Does Islam oppress men?

Are Muslim men oppressed by Islamic doctrine?

• Yes

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters
Why do I have to part with my income just to raise a grown partner? Modern times call for reinterpretation of the whole doctrine. The scholars need to devise a new Muslim doctrine whereby males are no longer oppressed by their partners and their rights increased substantially.

Apollo

VIP
Hijab is covering everything. Not just hair.

No one assumes that.

The hair covering is the main thing that differentiates it from a modestly dressed Western woman.

Idk, a woman wearing a Hillary Clinton style pantsuit doesn't arouse me. Covering the hair on top has little effect in making men less horny.

The hair covering is the main thing that differentiates it from a modestly dressed Western woman.

Idk, a woman wearing a Hillary Clinton style pantsuit doesn't arouse me. Covering the hair on top has little effect in making men less horny.
What makes you aroused is learned behaviour. If women walked with bare breasts 24/7 like those African tribes, we wouldn't find them arousing.

Islamically, everything has to covered apart from the face and hands. The clothing is meant to be lose. So an abaya is ideal or very baggy dresses similar to the abaya. I don't see western women dressed that way.

A woman wearing fitted clothes, but with her hair covered is technically not wearing proper 'hijab'. Hillary clinton power suits are not modest going by Islamic standards.

A lot of women are guilty of this, sometimes my self included, but hijab is the covering of everything except face and hands.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP

Hijab in its completion is not just meant to lessen mens thirst thats what lowering the gaze is for its to have a general sense of modesty in the society its how humans are meant to act(from the Islamic perspective)

Why do I have to part with my income just to raise a grown partner? Modern times call for reinterpretation of the whole doctrine. The scholars need to devise a new Muslim doctrine whereby males are no longer oppressed by their partners and their rights increased substantially.
I know you're an atheist but you can't just change Islam. This isn't Christianity.

Apollo

VIP
@Halimak

Different topic, but what about the ones who cover their face except the eyes. Isn't that going too far and kind of against human nature since humans are evolved to react to facial expressions.

@Halimak

Different topic, but what about the ones who cover their face except the eyes. Isn't that going too far and kind of against human nature since humans are evolved to react to facial emotions.
Human nature? There isn't any natural form of clothing or style to wear clothing in. The eyes are much more telling than other parts of the face though.

Trending

Latest posts