Does he look somali ?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Sorry @Apollo imma call cap walaal.

I can tell you personally that Somalis that have even 50% non-Somali ancestry can look Somali.

Let alone individuals that have over >95% Somali ancestry.

He might be banadiri, but honestly you will find so many Somalis who look like him everywhere in the region, sorry I have to agree with the majority Apollo and Sophisticate are over reacting.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
He might be banadiri, but honestly you will find so many Somalis who look like him everywhere in the region, sorry I have to agree with the majority Apollo and Sophisticate are over reacting.
It's not an overreaction. He just would not blend among mainstream Somalis that I've seen. I have seen enough outlier foreigners that look more convincing and even with them, I can tell the difference. Do not blame me for your untrained eyes and your lack of skill in detecting a counterfeit from the real McCoy.

World

VIP
It's not an overreaction. He just would not blend among mainstream Somalis that I've seen. I have seen enough outlier foreigners that look more convincing and even with them, I can tell the difference. Do not blame me for your untrained eyes and your lack of skill in detecting a counterfeit from the real McCoy.
Who are u to judge his somalinimo, he has the Somali bracelet on and is proud of his roots. There are plenty of Somalis who look a bit different, doesn’t mean they’re mixed. He would definitely not stand out in any Somali city.

You people are crazy. I have over 3% non-Somali DNA, among the diversity; Khoisan, Siberian, Basal Eurasian, and Basque. And I look 100% Somali.

I know half Somali/Peninsular Arabs you could never tell were mixed.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Who are u to judge his somalinimo, he has the Somali bracelet on and is proud of his roots. There are plenty of Somalis who look a bit different, doesn’t mean they’re mixed. He would definitely not stand out in any Somali city.
i wanna go home tom hiddleston GIF
In seriousness, I can tell the difference between an outlier Somali and one that isn't Somali but has a pseudo-Horner appearance.

Really, 3% of Bantu introgression is that potent and that visible that you can easily discern it?

Come on, Apollo.

:fantasia2:

You and Sophisticate can't possibly possess these superpowers.
Usually Niger-Congo mixture is indiscernible by 12% sometimes 25% in whites, but it is possible for 3% to show

Like this Dutch youtuber is only 3% black, but it shows a lot more than that. Even before I knew he had a black relative I knew he must be part black.

1647820074706.png

The Somali dude does look like he has some Arab or Habesha ancestry, but could also just be fully Somali.

Last edited:

I need that special training, so would you say most somalis looking like him are outliers. How much would you say are outliers say in each city or a group of population. 5 % or 10% and I also have seen in my home land some that look like madow and some that look like yemany Arabs, the funny thing is that they could be brothers, but majority on an average scale are typical.

You guys saying he doesn’t look Somali but instead Caribbean are blind, he looks far more Somali, I can accept Ethiopian, but not Caribbean smh.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
He looks Somali to me, if I was lost, I would ask him for direction in Somali. We gotta realize we can look different but still look the same :)

Usually Niger-Congo mixture is indiscernible by 12% sometimes 25% in whites, but it is possible for 3% to show

Like this Dutch youtuber is only 3% black, but it shows a lot more than that. Even before I knew he had a black relative I knew he must be part black.

View attachment 217893

The Somali dude does look like he has some Arab or Habesha ancestry, but could also just be fully Somali.
Zidane is between 15-25% Sub-Saharan and looks much whiter then him

Zinedine-Zidane-wont-seek-Manchester-United-job-sources.jpg

Apollo

VIP
How about those of us with minor Highlander admixture?

Scared Nba Finals GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

Ethiopian/Habesha/Oromo under 10% is generally hard to detect, but in K5 Somalis I can tell they are from K5 and not from Somalia often, but not always.

Arab and South Asian under 8%.

I think East Asian/Mongoloid and Niger Congo/Bantu admixture is the strongest and easiest to detect physically, even at low percentages.

reer

VIP
Ethiopian/Habesha/Oromo under 10% is generally hard to detect, but in K5 Somalis I can tell they are from K5 and not from Somalia often, but not always.

I think East Asian/Mongoloid and Niger Congo/Bantu admixture is the strongest and easiest to detect physically, even at low percentages.
k5 is too diverse to paint with one brush. the interior wild west isolated geeljire qabiils are genetically the same as their cousins across the border. but the racially ambiguous qabiils and the ones oo oromo la deggan have outside mixture.

Apollo

VIP
Zidane is between 15-25% Sub-Saharan and looks much whiter then him

Zinedine-Zidane-wont-seek-Manchester-United-job-sources.jpg

I don't think you can count the ANA/Taforalt ancestry in 'white' looking Berbers as resulting in a SSA phenotype. We aren't sure how the ANAs looked like and even if the early ANAs looked SSA, then there is over 30,000 years of ANA evolution going on in the Maghreb which may have resulted in a pseudo-Caucasian direction.

Generally only Maghrebis with recent SSA from the Trans-Saharan slave trade in the last 1,000 years look really SSA (like the Berbers/Arabo-Berbers admixed with Haratins) - like people in Ouarzazate, but not the non recently mixed ones like Zidane.

I don't think you can count the ANA/Taforalt ancestry in 'white' looking Berbers as resulting in a SSA phenotype. We aren't sure how the ANAs looked like and even if the early ANAs looked SSA, then there is over 30,000 years of ANA evolution going on in the Maghreb which may have resulted in a pseudo-Caucasian direction.

Generally only Maghrebis with recent SSA from the Trans-Saharan slave trade in the last 1,000 years look really SSA (like the Berbers/Arabo-Berbers admixed with Haratins) - like people in Ouarzazate, but not the non recently mixed ones like Zidane.
My wife's father is from Erfoud (Saharan Arab) not far from Ouarzazate.Dude is brown like a Yemeni/Saudi while my mother-in-law is from an Amazigh tribe in Northern Morocco and is hella white (typical Med skin tone)

I have elevated Mota compared to Somalis from Somalia (Puntland) and I always had Oromos/Habeshas claim me as one of them.As my facial features, head shape and bone structure seems more Highlander same with my father who has more Mota ancestry then me.My mother on the hand scores no Mota and no one thinks she looks highlander

I had Ethios/Eritreans shocked that she was my mother :mjlol:

Trending

Latest posts