Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Why are the Eritreans siding with the Ethiopians on this particular conflict? Are they or are they not the same people?

From my understanding the military command that is pressing Eritrea on border conflicts is loyal to the TPLF. Why are the TPLF so anti-Eritrean? Isku dad ma'aha?

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Nah, I don't want Somalis to lose their #1 demographic spot of Horners in Europe. Now people will confuse us for Tigrayan/Eritrean fobs. :deadosama:

That's only a #shortgeeljire problem. I have seen thousands of them, and not once have I seen one taller than me and I'm not even that tall. Literally no bullshit.

Apollo

VIP
That's only a #shortgeeljire problem. I have seen thousands of them, and not once have I seen one taller than me and I'm not even that tall. Literally no bullshit.

Lol, I'm tall and got confused for one several times. Especially by white people, less so by minorities who got better ''guess where a person is from'' skills.

Addislad

Farmaajo for president 2021
O
Why are the Eritreans siding with the Ethiopians on this particular conflict? Are they or are they not the same people?

From my understanding the military command that is pressing Eritrea on border conflicts is loyal to the TPLF. Why are the TPLF so anti-Eritrean? Isku dad ma'aha?
When tplf overthrew the government in 1992 eritrea expected them to secede all disputed territory tplf didn't and a beef was born

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Lol, I'm tall and got confused for one several times. Especially by white people, less so by minorities who got better ''guess where a person is from'' skills.

I'm talking out of my ass. The only time I'm confused for Ethiopian is by other Ethiopians. Only happened a few times though

O

When tplf overthrew the government in 1992 eritrea expected them to secede all disputed territory tplf didn't and a beef was born

Are they the same ethnic group?

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Mohamed Adow (Somali reporter for AJ) reports for Al Jazeera that the TPLF have 250k troops. :dwill:

Last edited:

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP

Well apartenyly from what I’m hearing they aren’t the same people they just speak the same language. Tigrinya speakers in Tigray are mostly agew or agew mixed whereas tigrinya speakers in eritrea are mostly beja or Beja mixed

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Other Somalia thought I was habesha for most of my life it got so bad that my dads friends who knew my dad was somali thought my mum was habesha cuz they just couldn’t accept the fact that I was somali asf. My mums whole side of the family still call my eritreanka and I don’t even look that habesha no more it was when I was younger😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

They are very similar people with different history due to Menelik letting Italy colonise Eritrea but not Tigray.

they have a complicated relationship and have been friends and beefed throughout history. Tigray and Eritrea teamed up in 1991 and were on good terms and TPLF gave Eritrea their independence.

but in 1998 there was a border war about northern Ethiopia/ southern Eritrea and its been beef ever since.

Well apartenyly from what I’m hearing they aren’t the same people they just speak the same language. Tigrinya speakers in Tigray are mostly agew or agew mixed whereas tigrinya speakers in eritrea are mostly beja or Beja mixed
Not true. They are very similar identical especially Northern Tigray and southern Eritrea. Southern Tigray does have mix with Amhara and Agew but it’s not big enough.

the difference between them will be like the difference between 2 Somali qabils. While there is different history and identity if you took a DNA test itd come out nearly identical.