Dr Osman Calls For Niqab Ban In Puntland

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
@DR OSMAN I too despise the Niqaab its arabic culture and nothing to do with Islam, it should be discouraged but not be made illegal that is too harsh.

The reason why I am anti-Niqaab is because it is not practical and goes beyond modesty its basically the arabs gimb mask and not normal to me as an Somali African. I think it has something to do with not wanting to get darker but as Somalis we are already dark and I love the sun, just wear sun cream.

We should secularise Somalia to combat tent niqabbed, long beard and pants rolled at the ankles wahhabis. :ufdup:These wahhabis are trying to eradicate Somali culture and replace it with an a radical arab culture

Last edited:
@DR OSMAN I too despise the Niqaab its arabic culture and nothing to do with Islam, it should be discouraged but not be made illegal that is too harsh.

The reason why I am anti-Niqaab is because it is not practical and goes beyond modesty its basically the arabs gimb mask and not normal to me as an Somali African. I think it has something to do with not wanting to get darker but as Somalis we are already dark and I love the sun, just wear sun cream.
Niqaab comes from islam

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
Niqaab comes from islam
What is your evidence ? the Arabs wore Niqaab prior to Islam and covering your entire face defeats the purpose of being modest and its very unpractical if an entire society does that. I am not even anti-arab if there is some cultural aspects I deem normal and serve a purpose that benefits society I don't mind adopting it but this is one thing that is backward and completely unjustifiable.

What is your evidence ? the Arabs wore Niqaab prior to Islam and covering your entire face defeats the purpose of being modest and its very unpractical if an entire society does that. I am not even anti-arab if there is some cultural aspects I deem normal and serve a purpose that benefits society I don't mind adopting it but this is one thing that is backward and completely unjustifiable.
It’s like how ppl think a thobe/khamis is a religious attire when it’s a cultural one. Some ppl associate anything Arab with Islam.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
It’s like how ppl think a thobe/khamis is a religious attire when it’s a cultural one. Some ppl associate anything Arab with Islam.
The khamis is more practical and its not much different the traditional Somali attire which was jsut go rapped around your waist. So I don't have any issue with the khamis at all even though I acknowledge its arabic tradition. I too wear Khamis and Shaal.

But the Niqaab is ugly, unpractical and it not normal to cover your face, its probably from some sort Arabic fetish or protection against sand storm I dunno but it has no place among Somalis our sisters face should breath and get Vitamin D.

The khamis is more practical and its not much different the traditional Somali attire which was jsut go rapped around your waist. So I don't have any issue with the khamis at all even though I acknowledge its arabic tradition. I too wear Khamis and Shaal.
I was giving an example of cultural Arab traditions that people perceive to be Islamic.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Puntland just sentenced two people to death for being gay not sure it will be carried out to be honest. murderers are pardoned if blood money is accepted. Somalia and puntland is an Islamic state plus it’s safe not like we have to worry about suicide bombers

I personally dont take the opinion of that covering your face is wajib, covering everything exept for the face and hands is enough. Some scholars believe that the face of the woman is awrah, the mothers of believers used to cover their faces. People didnt cover their faces pre islam but they used to wear veils, but it didnt cover the whole body like abaya/jilbab do and it showed cleavage, shoulders and the neck.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
I personally dont take the opinion of that covering your face is wajib, covering everything exept for the face and hands is enough. Some scholars believe that the face of the woman is awrah, the mothers of believers used to cover their faces. People didnt cover their faces pre islam but they used to wear veils, but it didnt cover the whole body like abaya/jilbab do and it showed cleavage, shoulders and the neck.
then what is your issue with what I said ? we basically agree but you just don't like how I said it. covering face while exposing belly as well as shoulders and neck was arabic culture pre-islam.

Since when did Somali women become belly dancers cajiib, war nagala tag the backward culture. Just be modest and cover what need to be covered per Islamic requirement.

reer

VIP
never seen such jahilnimo.

According to the Shafi'i School, it is obligatory for women to cover all of their bodies when they go out, including the face and hands.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
never seen such jahilnimo.

According to the Shafi'i School, it is obligatory for women to cover all of their bodies when they go out, including the face and hands.
Most scholars agree the Hijaab is sufficient for modesty and it is not necessary to cover face and hands.

this is also stated in the link you posted, and allah knows best.

Reminds me of this
CruelMale-DominatedCulture_500.jpg

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
We should secularise Somalia to combat tent niqabbed, long beard and pants rolled at the ankles wahhabis. :ufdup:These wahhabis are trying to eradicate Somali culture and replace it with an a radical arab culture
Im gonna wear the niqab just to piss off the likes of you

reer

VIP

the niqab is obligatory to many scholars and not obligatory to other scholars. it is part of islam the sahaba used to wear it. if you know its an established part of the deen and hate it you are a kafir. hatred towards a part of the deen is kufr.

Safwan bin Al-Mu'attil As-Sulami Adh- Dhakw-ani was behind the army. He had started in the last part of the night and reached my stationing place in the morning and saw the figure of a sleeping person. He came to me and recognized me on seeing me for he used to see me before veiling. I got up because of his saying: "Inna Li l-lahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun," which he uttered on recognizing me. I covered my face with my garment,

Ibn Hajar said in Al-Tuhfa: Yes, if a stranger is looking at her, she must cover her face from him, otherwise she will be helping him to do something forbidden, and she will be sinning.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Their truly a difference between a mumin vs a Muslim. A mumin doesn't worship men who tell them something if they can't prove its benefit financially, socially, intellectually. Not a single person has proven the benefits of niqab and only resort to worshipping what other Muslims tell them or do. Their ritualistic muslims and not real believers, I would beware.

I pointed out the social risk (men hiding themselves in it and entering women areas) I pointed the financial risk where ppl can use it to rob ppl or businesses and banks without being identified. I pointed to the security risk ppl can conceal weapons or strap bombs on themselves.

What does a ritualistic Muslim respond with? Other Muslims or scholars tell us it's ok, they can't prove with any daleel it's benefit vs it's risk. There is believers vs Muslims. A mainstream Muslim is a mushrik who listens to what men tell them. A mainstream Muslim Is only a Muslim because he fears punishment like a child or desires a reward like heaven.

f*ck them diinta way ku xaareen, this colonially inspired Islam which is where all their crap roots to is archaic Islam. It's not even the corrupt classical era or caliphate Islam post the four caliphs and forget it being pure desert origin where it is about hikma not rituals.

Islam must of corrupted itself upon Christian and Jewish and Buddhist contact and mixing administration with worship(political agendas inside it). Pure Islam is about hikma and wisdom. I know no Somali ever gave any bayah to any Islamic caliphate or ottomans but were only p military allies and the closest they came was Harar school of Islam. If their no hikma in the Islam U follow even if it's jama'ah or majority Islam, it's most likely a corrupt Islam, id beware.

Last edited:

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
the niqab is obligatory to many scholars and not obligatory to other scholars. it is part of islam the sahaba used to wear it. if you know its an established part of the deen and hate it you are a kafir. hatred towards a part of the deen is kufr.

Safwan bin Al-Mu'attil As-Sulami Adh- Dhakw-ani was behind the army. He had started in the last part of the night and reached my stationing place in the morning and saw the figure of a sleeping person. He came to me and recognized me on seeing me for he used to see me before veiling. I got up because of his saying: "Inna Li l-lahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun," which he uttered on recognizing me. I covered my face with my garment,

Ibn Hajar said in Al-Tuhfa: Yes, if a stranger is looking at her, she must cover her face from him, otherwise she will be helping him to do something forbidden, and she will be sinning.
Did this negro just make takfir on me ? waa aduunyo abahed wastay.

NomadicWarlord

THROW YO 〽️s UP‼️ #MJBLOCK 🇸🇱🇸🇱🇸🇱
I'm sick of seeing these Niqabis in Puntland. I don't like to see the state get involved in ppl dress code but this is a security risk and a morality problem.

Anyone can have a weapon, bomb, concealed under niqab and attack people. Its also a dangerous pervert tool where a man can be concealing himself in niqab and entering areas where women are together and perving on them. It can be used as a way to rob businesses and banks without being identifiable. Way too much risk to allow it in PL.

Why in the world did we allow these dress code in PL. It's a security risk plus a tool any pervert could use to sneak into some women areas. I call for a brave stance on this from PL govt to protect our security and women affairs.

The face of someone is ID, noone can conceal it must be passed as law.

And I want to add kids must not be forced to wear it. How is a 5 year old girl sexually appealing to grown men and why in the world are they covering up their awrah.
:idontlike: Nope aint happening anytime soon

Trending