Do you have oromos in your family/half oromos

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
Real talk, are Sheikhaals even ethnically Somali? I know they speak the language, but they claim so many different things at this point o_O
Sheekhaal is a confederation and not a real clan. I think about 1/3rd of them are cad cad or some shit.

KULTA

f*ck you im from Mudug
My ayeeyos mother was sheikhaal

Without sheikhaal i wouldnt exist

The enemy of sheikhaal is my enemy

what did he base his claim on?
Simply he's sheikhaal who's Somali sheikhaal ancestors moved into the oromo community and intermarried with the locals.

Speaking the language and adopting the culture seem to be the only requirements for acceptance as oromo.

Real talk, are Sheikhaals even ethnically Somali? I know they speak the language, but they claim so many different things at this point o_O
I read somewhere the sheikhaal were wandering religious Somali men from different clans and backgrounds who spread Islam and integrated very well with the communities they went to. Some seen opportunities to be adopted into different tribes for better acceptance and advantages.

They were the ones who spread Islam to the Oromos. But I know what you mean, they're origins are all over he place and aren't clear.

But I've realised many tribes/ clans in the horn aren't even about shared ancestry but more to do with unity and protection. Smaller clans joining up bigger clans , families from an ethnic group joining another ethnic group etc.

Apollo

VIP
Sheekhaal is a confederation and not a real clan. I think about 1/3rd of them are cad cad or some shit.

The ones with South Asian haplogroups are still 98% Cushitic autosomally. They aren't autosomally non-Somali like real ''Cad cads'' (Benadiris).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending