own for the first time. This has nothing to do with derg. Gosh!

If the regions want to have their own election board then the path is through constitutional amendment which TPLF didn’t even try. Anything else is illegally grabbing federal authority and hence the election is null and void.

Have you ever seen any election, local or federal or any referendum that has been conducted in Ethiopia the last 27 years by any local institution other than the one and only federal election board? If you don’t know the current constitution then it is better to keep quiet. No regional state has its own election board. That’s why Tigray has to establish its own for the first time. This has nothing to do with derg. Gosh!

If the regions want to have their own election board then the path is through constitutional amendment which TPLF didn’t even try. Anything else is illegally grabbing federal authority and hence the election is null and void.

here is a crush course of current Ethiopian constituion.

Trending

Latest posts