Dominicans

Dominicans are right in saying that they aren't black, that country is full of different admixtures and groups. Pro black retards always want to label people that they have no association with, as being black.

A lot of them are of West African heritage with some being predominantly African.

Why would they not be part of BLM when they have slave ancestry?

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Screenshot_20200604-032207.png

No kidding huh :francis:

Dominicans are right in saying that they aren't black, that country is full of different admixtures and groups. Pro black retards always want to label people that they have no association with, as being black.

A lot of them have high West African percentage with a lot being 50-60%. They are black, and of Slave ancestry, they are just self-haters and even the dark skin ones will call themselves anything but dark.

Apollo

VIP
A lot of them have high West African percentage with a lot being 50-60%. They are black, and of Slave ancestry, they are just self-haters and even the dark skin ones will call themselves anything but dark.

Their average is 35-40% Sub-Saharan African. Some of their darkness comes from the 10% Caribbean Native American they have.

Their average is 35-40% Sub-Saharan African. Some of their darkness comes from the 10% Caribbean Native American they have.

I've seen a couple of youtube videos of them being like 50-60%, although you are probably right as that is not an indication of the 'average'. But the ones that got such high percentage where pretty fair, but had prominent African features.

Either way, the Domincans i've seen look like they clearly have black ancestry and the black heritage they have is the same as AAs. At least with Somalis we can argue that we Cushite and are from the other side of Africa with no connection to West Africans whatsoever.

Apollo

VIP
I've seen a couple of youtube videos of them being like 50-60%, although you are probably right as that is not an indication of the 'average'. But the ones that got such high percentage where pretty fair, but had prominent African features.

Either way, the Domincans i've seen look like they clearly have black ancestry and the black heritage they have is the same as AAs.

There are probably some who are 50-60%, just like there are some who are 20-25%. But many different studies who sampled a large number of them came to the conclusion it is in the high 30% close to 40%, but never much more than that.

I think the main reason why they argue that they aren't black is that it is actually not even 50% of their blood and their culture is almost completely based on that of Spain. They don't really have that many African cultural roots besides some dances.

There are probably some who are 50-60%, just like there are some who are 20-25%. But many different studies who sampled a large number of them came to the conclusion it is in the high 30% close to 40%, but never much more than that.

I think the main reason why they argue that they aren't black is that it is actually not even 50% of their blood and their culture is almost completely based on that of Spain. They don't really have that many African cultural roots besides some dances.

I can see why they wouldn't see themselves as black and but I can also see why AAs do not understand why they don't see themselves as such. Mixed AAs who are clearly less than 50% black like Alicia Keys for example are forced to call themselves black due to the one-drop rule. Even people like Mariah Carey whose phenotype is clearly white is called African American.

The culture part doesn't really hold wait though considering the fact that AAs are not culturally African. They have been stripped of that.

No, even if they have 50 percent West African blood in them it doesn't make them fully black, unlike AAs who have 90 percent West African DNA. Many of them are white passing anyways.

No, even if they have 50 percent West African blood in them it doesn't make them fully black, unlike AAs who have 90 percent West African DNA. Many of them are white passing anyways.

A lot of African Americans have like less 50%like the multigenerational mixed ones like Vanessa Williams and the ones from Lousiana ect and also the recently mixed ones like Alicia Keys. Yet, they are still seen as black.

I don't think that is right as the reasoning behind it is racist, but I can see why AAs will not understand why Domincans refuse the black title.

A lot of African Americans have like less 50%like the Multigenerational mixed ones like Vanessa Williams ect and the recently mixed ones like Alicia Keys. Yet, they are still seen as black. I Don't think that is right as the reasoning behind it is racist, but I can see why AAs will not understand why Domincans refuse the black title.

Because of the one-drop rule during slavery times in the USA. Not all Dominicans are black, lookup white Dominicans who make up like 16 percent of their population.

dom.jpg

The current president of the DR, does he look black to you?.

Apollo

VIP
I can see why they wouldn't see themselves as black and but I can also see why AAs do not understand why they don't see themselves as such. Mixed AAs who are clearly less than 50% black like Alicia Keys for example are forced to call themselves black due to the one-drop rule. Even people like Mariah Carey whose phenotype is clearly white is called African American.

The culture part doesn't really hold wait though considering the fact that AAs are not culturally African. They have been stripped of that.

About the cultural thing: Well, you could argue that AA culture is more ''Black'' than Afro-Hispanics because White Americans marginalized them more and kept them out of the mainstream for much longer. So AA culture is more unique to them (hence more ''Black'') while Afro-Latino culture is mainly just the exact same thing as the culture those Castizo/Mestizo Hispanics have. My two cents.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Is kinda weird how 99 percent of Somalis aren't around Dominicans and vise versa despite having similar mentality. Like you can ask 1 million dominicans in America and all would probably say they never met a somali.

Trending