Dumaal ( marrying your deceased brother's wife) gone wrong. The man that was believed to be dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
I don't want to address you. I like u. I do understand how u may feel the need to defend your best friend's family shenanigans, but why u feel the need to support this despicable act that makes no damn sense, I do not.
not supporting it, but im not gonna knock it either. i couldn't do it personally, but if someone is willing to make that sacrifice then im not gonna hate on them or assume they just want to smash their dumaashi

at least explain why u think it's despicable, then we can agree to disagree :lol:

LOL@best friend family shenanigans. My God...this girl is funny.

It's hardly practiced nowadays but it worked out just fine in most cases and served a great purpose. If we look at it from a Western perspective it will seem unholy and disgusting but traditionally Somali marriages weren't merely viewed as sexual transactions but it was about preserving kinship ties and looking after the children. I think it is a pretty selfless act not many people are capable of doing let alone understanding.

@Tramo he is truly a champ. MashaAllah. Ilahay ajar badan ha siiyo.

VixR

Veritas
Then stop theorizing and shut the f*ck up. You're not Karl Marx.
f*ck Marx! If there was a hell, I'd send him to it myself.

Doesn't it hurt your pride that u profess a higher moral compass but have nothing to show for it?

I will theorize until someone here besides myself admits it's the bullshit it is.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I love how dumaal is disgusting but two mentally ill men committing sodomy, debasing the institution of marriage, and possibly adopting children is a ok with you

:sheed: :sheed: :sheed:

VixR

Veritas
not supporting it, but im not gonna knock it either. i couldn't do it personally, but if someone is willing to make that sacrifice then im not gonna hate on them or assume they just want to smash their dumaashi

at least explain why u think it's despicable, then we can agree to disagree :lol:
You need to stop calling it a sacrifice. That's bullshit, and u and I know it. I can understand if your best friend was mentored and raised by a loving uncle who had lost a brother and cared for his blood - FULL STOP - but to move in on his mother :idontlike: , his dead brother's lifelong wife, for his trouble makes it transactionary = ignoble. I would not put him on a pedestal of any kind.

Tramo

You need to stop calling it a sacrifice. That's bullshit, and u and I know it. I can understand if your best friend was mentored and raised by a loving uncle who had lost a brother and cared for his blood - FULL STOP - but to move in on his mother :idontlike: , his dead brother's lifelong wife, for his trouble makes it transactionary = ignoble. I would not put him on a pedestal of any kind.

it is a sacrifice. raising kids that aren't your own even if they're your brother's is a big sacrifice

let's leave all that out for a minute. let's assume that he just wanted to marry her cuz he was feelin her (ur already assuming that, but still :lol: ). u havent explained what's wrong with that

the woman is autonomous and doesn't belong to any dude. if she's widowed and ends up falling in love with his brother, ur really telling me that's some reprehensible shit?

VixR

Veritas
it is a sacrifice. raising kids that aren't your own even if they're your brother's is a big sacrifice

This, on it's own. is a sacrifice.

Marrying your dead bro's wife a guise to accomplish this? No-no-no-noooope.

Sacrifice. Pshah!

let's leave all that out for a minute. let's assume that he just wanted to marry her cuz he was feelin her (ur already assuming that, but still :lol: ). u havent explained what's wrong with that

the woman is autonomous and doesn't belong to any dude. if she's widowed and ends up falling in love with his brother, ur really telling me that's some reprehensible shit?
Respect of kinship and kin ties.

You don't date one brother and then date another after that other, esp a dead husband's brother, what the actual fxck.

That reeks to high heaven. You're rolling in filth.

Seriously, go take a shower.

I've already taken several just imagining this filth.

Tramo

This, on it's own. is a sacrifice.

Marrying your dead bro's wife a guise to accomplish this? No-no-no-noooope.

Sacrifice. Pshah!

it's not a guise, that's what it is no matter how much it weirds u out

that's why it's a sacrifice, u might be marrying someone u wouldn't under normal circumstances. someone ur possibly not compatible with. ur assuming that in 100% of cases the brother has the hots for his dumaashi which is odd

Respect of kinship and kin ties.

You don't date one brother and then date another after that other, esp a dead husband's brother, what the actual fxck.

That reeks to high heaven. You're rolling in filth.

Seriously, go take a shower.

I've already taken several just imagining this filth.
ay i feel the same way about 2 dudes fucking for example, but im not bout to knock anybody's hustle :zhqjlmx:

maestro

Cultural revolution
Would Sspot ladies agree to marry their husbands brother no matter what?

having sex with your dead brother's wife just seems soo very wrong to me. Idk.

Think I maybe white washed :meleshame:

VixR

Veritas
it's not a guise, that's what it is no matter how much it weirds u out

that's why it's a sacrifice, u might be marrying someone u wouldn't under normal circumstances. someone ur possibly not compatible with. ur assuming that in 100% of cases the brother has the hots for his dumaashi which is odd

ay i feel the same way about 2 dudes fucking for example, but im not bout to knock anybody's hustle :zhqjlmx:
It's not just weird, it's filthy.

War, you can take care of your kin without moving in on your dead blood's spouse. That's the be all and end all of my position. No matter how hard u try, u cant justify the sex for 'protection' setup regarding ur own damned kin, for shit's sake. It's not a sacrifice, but a transaction. To call it a sacrifice makes me question the sort of other 'sacrifices' you've seen in ur lives and hold to a pedestal.

Oddly, the two fags fucking presumably aren't forsaking all that is good and pure in family decorum and sibling trading as u are.

Tramo

It's not just weird, it's filthy.

War, you can take care of your kin without moving in on your dead blood's spouse. That's the be all and end all of my position. No matter how hard u try, u cant justify the sex for 'protection' setup regarding ur own damned kin, for shit's sake. It's not a sacrifice, but a transaction. To call it a sacrifice makes me question the sort of other 'sacrifices' you've seen in ur lives and hold to a pedestal.

Oddly, the two fags fucking presumably aren't forsaking family decorum and sibling trading as u are.
family decorum? take off ur western tinted glasses for a second and realize this is an accepted practice that doesnt violate any familial bonds. it's done between consenting adults, the brothers of which have usually agreed on this type of arrangement before it takes place

horta what's with this you stuff . i dont think it's a human rights violation yea but that doesnt mean i would do it or am encouraging it damn :urgh:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Brothers - Trailer:
this movie the deployed brother is presumed dead during that time his brother fills in the family void

VixR

Veritas
family decorum? take off ur western tinted glasses for a second and realize this is an accepted practice that doesnt violate any familial bonds. it's done between consenting adults, the brothers of which have usually agreed on this type of arrangement before it takes place

horta what's with this you stuff . i dont think it's a human rights violation yea but that doesnt mean i would do it or am encouraging it damn :urgh:
Western? White?

Any reasonable rational mind would be turned off and appalled at this nonsense.

You are too, but though it makes u uneasy, u still defend it.

It absolutely violates and endangers the family for reasons we've already discussed.

What is it u label loyalty to kin a white thing?

Why is anything good or right attributed to White ppl on this forum?

Tramo

Western? White?

Any reasonable rational mind would be turned off and appalled at this nonsense.

You are too, though u defend it.

What is it u label loyalty to kin a white thing?

Why is anything good or right attributed to White ppl on this forum?
didnt say white, just western :zhqjlmx:

it's just perspective. from the western perspective (i guess, it's first time i've ever heard of this taboo. could just be a white thing like u say :lol: ) it might be considered loyalty to not marry your brother's husband, but in somali culture it's considered loyalty to do so

u still never really explained why it's so horrible, just sorta expressed disgust. let me have it

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Would Sspot ladies agree to marry their husbands brother no matter what?

having sex with your dead brother's wife just seems soo very wrong to me. Idk.

Think I maybe white washed :meleshame:

It's already been shown it's a partnership of convenience. Infact the brother who marries the widow has more weight on his shoulders because he has to take care of two families. Dumaal favours the woman because she gets companionship and her children remain within the family

VixR

Veritas
didnt say white, just western :zhqjlmx:

it's just perspective. from the western perspective (i guess, it's first time i've ever heard of this taboo. could just be a white thing like u say :lol: )

u still never really explained why it's so horrible, just sorta expressed disgust. let me have it
It's not Western, it's rational common sense.

Let's be real, the vast majority of the world's occupants would be appalled by this act, there's a rudimentary sense of loyalty to kin that frowns upon coveting your own sibling's past love interests, not to mention the guise of this custom would be immediately absurd and transparent to all.
it might be considered loyalty to not marry your brother's husband, but in somali culture it's considered loyalty to do so
Gottt damn. If this isn't ass backward as fuckkkk.:susp:

Tramo

It's not Western, it's rational common sense.

Let's be real, the vast majority of the world's occupants would be appalled by this act, there's a rudimentary sense of loyalty to kin that frowns upon coveting your own sibling's past love interests, not to mention the guise of this custom would be immediately absurd and transparent to all.
Gottt damn. If this isn't ass backward as fuckkkk.:susp:
so who's conflating western with good now? :lol:

it most certainly is western, u didnt just pull this perspective out of ur ass...it's clearly influenced by where u grew up. evidenced by the fact that if u grew up in ur ancestral homeland u would likely have the opposite perspective. and ur just projecting ur western ideals onto the rest of the world. how do u know the vast majority of the world would find it appalling? you really don't, it's just another assumption

and for the last time, it has nothing to do with coveting. the intimate marital relationship is almost an afterthought in the grand scheme of things. u know u can still disagree with the practice without completely misrepresenting it right? ur being hella dogmatic about this which is really odd

it's like saying the reason people party is because they like pouring drinks in cups. no, ppl party because they like getting drunk and turning up. yes there is a lot of drink pouring going on but that's not the main goal even though it's one way to achieve that goal

and again, ur not explaining why it's backward, just kinda throwing out moral superiority (towards ur own culture :/ ), so i guess we'll just agree to disagree

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
Ask your parents what they think of this practice although you would certainly lie about their answer. And while your at it, ask them about their views on homosexuals :lolbron::damnmusic:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Dumaal is a disgusting backwards custom but

bruce-jenner-vanity-fair-caitlyn-transgender.jpg

Is perfectly reasonable

:dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending