Dominicans

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
8e603aa3422f6cb74e8a05d026b12bfe.jpg

Most of our ancestry is indigenous african
Our ethnic identity is rooted in the Afro-Asiatic family and we inherited it from our Male North African/Egyptian-like ancestors. A few Somalis still have the original Hamitic phenotype of our Caucasoid ancestors.

We've got nothing to do with Sub-Saharan Africans other than maternal ancestry.

Last edited:

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Our ethnic identity is rooted in the Afro-Asiatic family and we inherited it from our Male North African/Egyptian-like ancestors. A few Somalis still have the original Hamitic phenotype of our Caucasoid ancestors.

We've got nothing to do with other Sub-Saharan Africans.
We only share a language tree, our cushitic culture was cultivated by us not one ancestor

Apollo

VIP

We've got nothing to do with other Sub-Saharan Africans other than maternal ancestry.

Somalis have been ethnically/racially similar for nearly 5,000 years. Kind of silly to use % on them or compare them to New World groups. It is not at all comparable. Apples and oranges.

Somalis have been ethnically/racially similar for nearly 5,000 years. Kind of silly to use % on them or compare them to New World groups. It is not at all comparable. Apples and oranges.
I was not comparing Somalis to New World Blacks. The point i was trying to get across in my previous post is the Somali identity is an Afro-Asiatic one not a SSA one.

We have existed longer than Europeans and many Asian groups. If we're breaking down Somalis to components, then we should for other "stock" populations.

We share it with Nilo-Saharans and Omotic populations who you no doubtingly refer to as Madow

Trending