Do you have oromos in your family/half oromos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
We call my Christian half sister Oromo because she looks Ethiopian and is a gaal.

This is very interesting, I would like to know background info. Has ur sister converted? it's good to hear u still keep contact :)

This is very interesting, I would like to know background info. Has ur sister converted? it's good to hear u still keep contact :)

I speak to her once a month. She converted decades ago and my dad supported her decision despite being really angry and then sad in the beginning.

Your dad supported her decision:faysalwtf:

Either that or lose his eldest child. He had no choice. She is still his favourite and always has been. She's married to another Somali Christian. Her kids call me hooyo and they're well behaved and respectful towards Islam.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I speak to her once a month. She converted decades ago and my dad supported her decision despite being really angry and then sad in the beginning.

Wow, may god bless ur dad for being really patient and understanding. Sometimes things don't go the way we want but in the end, family is very important. :)

BANTU

+op MVLI
I have cousins with an Oromo grandmother, so 1/4 Oromo.

They don't really say the grandmother is Oromo, they talk in codes "no one knows where she came from (i.e. no clan)." These are reer miyi so they describe things weirdly.

Their grandfather was a Sheikh that went to Harar to study Islam and came back with a wife.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Either that or lose his eldest child. He had no choice. She is still his favourite and always has been. She's married to another Somali Christian. Her kids call me hooyo and they're well behaved and respectful towards Islam.

Another Somali Christian? How did she find him. :dwill:

Talk about beating bad odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.