Dumaal ( marrying your deceased brother's wife) gone wrong. The man that was believed to be dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
wnIaRyJ.gif

You do realize I was mostly joking right?

:dead:

angrycat

not so sad after all
I don't get why you guys are so disgusted by it. just because it's seen as betrayal in western cultures doesn't mean it's the same in somali culture. I know my ancestors did it for a fact and it's considered an honorable thing for a man to marry his brother's wife. not everything not white is wrong :rolleyes:

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
I don't get why you guys are so disgusted by it. just because it's seen as betrayal in western cultures doesn't mean it's the same in somali culture. I know my ancestors did it for a fact and it's considered an honorable thing for a man to marry his brother's wife. not everything not white is wrong :rolleyes:
i dont get how it's even betrayal if the brother is deceased? if anything, it's loyalty

i look at it as the brother taking one for the team :manny:

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I'd make a stipulation on my deathbed, she can marry whoever she wants but if another man moves in, the children are going to their reer ayeeyo. Imagine leaving behind grown daughters under the care of a middle aged man:francis:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
To think your daughter and kids are safe with your own brother is idiotic.
I know few cases and one particular case happened in Kansas City couple of years ago, a man married his brother's widow through Dumaal, not only did he sexual harass his niece and impregnated her, he also killed the wife when she confronted him.

Levirate marriage is an Islamic practice. It's to protect the kids/women. Of course there's no compulsion, both parties must agree. Just want to add that the man can also marry his deceased wife's sister.

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
Dumaal is a good tradition that is done all the time back home and even here. IF anybody actually marries any of these "women" here that are against our culture/deen they can refuse it if that poor sucker kicks the bucket :hemad:

VixR

Veritas
When uncles are the most notorious for molesting children in the family sphere the entire world over, this is how they talk. If u guys have no fxcking barriers in this culture and no one is off limits, including your brother's wife and your wife's sisters, I'll bet it happens in alarming rates while everyone is like, "Oh, my bro, how so honorable of u to screw my wife post my death, it's the least u can do".

Nacalaa.

This is probably the reason at least half the population on here is fxcked the hell up. That, and screwing ur inadeers.

Mashallah.

Keep going!

angrycat

not so sad after all
When uncles are the most notorious for molesting children in the family sphere the entire world over, this is how they talk. If u guys have no fxcking barriers in this culture and no one is off limits, including your brother's wife and your wife's sisters, I'll bet it happens in alarming rates while everyone is like, "Oh, my bro, how so honorable of u to screw my wife post my death, it's the least u can do".

Nacalaa.

This is probably the reason at least half the population on here is fxcked the hell up. That, and screwing ur inadeers.

Mashallah.

Keep going!

you think a random person is less likely to molest than an uncle?some fathers molest their kids so that's besides the point. why does it bother you so much when there is no genetic relation, and all three parties are happy with it? what are your views on gay marriage btw is it this strong as well

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf

Nacalaa.

Mashallah.

Keep going!
your brother is dead, she's not his wife anymore :ayaanswag:it's not about sex, idk why ppl keep reducing it to that. even if it was purely about fucking ur former sister in law, she's not related to you at all

it's an odd thing to do, but u make it seem like it's incest or an affair with her while he's still alive. do u feel as strongly about men marrying a woman their brother has divorced too?

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
you think a random person is less likely to molest than an uncle?some fathers molest their kids so that's besides the point. why does it bother you so much when there is no genetic relation, and all three parties are happy with it? what are your views on gay marriage btw is it this strong as well
You really wanna go down that rabbit hole?

Anyone who's inclined to molest a child will do so. Most child molestations happen within the family and/or is someone the child knows, be it uncles, father or other male relatives.

But in this culture with apparently zero barriers, from the uncle's perspective, if it's OK to screw your brother's wife after he kicks the bucket, why should his daughters be off limits logistically, daughters who are younger and probably far more attractive than your older (likely) brother's mature (probably) wife? And you're out in the sticks, so can u think of any rational reason why someone who's already screwing the dead man's wife, would abstain from diddling his brother's daughters?

And from the perspective of the daughters, which is more traumatizing, more debilitating, harder to reconcile, harder to report, being diddled by an uncle turned interim father or your mother's non-related husband your clan and family will back u against?

And if you can fxck your brother's wife when he's dead, what stops you from visualizing it (as has already happened on this thread btw), or worse instigating or wishing your brother's death, or cheating behind his back while he's well and perfectly alive?

There are no barriers after all, or do u think the "dead" clause is always given due regard?

Puh-lease!

What you've done is create a host of potentially far more troublesome, deep-rooted issues than you've solved with this already transparent nonsense, and you've done it within a family.

What does the trick for me on gay sex is simply not imagining two men stick it to each other, but these are staight ppl affairs and as such they concern me :browtf:

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
your brother is dead, she's not his wife anymore :ayaanswag:it's not about sex, idk why ppl keep reducing it to that. even if it was purely about fucking ur former sister in law, she's not related to you at all

it's an odd thing to do, but u make it seem like it's incest or an affair with her while he's still alive. do u feel as strongly about men marrying a woman their brother has divorced too?
No one had to "reduce" it to sex, you've already done so. It's already apparent in the custom, otherwise you don't need to marry, i.e, fxck, your dead brother's wife to support his orphans.

No, I do not think you should marry a woman your brother divorced, what the fxck. Are there no other women in your village or the world at large?:williamswtf:

angrycat

not so sad after all
You really wanna go down that rabbit hole?

Anyone who's inclined to molest a child will do so. Most child molestations happen within the family and/or is someone the child knows, be it uncles, father or other male relatives.

But in this culture with apparently zero barriers, from the uncle's perspective, if it's OK to screw your brother's wife after he kicks the bucket, why should his daughters be off limits logistically, daughters who are younger and probably far more attractive than your older (likely) brother's mature (probably) wife? And you're out in the sticks, so can u think of any rational reason why someone who's already screwing the dead man's wife, would abstain from diddling his brother's daughters?

And from the perspective of the daughters, which is more traumatizing, more debilitating, harder to reconcile, harder to report, being diddled by an uncle turned interim father or your mother's non-related husband your clan and family will back u against?

And if you can fxck your brother's wife when he's dead, what stops you from visualizing it (as has already happened on this thread btw), or worse instigating or wishing your brother's death, or cheating behind his back while he's well and perfectly alive?

There are no barriers after all, or do u think the "dead" clause is always given due regard?

Puh-lease!

What you've done is create a host of potentially far more troublesome, deep-rooted issues than you've solved with this already transparent nonsense, and you've done it within a family.

What does the trick for me on gay sex is simply not imagining two men stick it to each other, but these are staight ppl affairs and as such they concern me :browtf:

so because a man marries a woman he'll be attracted to her daughters as well? then why are all fathers not attracted to their daughters in that case? and wouldn't this apply to all men not just uncles? I don't know what kind of world you grew up in but my uncles are like my second fathers just because there are screwed up people all over the world doesn't make this a norm. and also, did you forget stepfathers in general are one of the most likely abusers?

and like I said before it's not like the man is going behind his dead brothers back, it's accepted and sometimes the brother will ask his younger brother to marry his wife if he should pass.

so just like I thought you feel like gay people are "two consenting adults" (because white people say so no doubt) but think the actions of the savage africans are up for your critique.

angrycat

not so sad after all

she seems unaware of the fact that most somali marriages are convenience based and not love or attraction based

VixR

Veritas
she seems unaware of the fact that most somali marriages are convenience based and not love or attraction based
I don't give two flying shits about that, most marriages in the world r for convenience, but this is utterly on a whole other level of disturbing. I'll be sure to respond to ur other post later, ms. flipping the narrative.

Bohol

VIP
Nothing wrong with it if the intention is right. Lets say if your brother passes away and
a man from a rival clan (that hates your own) wants to marry your sister in law, I would
step in. You can't let someone who hates your existence near your nieces/nephews for
their own protection.

Remember this famous case the stepdad (Dhulo) who killed the boy (MJ) because he
hated his clan.

Buffalo somali man kills stepson
webali.jpg

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20121018/cityandregion/121019187

Last edited:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
When cadaan uncles are the most notorious for molesting children in the family sphere the entire cadaan world over, this is how they talk. no

You've spent too much time around cumskins

:susp:

This is our culture, there's not much of a difference between a father and an uncle in our culture.

You do not understand the concept of tol

VixR

Veritas
You've spent too much time around cumskins

This is our culture, there's not much of a difference between a father and an uncle in our culture.

You do not understand the concept of tol

Nacalaa you're not doing urselves any favors. Stop ur obsession with white ppl and madows and worry about urselves for once.:susp:

Ask me how many of my uncles I've met.

Wallahi, zero.

I have met aunts from both ends. On my dad's end, only a sister, who is btw his only sister, and a half-sister at that without having met not a one of his full-blooded brothers. He doesn't even speak to them on the phone, though he adores a nephew by one of them that I've met on a few occasions that he visits and who visits us.

I remember one of his brothers got cancer, and he visited him once years and years ago, but nothing since.

I know tidbits on the whys of their strained relationship, but I never questioned him.

He doesn't speak of them.

Ileen on top of it all, little did I know there's a sinister culturally based possibility lurking of them sizing up my mom, whom is stunning.

La hawla.

On this knowledge alone, I commend the wisdom of his decision.
praise.jpg

Bruhh. Pick up ur tuul or whatever the fxck u called it, step to the side, and back away slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending