Does this guy look somali or kuwaiti?

World

VIP
Biggest source of ancestry in Afro-Arabs seems to be the Zanzibar area (Tanzania/Mozambique etc) followed by the Lake Chad area.

Ethiopian ancestry, even the Omotic kind, is very low in most Afro-Arabs.

They just look pseudo-Horner because SSA + Arabian can look this way.
The market for Ethiopian slaves was probably minuscule compared to South Eastern Africa, who were easily enslaved by Arabs.

Apollo

VIP
The market for Ethiopian slaves was probably minuscule compared to South Eastern Africa, who were easily enslaved by Arabs.

Mountainous terrain I presume was the difficulty. Also, harsh terrain like the Afar desert towards Arabia.

While Southeast Africa was on the coast, which made it much easier to transport. The sea is basically like a high speed network when it comes to long distance trade.

Reason why Lake Chad was such a big source is kind of weird.. perhaps because they established trade routes/caravans with North Africa before the slave trade started.

I noticed that Afro-Arabs in Ottoman areas and the Levant tend to have more Lake Chad roots, while Arabian and Iranian Afro-Arabs tend to have more Southeast African roots.

Hes not Somali 🤦‍♂️ where is the proof
He's a somali and everyone knows that around here and with closer contacts with people close to him it was reviled that he's Sacad Muuse.

Btw he doesn't like to talk about his nationality or where he came from but thanks to Somalis in online everyone now knows he's somali resident in Kuwait.

Based

VIP
He's a somali and everyone knows that around here and with closer contacts with people close to him it was reviled that he's Sacad Muuse.

Btw he doesn't like to talk about his nationality or where he came from but thanks to Somalis in online everyone now knows he's somali resident in Kuwait.
He doesn't even look Somali :mjkkk: wallahi you Somalians will just make up any story to back up your claims

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP

Nigga stop it iam sacad muuse no way this nigga is somali :stopit: Otherwise we all would have known that especially with those subs
he is proberly 1 of those afro arabs

He doesn't even look Somali :mjkkk: wallahi you Somalians will just make up any story to back up your claims
We ain't making shit up 😂 we Somalis know how to find out the identity of someone just by talking to people close to him that's what my mom did and know his Qabil

Tbf Ethiopian slaves had a high death rate compared to black and white slaves for some reason, even their mixed children would all die according to the narratives I've read.
It is weird, all the accounts I've read state they were numerous but some say genetically there was no impact whatsoever in Arabia or the Middle East, idk about that.

Reason why Lake Chad was such a big source is kind of weird.. perhaps because they established trade routes/caravans with North Africa before the slave trade started.
Its because it was population dense, a lot of people lived near Lake Chad since it was vital for water.
Also Darfuri groups like Masalit, Fur and Zaghwaha were huge active slave traders and there were a lot of semi-connected Saharan kingdoms

Yeah hes a massive youtuber over there in arabia :lol: I wonder if he gets racial abuse bc he is the biggest Arabian YouTuber who happens to be black
He's probably the most famous arab youtuber because he's black tho, maybe they got sick of watching really pale/bleached out arabs.

Many reasons.
1)somalis were muslim so they were considered not enslavable, somalis were also considered as arab or at least arabized enough to be left alone. Occasionally arabs would also enslave muslim blacks but it was rare in east Africa, in the Maghreb countries though any subsaharan was at risk of enslavement even if they were muslim.
2) somalis enslaved other ethnicities but never enslaved other somalis even if from other clans. Oromos and sidaama on the other hand enslaved their own people all the time, slavery was a common punishment for crimes in Oromo Kingdoms, some habesha also enslaved each other. Arabs bought those slaves and shipped them to arabia from Zeila, Mogadishu and other somali port cities.
3) some somalis were involved in the slave trade themselves, it wasn't very common but some somalis in the south enslaved bantu people and some somalis in the north participated in enslaving oromos. Since some somalis were partners in crimes with the arab slave traders they were not subject to enslavement.Socially speaking the status of somalis in the eyes was high and just below full blooded arabs
Please stop this fake narrative that Somalis were involved in the slave trade, we weren’t and it’s historically documented, we were civilised and realised slavery is wrong before most other civilisations and fought hard against injustice and helped many African nations against it.

The other false narrative is this connection between Somalis and Arabs or arabisation, we Somalis HATED arabs and their backwards behaviours, many of us still do. Slavery existed in Arabia because they become Muslims so how could they decide to not take Somalis as slaves because of islam??? Makes no sense, they didn’t because they couldn’t! Somalis are known as powerful warriors and don’t sell their people out.

learn your history if you’re Somali, if you’re not of course you’d push this narrative, why you even on a Somali site? Lol

66133392-6987-4CCD-9786-FE7677E90850.jpeg

Som

VIP
Please stop this fake narrative that Somalis were involved in the slave trade, we weren’t and it’s historically documented, we were civilised and realised slavery is wrong before most other civilisations and fought hard against injustice and helped many African nations against it.

The other false narrative is this connection between Somalis and Arabs or arabisation, we Somalis HATED arabs and their backwards behaviours, many of us still do. Slavery existed in Arabia because they become Muslims so how could they decide to not take Somalis as slaves because of islam??? Makes no sense, they didn’t because they couldn’t! Somalis are known as powerful warriors and don’t sell their people out.

learn your history if you’re Somali, if you’re not of course you’d push this narrative, why you even on a Somali site? Lol

View attachment 205643
1)It's a historically proven fact that SOME somalis had slaves in the south. It was a minority of people but it still happened. You can look it up yourself. Who do you think bantus worked for? Arabs and benadiris are a tiny minority in somalia.
I'm somali and I know my history, our people were flawed human beings some were good and some were bad.
2)Somalis ARE NOT arabized or arabs, this is not what I meant. I was saying that arabs BELIEVED that some somali clans had a connection with arabness because of the false claims of some clans having arab origin related to prophet Muhammad (saws).
3)I agree that somalis were never enslaved because we are stubborn warriors, but it's also true that arabs never even tried to actively enslave ethnic somalis
4) arabs engaged in slavery even before islam, when islam came slavery was regulated and only non muslim war captives could be enslaved. As a result it was haram for muslims to enslave other muslim

View attachment 205643
Are you trolling ? You must be this is a legitimately crazy opinion to hold.

Somalis weren't as involved in slave raids as previously thought since they were lazy and disliked menial labor but they were middlemen. They let arabs and swahilis use their ports and taxed them, some southerners did buy slaves.

The slave freeing incident was to do with hating the arabs, not to do with human rights. You don't know whether they resold them.

Apollo

VIP
I'm 100% sure

Here's his dad you can't tell me he doesn't look like a somali

I remain skeptical.

Troll Somalis have claimed that many people were Somali or half Somali in the past and it turned out to be false.

Also, why is he hiding or avoiding mentioning that he is Somali? Makes no sense. Somalis usually like to make it clear to people.

Trending

Latest posts