Early Intervention eliminate Autism symptoms:

inflorescence

The Horn ~~~
Full article here:

Kristin Hinson noticed something wasn't quite right with her baby Noah when he was 6 months old.
He was her fourth child, and he seemed behind developmentally.
"He started showing signs, questionable things. Nothing terrible, but not following me around the room with his eyes," Hinson said. With two older children who have autism, she worried little Noah was headed in that same direction. "No one was super concerned, but at 9 months he was showing significant delays."
A child isn't typically diagnosed with autismuntil age 3 or later. While the signs for autism spectrum disorder, or ASD, may be hard to detect in infants, researchers suggest there may be some early indications if you know what to watch for.
Children with autism often don't produce many sounds or use their voices to communicate. They may engage in frequent repetitive behavior. They stare at their hands or at objects for long periods of time.
Sally Rogers, a professor of psychiatry and behavioral studies at UC Davis MIND Institute, wondered what would happen if a parent could intervene before a child is officially diagnosed with autism. Other research on early intervention has shown some promise.
Rogers asked Hinson if she would be interested in becoming part of a study. Since the study involved behavioral modification therapy, if Noah wasn't diagnosed with autism there would be no harm. Hinson said yes, as did six other parents with children between the ages of 7 months and 15 months who showed some signs of autism.
"As a parent, I'll take anything that can help my child," Hinson said.

Trending

Latest posts