Does this guy look somali or kuwaiti?

unnamed (9).jpg

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
arabs marrried blacks much more than somalis. they made bajunis and reer mombasa and zanzibaris (pre massacre of arabs). and all arab-bantu mixes. i wouldnt be suprised if afro iranians of southern iran have arab mixture.
Am i the only guy wondering why these arabs in the gulf only had Ethiopian slaves and not Somali slaves?

Som

VIP
Am i the only guy wondering why these arabs in the gulf only had Ethiopian slaves and not Somali slaves?
Many reasons.
1)somalis were muslim so they were considered not enslavable, somalis were also considered as arab or at least arabized enough to be left alone. Occasionally arabs would also enslave muslim blacks but it was rare in east Africa, in the Maghreb countries though any subsaharan was at risk of enslavement even if they were muslim.
2) somalis enslaved other ethnicities but never enslaved other somalis even if from other clans. Oromos and sidaama on the other hand enslaved their own people all the time, slavery was a common punishment for crimes in Oromo Kingdoms, some habesha also enslaved each other. Arabs bought those slaves and shipped them to arabia from Zeila, Mogadishu and other somali port cities.
3) some somalis were involved in the slave trade themselves, it wasn't very common but some somalis in the south enslaved bantu people and some somalis in the north participated in enslaving oromos. Since some somalis were partners in crimes with the arab slave traders they were not subject to enslavement.Socially speaking the status of somalis in the eyes was high and just below full blooded arabs