Do you know these words in Somali? I need a somali "word" for both

Condensation and Vaporization. I am interested in the physics definition of these words not the everyday language meaning they carry.

I have a project to work on and was reviewing my papers to get things in order before work. It struck me as odd that I could not come up with a Somali word equivalent to these words.

So, this appeal goes out to those who speak better Somali than I do, if any on here.

Condensation
Vapaorization

Condensation and Vaporization. I am interested in the physics definition of these words not the everyday language meaning they carry.

I have a project to work on and was reviewing my papers to get things in order before work. It struck me as odd that I could not come up with a Somali word equivalent to these words.

So, this appeal goes out to those who speak better Somali than I do, if any on here.

Condensation
Vapaorization

Vaporization= uumi
condensation =uumi hoorow

Screenshot_20191206-182046_Google PDF Viewer.jpg
Screenshot_20191206-182010_Google PDF Viewer.jpg

Thank you brother. @riyaale

UumiHoorow. What an amazing word. It is so obvious in retrospet because condensation/vapor look like uum/qaac in somali.

I am impressed with this and with your list of somali science vocabulary. If you have the book/source, copy paste the link if you can. Looks like a cool source.

Look at the word Conservation there in your list. Means "Waarid". Something can be said wuu waaray when it stays for a long period. I recall grandma saying waxaan kuugu duceeyay cimri waaro. Guess she meant "to be conserved/preserved aka longevity".

Can we invade our neighbours and force them to adopt our rich language please? @Waaqo of Punt.

:mjcry::mjcry:

Thank you brother. @riyaale

UumiHoorow. What an amazing word. It is so obvious in retrospet because condensation/vapor look like uum/qaac in somali.

I am impressed with this and with your list of somali science vocabulary. If you have the book/source, copy paste the link if you can. Looks like a cool source.

Look at the word Conservation there in your list. Means "Waarid". Something can be said wuu waaray when it stays for a long period. I recall grandma saying waxaan kuugu duceeyay cimri waaro. Guess she meant "to be conserved/preserved aka longevity".

Can we invade our neighbours and force them to adopt our rich language please? @Waaqo of Punt.

:mjcry::mjcry:

Screenshot_20191206-183700_Google PDF Viewer.jpg

Much appreciated @ZakWantsToPlay and @riyaale
This dictionary will prove to be useful for many students I reckon. Mods should start a pinned thread where we share such books serving as a repository for reference.
Threads like this one yield information useful for progress in the diaspora and back home alike and this is a welcome change:salute:

Learned from Riyaale's post what Electricity means in Somali.

Electricity = Danab.

Which reminds me of the word Danan? Has to do with sound right? Danan baa ka kacay ama ka yeeray? Wuu dananay. No idea except I am guessing what Danan means.

I need to hold Danab on Basra thick arms to melt her fat away a little.

Condensation = iskudaji atoms ka with baraf

Vapourazation = kala fuji atoms ka by heating
:lolbron:

That is what I am doing wallah and I am bored pressing buttons in between condensing gas then evaporating them using heated gas. Bored out of my wits and yawning cause it is a process that takes hours to complete. At least I can leave half way and return later.

But I am impressed. Tameable- Qumayo, can we play? innocently of course :ftw9nwa: Thanks for the jacburis comment. Had me laughing. Surprised exactly how you nailed the whole thing.

:chrisfreshhah:

Am working on cryogenic system priming a component I placed in after I took out a bad one yesterday.

Not intersting stuff for you folks I suppose with the cool 100k jobs like brother astorecalledkmart.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
I’d also like to add that , these textbooks were written in a more southern dialect and does have vague Italian loan words , I just wish siad barre would have included all accents when composing these educational materials.

We do have indeginous words for scientific concepts, mathematics, geography that pre date 1975 loooool

But I think Farmaajo will do a 2.0 in standardization again

I’d also like to add that , these textbooks were written in a more southern dialect and does have vague Italian loan words , I just wish siad barre would have included all accents when composing these educational materials.

We do have indeginous words for scientific concepts, mathematics, geography that pre date 1975 loooool

But I think Farmaajo will do a 2.0 in standardization again

I thought you were only a hustler. Good to see you like books as well.

IftiinOfLife= Nuurka Nolosha

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
I thought you were only a hustler. Good to see you like books as well.

IftiinOfLife= Nuurka Nolosha

Parents taught me academic written Somali as a kid , it was kinda fun.

I always laughed at why they called vowels short and tall, I had to program my brain to think Somali then lol.

I need to get back into reading Somali books , so thanks for inspiring me.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
That is what I am doing wallah and I am bored pressing buttons in between condensing gas then evaporating them using heated gas. Bored out of my wits and yawning cause it is a process that takes hours to complete. At least I can leave half way and return later.

But I am impressed. Tameable- Qumayo, can we play? innocently of course :ftw9nwa: Thanks for the jacburis comment. Had me laughing. Surprised exactly how you nailed the whole thing.

:chrisfreshhah:

Am working on cryogenic system priming a component I placed in after I took out a bad one yesterday.

Not intersting stuff for you folks I suppose with the cool 100k jobs like brother astorecalledkmart.

:liberaltears:I dont work coz I am still in school

Maxaad haysaa tho? :pachah1:
If it is a fun game, I am down

No need to somalize science.
Translating quantum machanics to somali by using words spoken in the miyi is an exercise in futility and counterproductice.you are marely making science more obscure.

Uumi has nothing to do condensation or evaporation.

Condensation is the process where water vapor becomes liquid. It is the reverse of evaporation.

Just use kondenseshan

Parents taught me academic written Somali as a kid , it was kinda fun.

I always laughed at why they called vowels short and tall, I had to program my brain to think Somali then lol.

I need to get back into reading Somali books , so thanks for inspiring me.

Practice with your grandma or with FOBS in the family. Don't be shy to speak in Somali. Few weeks and you will be past your embarrassments.

It is adorable to hear poor somali spoken by a xalimo like you born in the west. I think of them as a handicap in the back of my head as I listen to them sometimes lol. Can't help but feel condescending at times :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

I completed the project so I will share with you guys few shots of what I was doing these past days in between the forum and off-line at work.

Replaced this unit

upload_2019-12-6_14-52-2.png

and this piece

s-l640.jpg

Using the tools below including a laptop that is missing one key :)

upload_2019-12-6_14-55-8.png

Materials are:

Cryogenic pump
Adsorber
Helium filled Cylinder tank
My Swanky Laptop

Last edited:

Trending