Does our culture hate and belittle dark skinned Somali sisters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need stand up and address that nacaasnimo right away.

People in Asia wear umbrellas and use lighten cremes to keep lighter, you don’t see the Thai girl throwing a fit about it.

You should have addressed her right away.
it’d be hard to gather courage if you’re lightskin. if i was there & said something that girl would’ve gone cray cray. reiko must be lightskin

Abusing diana back home is a new thing tbh most likely influenced by bollywood & arabic films. Before the war, who did that? No one.

And the new songs geeljires put out are praising light skin ”midabkaaga nuurka”.

However, diaspora guys are exactly like the other madows in the sense that they go for the non african girl. This girl was probably ignored by geeljire guys & saw lighter geeljire girls get praise. Its different from other madow cultures where even your family tell you negative things about your darkskin. I can’t really speak for all geeljire households, but i still think its accurate to say that your family aren’t the aggressors tbh. Its who you meet outside & how they value you.

For most geeljire girls i think the discrimination is not direct like ”dhuxul baad tahay iis cadee”, but how much attention & praise you’re not given cause you’re darker.

World

VIP
I can’t speak for other Somalis, but personally I don’t find the skin colour of black people(Somali included) as attractive. I don’t find bleached skin attractive either. White to light brown is optimal.

dark skin is not looked down upon in somali culture. something I've noticed is that you will never see a guy insecure or calaacaling about his skin colour. Its always women. Are women more insecure about their looks? :cosbyhmm:

dark skin is not looked down upon in somali culture. something I've noticed is that you will never see a guy insecure or calaacaling about his skin colour. Its always women. Are women more insecure about their looks? :cosbyhmm:
Yes did you really just figure that out right now:bell:

f*ck out of here I only like Maareen girls no dhuxlos and no light skins
47A9736B-462A-4B10-85AA-C5A376C4C474-1220-000002F6AF230B7C.png
47A9736B-462A-4B10-85AA-C5A376C4C474-1220-000002F6AF230B7C.png 47A9736B-462A-4B10-85AA-C5A376C4C474-1220-000002F6AF230B7C.png 47A9736B-462A-4B10-85AA-C5A376C4C474-1220-000002F6AF230B7C.png

What i have seen of somalis where i live is that they usually uplift lightskin somalis. There has been times when guys would say she is dhuxul i can't date her. And the girls would also say Madow to the darkskin guys.

Abusing diana back home is a new thing tbh most likely influenced by bollywood & arabic films. Before the war, who did that? No one.

And the new songs geeljires put out are praising light skin ”midabkaaga nuurka”.

However, diaspora guys are exactly like the other madows in the sense that they go for the non african girl. This girl was probably ignored by geeljire guys & saw lighter geeljire girls get praise. Its different from other madow cultures where even your family tell you negative things about your darkskin. I can’t really speak for all geeljire households, but i still think its accurate to say that your family aren’t the aggressors tbh. Its who you meet outside & how they value you.

For most geeljire girls i think the discrimination is not direct like ”dhuxul baad tahay iis cadee”, but how much attention & praise you’re not given cause you’re darker.

being viewed as unattractive isn't just a female problem, just ask short guys whether they gets the same attention and praise as other guys. same with fat guys, bald guys and so on.

but you don't see these guys trying to change what women find universally attractive because - newsflash - you can't force people to be attracted to you.

In every culture some traits will be valued more than others, in order for something to be considered ideal, something else must be less than ideal. It's two sides of the same coin.

being viewed as unattractive isn't just a female problem, just ask short guys whether they gets the same attention and praise as other guys. same with fat guys, bald guys and so on.

but you don't see these guys trying to change what women find universally attractive because - newsflash - you can't force people to be attracted to you.

In every culture some traits will be valued more than others, in order for something to be considered ideal, something else must be less than ideal. It's two sides of the same coin.
@Jjero :gaasdrink:

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡
there is no hatred for dark skinned women in our community, if you go to Somalia most girls are dark and brown skinned
but there is a bias for light skin in Somali culture
even though I am dark as f*ck, people will still find a way to compliment me calling me "cadeey"
LOL I just smile awkwardly at that

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
there is no hatred for dark skinned women in our community, if you go to Somalia most girls are dark and brown skinned
but there is a bias for light skin in Somali culture
even though I am dark as f*ck, people will still find a way to compliment me calling me "cadeey"
LOL I just smile awkwardly at that
When you describe yourself sometimes I go like
giphy.gif
but you have «Somali features» though? Coz then skin colour is irrelevant.

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡
When you describe yourself sometimes I go like
PDs2Dz
but you have «Somali features» though? Coz then skin colour is irrelevant.
Dark skin is a normal feature for Somalis so I don't get what you mean
I've never been discriminated against my skin color is Somalia, because most people are my skin color
In fact I was even darker then back in Somalia
The first time I've heard people argue about skin color is on this forum

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Light skin people are perceived as attractive in sub Saharan africa. I don't know why. a geeljirre would be called a lucky man if he marries a fair skin chinese woman with a flat ass. black skin xalimos back home don't argue why their complexions isn't favorable because they also believe that light skin is much more preferable. But I haven't seen Somalis in the west making brown/light skin more preferable to black skin.
I personally find most types of human skin shade attractive, from very dark to pale so long the woman is my type.

MI-Redhead-Red-Hair-Woman-iStock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts