Does a man have a right to abort a baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think since it's a woman's body she can decide whether or not to have the abortion. There are some risks associated with having abortions so it's not necessarily a light matter to just allow another human being to make for you. With that being said, I don't think it's fair to make a man responsible for a child he did not want. I think he should be able to sign away his rights as a father and not be forced to pay child support for a child he did not want.

But the woman can keep it without the mans consent, then they turn around and use the kids as pawns and tell the man you're responsible for them.

My thoughts exactly.
For the record, I'm pro-choice for multiple reasons. I really think it's grossly irrational not to be, considering all the data. But, I also believe men should be able to opt out of fatherhood. The thing is, most men, even those paying child support or those scattering kids all over the place they don't actually take care of don't want that. What they don't want is the responsibility, not a loss of claim.

Codeine

I got me some braids and I got me some hoes
@Codeine ninka cadaanka ah gaalka Micheal came at me sideways and this is your response :cosbyhmm:

Don't insult my intelligence waskan yaho:ufdup:
LOL wallahi I thought he tagged me, I just saw his face pop up while I was typing the post above cause this is the 2nd time I'm having this abortion debate in like 2 days on here. I feel like I'm coming across like a scorched baby daddy with the my money, my choice argument. When I'm actually unironically pro child support

VixR

Veritas
My thoughts exactly.
It's an interesting theoretical discussion. But I truly think, in reality, if men wanted an opt out of a claim to fatherhood option in numbers there would been a known manifestation of that somewhere. The longstanding method for those who don't want direct responsibility has always been abandonment, or a shirking of responsibility that never involved an outright loss of claim. In fact, the claim has always been the whole foundational point implicit at the base of coveted age-old ideas like 'the sowing of wild oats' or 'the spreading of seed'. The only thing that has changed in our times is a societal/governmental accounting for the combined roles of the two parents with respect to the child, whom it would otherwise have to pay for through the taxpayer.

A financial opt-out, and it is only financial in nature bc as it stands no one forces men to be in their childrens' lives if they don't want to be, but only for both responsible parties to contribute to the child support of a living child. This opt-out simultaneously would give him an 'out' and self-relegate him, if he chooses, to the legal equivalent of a walking one-man sperm bank - without contribution or claim. I'm not sure what the societal ramifications of this would be, but some of them argue so passionately that the man has no choice where the woman does (through biology) that it 'isn't fair'. I mean, OK. I don't think there's an equivalence in the argument, and I actually doubt the feasibility of this ever gaining widespread acceptance, even among men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts