Does our culture hate and belittle dark skinned Somali sisters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Hey guys I didn't make this thread to bash people but I'm angry. Sick and tired and also angry.

There was an event earlier this evening that I've attended, a friend of mine organized it, it was dinner setting and we were discussing things, the attendees weren't only Somalis, it was a mix group, we had Ethiopians, Congolese, Thai and also couple of cadaan folks. Everyone was discussing things they want to experience, things they want to change about the world and stuff, it was all positive. And then a certain Somali girl, started talking. She started shaming our culture and how Somalis basically hate dark skinned women. Yes this just said Somalis hate dark skinned girls and how they're treated differently with in our Somali community. Wallahi everyone was uncomfortable including us Somalis. This wasn't the first time I've seen a darker complexion Somali girl shaming our culture and blantantly lying about our culture inorder to gain sympathy from ajanabis.

Is this the route Somali SJWs are now taking?

On another hand, I'm started to question why do Somali women back home abuse Diana and bleaching products? Are they ashamed of their complexion?

You need stand up and address that nacaasnimo right away.

People in Asia wear umbrellas and use lighten cremes to keep lighter, you don’t see the Thai girl throwing a fit about it.

You should have addressed her right away.

Gambar

VIP
There is an obsession with light skin and it’s very new to my knowledge.

Growing up I never heard about light skin being better though. Everyone in my family is dark.

Wallahi I never even heard anyone suggest lightening their skin either.

But I remember going to a Somali store recently and they were selling those bleaching creams and they smell disgusting. :susp:I couldn’t believe they would use them.

Another observation I made was the women are huge but look like ghosts.

Anigii yaab. Naa heedhe Canabeey naa maxaa kugu dhacay? Adoo dhan ghost baad uu eekatee naa sidaani sii maahee *rests hand on chin in confusion*

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
:gucciwhat: Somali women were historically rewarded according to their beauty. And skin tone was only one dimension of many that was used to factor in attractiveness; features, height and body composition also played a significant role in the decision. So did attitude and cooking skills to an extent. Let's just say they wouldn't call me a fareed in the last two departments. :pachah1:Alx, that was the past. Fast forward, from what I've gathered contemporary Somali guys don't care so much, the odd few might have a preference. The question I have is, is an unconventionally attractive Somali female looked upon unfavourably? And would this influence her decision to be highly involved in SJW causes. I mean a septum piercing is quite common among them and sometimes oddly styled hair and manner of dress. People want to be different, I don't blame them.

Gibiin-Udug

I’ll take dark skin females over yo ugly ass:susp:
This isn't the time to flirt with me...

You need stand up and address that nacaasnimo right away.

People in Asia wear umbrellas and use lighten cremes to keep lighter, you don’t see the Thai girl throwing a fit about it.

You should have addressed her right away.
I'm sick and tired of individuals throwing our people under the bus to get some kind of sympathy. At the end of the day, they're making themselves look deranged and desperate.

Our Somali culture never flavour lightskin. Why she's lying? @Reiko should've beat her ass for lying.
I wanted to beat her ass but I was wearing high heels and tbh her friends looked like Gross sisters from the proud family.

Gibiin-Udug

There is an obsession with light skin and it’s very new to my knowledge.

Growing up I never heard about light skin being better though. Everyone in my family is dark.

Wallahi I never even heard anyone suggest lightening their skin either.

But I remember going to a Somali store recently and they were selling those bleaching creams and they smell disgusting. :susp:I couldn’t believe they would use them.

Another observation I made was the women are huge but look like ghosts.

Anigii yaab. Naa heedhe Canabeey naa maxaa kugu dhacay? Adoo dhan ghost baad uu eekatee naa sidaani sii maahee *rests hand on chin in confusion*

Older Somali generations call light skinned people doqons :bell:

They should invest time to lose weight instead of purchasing deadly chemicals to bleach their skins.

:gucciwhat: Somali women were historically rewarded according to their beauty. And skin tone was only one dimension of many that was used to factor in attractiveness; features, height and body composition also played a significant role in the decision. So did attitude and cooking skills to an extent. Let's just say they wouldn't call me a fareed in the last two departments. :pachah1:Alx, that was the past. Fast forward, from what I've gathered contemporary Somali guys don't care so much, the odd few might have a preference. The question I have is, is an unconventionally attractive Somali female looked upon unfavourably? And would this influence her decision to be highly involved in SJW causes. I mean a septum piercing is quite common among them and sometimes oddly styled hair and manner of dress. People want to be different, I don't blame them.
Somali women whether dark or light are gorgeous. Somalis don't have the light vs dark conversations thank god. But SJWs want something to talk about, first it was the FGM, guess now it's time for the skin complexion.

Did the girl just mention it out of nowhere? that's a bit weird to steer a positive atmosphere into a negative one. I wonder what set her off? Shes clearly speaking out of her own insecurities, but who knows how and where it stemmed from.
I cant speak for the Somali diaspora in Minnesota (since I havent personally lived there) but I've seen and heard instances where Dark skinned xalimos were treated in a xaasid manner. In fact, my sister told me when she lived in Minnesota for a few months, people would say shes was too dark and recommend that she bleached her skin.

At the end of the day only the weak fall susceptible to the whole lightskin vs darkskin trope.

Id say yes and no. How times have you seen a hoyoo call her lightskin boy or girl caade or cadeey. But its not toxic and means nothing when kids grow old. You could say the same thing about have jillec hair or Madow.

Last edited:
I think now, there is a difference in how light and dark-skinned girls are treated. This treatment, in turn, influences how you feel about yourself. Ex: if you are constantly told that you are ugly b/c of your dark skin colour, you end up internalizing it. Same thing with constantly being told that you are beautiful b/c you are light skinned. Your confidence goes up in a way. Girls need to be taught at a young age that their skin colour is beautiful.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
I wouldn't say Somali culture. reer magaal people back home look down upon dhuxul people (male and female). Somalis in baadiye are dhuxul as night and don't care about skin complexion. also reer magaal xalimos back home abuse Diana more than any other group in Africa.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Older Somali generations call light skinned people doqons :bell:

They should invest time to lose weight instead of purchasing deadly chemicals to bleach their skins.

Somali women whether dark or light are gorgeous. Somalis don't have the light vs dark conversations thank god. But SJWs want something to talk about, first it was the FGM, guess now it's time for the skin complexion.

She might have dampened the vibe and good will of the season but at least she's not organizing a topless protest. It could be so much worse, Alx, she's not cadaan. :mjlol:

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.
It's all about facial features for me i could give a f*ck about a geeljire female's skin complexion.

Plus idk why people are so sensitive these days me and my sister would joke around. She'll call me timo Madow and i'll call her duxul. I am light she is dark. She has soft silky hair i dont.

some women are just really insecure.

Last edited:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Skin is skin

It shouldn't matter what color the person is

Always know that you are beautiful inside and out.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.