Egyptian guy says many Somalis have their lineage back to Quraysh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I inherited my grandfather's beliefs via my dad. His Nick was Geelle, in Arabic "saxibul ibil" and he was proud nomad.

Now, no offense to Arab ethnics, but me and my society are the nobility of native Africans who introduced the camels to the Arabs. We are our own ethnic groupg separate . Our language is older than Arabic saxib. Hebrew, Arabic, and Somali are called afro_asiatic languages and are grouped as having common origin.

When a Somali person's history is older than many ethnic groups on Earth today, it is taking Ls to settle for less.

Greetings to Arabs from an older African native brother, we have common nomadic culture that we introduced to you, but make no mistake of us being Arabs.
Somali history really began after Islam sxb I get what you're talking about though it's fine to be proud of your heritage

I do and I am a sophisticated man

That is your prerogative and not mine. As far as Somalis are concerned. no one should speak for all of them. Don't include them in any delusions you harbor to represent every Somali. I take offense for individuals to speak on my behalf as an ethnic Somali and lie about my lineage. It is offensive.

Speak for yourself as an individual without the Somali name attached to your claims, all will be fine and you can claim whatever you want that suits you.

Somali history really began after Islam sxb I get what you're talking about though it's fine to be proud of your heritage

Somalis existed before ISLAM just like Arabs existed before Islam. If Arabs existed and herded camels before Islam, And Somalis existed and herded camels before Islam just like Arabs, how does the Somali history start with Islam and not Arab history? Did Arab history start with Islam? What you say is very offensive and an insult to Somalis like me dude. If you are ethnically Arab, that is your issue, not my business but do't lie about me and my lineage. There is difference between Islam and Lineage. Abraham was a Muslim and was No arab. Noah was a Muslim and was no Arab. Moses was Muslim and not an Arab.

Also, Islam reached Somalis through Abyssinia before Arabs completely accepted Islam. Our language existed before Islam, we herded camels and goats before Islam, we traded and had kingdoms before Islam, we defended and expanded our lands before Islam. Our forefathers believed in God in their own way just Like Arabs believed in god in their own way though not correctly. Islam corrected the wrong beliefs but to every nation God sent a prophet before.

Don;t be offensive and speak for all Somalis. Speak for yourself ONLY.

isn't it haram to claim someone elses lineage :farmajoyaab:

They use Islam only when it suits them saxib. Islam forbade Racial and tribal bigotry and the Prophet called tribalism "Stench" and ordered Muslims to leave tribalism Behind: Somalis are fully engaged in that hypocrisy and not only harm and kill each other over clan, they also sell their own land and souls to any bidder out of hatred for their fellow Somalis. They are the biggest hypocrites on God's earth, so I have zero respect for any Somali unless they prove to me they are free from tribalism by their conduct and love for their Somali brethren. Any Somali who engages in tribalism can go piss on the Book Of Allah because to me that is what tribalism/tribal bigots are engaged in: the Pissing on the book of Allah so I have zero interest to hear about their Islam. They are no different to me from a Jewish faithful who adheres to their book and a christian. I judge people by their conduct not by what they claim they adhere to. For this reason, i can have more respect for a jew who is honest and kind than a Somali who is bigotted even if he memorized the entire Quran and reads it with a good voice. I despise that Somali more than any non-Muslim for lying about their faith,

PS: I only excuse the mentally disturbed Somalis who write online., there are plenty of them. God help the mentally disabled. Others need accounting.

Somalis existed before ISLAM just like Arabs existed before Islam. If Arabs existed and herded camels before Islam, And Somalis existed and herded camels before Islam just like Arabs, how does the Somali history start with Islam and not Arab history? Did Arab history start with Islam? What you say is very offensive and an insult to Somalis like me dude. If you are ethnically Arab, that is your issue, not my business but do't lie about me and my lineage. There is difference between Islam and Lineage. Abraham was a Muslim and was No arab. Noah was a Muslim and was no Arab. Moses was Muslim and not an Arab.

Also, Islam reached Somalis through Abyssinia before Arabs completely accepted Islam. Our language existed before Islam, we herded camels and goats before Islam, we traded and had kingdoms before Islam, we defended and expanded our lands before Islam. Our forefathers believed in God in their own way just Like Arabs believed in god in their own way though not correctly. Islam corrected the wrong beliefs but to every nation God sent a prophet before.

Don;t be offensive and speak for all Somalis. Speak for yourself ONLY.
I'd say Arab history started after Islam too sxb they were nothing but camel herders before that Islam made them great

I'd say Arab history started after Islam too sxb they were nothing but camel herders before that Islam made them great

In that regard, a new history began that changed them for the better. The greatness of any Muslim society always depends on their practice of ISLAM. There is nothing great about Arabs today if we discount wealth. Just as Somalis now do inhabit the lowest level in Africa compared to other African countries because of their ignorance and what they do to their country and to themselves because of pre-islam tribal bigotry Islam was supposed to cure them of. .

I would agree there is history before and after Islam for all Muslim countries and for all ethnic groups who accepted Islam as a nation or tribes. But their prior history of Islam is as important always. We studied the history of Arab polytheists and their practice in Islamic Seerah as a background to understand how Islam changed them for the better. So, history of a nation/tribes prior to Islam is important.

Unfortunately as Somalis, we didn't have the opportunity to write our own history as people and others wrote for us. Also, there wasn't great effort to invest in writing our history institutionally before. Nothing much was written prior to the arrival of western colonialism.

There are plenty of good brothers who took upon themselves to put together our history online and in Somali forums all over the net. Hope someday we will have a source of a complete history that goes back thousands of years put together by our own sons and daughters.

I said my piece and am out.

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
He’s right, most of the Arabs now don’t look like how they looked at the time of the prophet so most people assume to be an Arab you have to basically resemble a modern day Arab.
"So here is the issue that needs to be clarified:Many people use the abbreviation “SAW,” “SAWS,” or “PBUH” to fulfill this obligation in their writing. Is this something that fulfills the obligation of sending the salaah and salaam on the Messenger? Let us look now to some of the statements of the scholars regarding this practice. The Permanent Committee of Scholars in Saudi Arabia headed by ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdillaah ibn Baaz issued the following verdict when asked about the validity of abbreviating the salaah on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam): “The Sunnah is to write the entire phrase “sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam,” since it is a kind of supplication, and supplication is worship, (in one’s writing) just as it is in one’s speech. So to abbreviate it using the letter SAAD or the word SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM is not a supplication nor is it worship, whether it occurs in speech or writing. For this reason, this abbreviation was not used by the the first three generations, those that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) testified to their goodness.” [8] “SAAD” and “SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM” are often used in some Arabic books. The English equivalents of these abbreviations would be: SAW, SAWS, SAAWS, PBUH, and the likes. Al-Fayrooz-Abaadee said, “It is not appropriate to use symbols or abbreviations to refer to salaah and salaam, as some of the lazy ones do, as well as some ignorant people and even some students of knowledge – they write ‘SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM’ instead of writing ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [9] Ahmad Shaakir said, “It is the absurd tradition of some of the later generations that they abbreviate the writing of ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [10] Wasee Allaah ‘Abbaas said, “It is not permissible to abbreviate the salaams in general in one’s writing, just as it is not permissible to abbreviate the salaah and salaam on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam). It is also not permissible to abbreviate either of these in one’s speech.” [11] And Allaah knows best. May the most perfect and complete salaah and salaam be upon our beloved Messenger, and upon his noble family and companions."
FOOTNOTES [1]
written by Moosaa Richardson

"So here is the issue that needs to be clarified:Many people use the abbreviation “SAW,” “SAWS,” or “PBUH” to fulfill this obligation in their writing. Is this something that fulfills the obligation of sending the salaah and salaam on the Messenger? Let us look now to some of the statements of the scholars regarding this practice. The Permanent Committee of Scholars in Saudi Arabia headed by ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdillaah ibn Baaz issued the following verdict when asked about the validity of abbreviating the salaah on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam): “The Sunnah is to write the entire phrase “sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam,” since it is a kind of supplication, and supplication is worship, (in one’s writing) just as it is in one’s speech. So to abbreviate it using the letter SAAD or the word SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM is not a supplication nor is it worship, whether it occurs in speech or writing. For this reason, this abbreviation was not used by the the first three generations, those that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) testified to their goodness.” [8] “SAAD” and “SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM” are often used in some Arabic books. The English equivalents of these abbreviations would be: SAW, SAWS, SAAWS, PBUH, and the likes. Al-Fayrooz-Abaadee said, “It is not appropriate to use symbols or abbreviations to refer to salaah and salaam, as some of the lazy ones do, as well as some ignorant people and even some students of knowledge – they write ‘SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM’ instead of writing ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [9] Ahmad Shaakir said, “It is the absurd tradition of some of the later generations that they abbreviate the writing of ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [10] Wasee Allaah ‘Abbaas said, “It is not permissible to abbreviate the salaams in general in one’s writing, just as it is not permissible to abbreviate the salaah and salaam on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam). It is also not permissible to abbreviate either of these in one’s speech.” [11] And Allaah knows best. May the most perfect and complete salaah and salaam be upon our beloved Messenger, and upon his noble family and companions."
FOOTNOTES [1]
written by Moosaa Richardson

Other than people getting confused with the abbreviation and what it means when they don't know what it stands for, this seems going to the extremes. People who submit these kinds of questions are the ones who do the most damage in Islam.

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
Other than people getting confused with the abbreviation and what it means when they don't know what it stands for, this seems going to the extremes. People who submit these kinds of questions are the ones who do the most damage in Islam.
Why? It`s merely an opinion.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Been watching Speakers Corner since 2016 but the shit really blew up in 2018 all kinds of characters turning up and now people from all over the world are watching it.
yea me too. around the same time. but hes right there is two somali tribes who are originally not somali and trace their lineage to ali ibn talib. which are the sheekhaal and the shariif tribe. for example the shariif(asharaf) tribe live in xamar, sanaag, bosaso, ethiopia, morroco, algeria, saudia arabia and more. my wifes mom is shariif(asharaf) and is somalized arab.

Asharaaf in Somalia are either related to Muhammad through his grandsons Hassan ibn Ali or Husayn Ibn Ali. The Hussein branch of the Asharaf of Somalia live in the coastal towns such as Mogadishu and are part of the 'Benadiri' minority population. A few have moved to other places in order to trade or because they have bought land.

The Ashraf of the Hassan branch live mainly in the interior of the country (some of them of course may have gone to live in Mogadishu), and mostly are not Benadiri. However, the Asharaf al-Ahdali in Merca, who are Benadiri, are said to be Hassan.

The Asharaf elders indicated that they are living in Southern Somali and in Kenya and Ethiopia however they mostly like in urban locations such as Bardera, Kismayo, Baidoa, Hudur, Merca, Brava, Luuq, Jalalaqsi, Buur Ukur, Beledweyne, and Mogadishu. The largest concentration of Ashraf are found in Mogadishu the oldest Mosques are in such as the Masjidka Ahnaafta 7 Century, Masjidka (Sheikh Ahmed Sharif, Oldest Mosque in Africa) in the heart of Mogadishu, Jama Shangani, All Masaajid in the District are 13. Mogadishu. Some Ashraf settled in Ethiopia after being exiled from Somali during the Ogaden war in 1977. These Asharaf are settled in Ogaden, Dire Dawa, Oromia, Harar, however many Asharaf fled Somali during the 1991-1992 Somali Civil War. Most of them are all over the World.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
The Bolkiah Dynasty of Sultans of Brunei claim their Sharifian ancestry to Sharif Ali bin Ajlaan bin Rumaytha bin Muhammad AbuNumayy I who was the son of the Emir of Makkah and had migrated and settled in Borneo by marrying the daughter of the 3rd Sultan Ahmed.

Many Royal Families currently and previous of Malaysia, Indonesia, Java, Sumatra, Philippines and Singapore had Sharifian lineage for examples: the Hashemite Dynasty of Sultans of Sulu whose ancestor was Sharif ul-Hāshim of Sulu and another ex-royal family is the Alsagoff Family of Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts