Do you guys believe in Sixir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axmed Xaji

Your non-biological father
Sixir is when people work with jinn (or think they are) to harm other people. Traditionally they read a spell into some sort of potion and the person has to consume that potion to become possessed. The potion that contains the sixir is actually toxic (I mean chemically toxic) and will induce a physiological response from the poisoned person's body.

If the poisoned person has never heard of sixir and wasn't afraid of being sixired, he'll just see a doctor and clean out his body of the toxins. But if you actually believe it (or you think you owe someone something), your brain will translate your body's physiological reaction to mean that someone else is doing stuff to you. For example, if the toxins cause you severe stomach ache, and you were already susceptible to the idea of sixir, your brain will translate that to mean someone is kicking you in the stomach. Typically there is a storyline when someone wants to cast demons or jinn to attack you; i.e. you didn't marry them or you owe them money or something else.

There is a medical explanation for what happens. It's called the nocebo effect: things that you think can hurt you will hurt you. The brain will heighten minor physiological responses to conform with your fears. There's also the placebo effect, which is in effect the opposite: things that you think will help will help you. In the case of the placebo effect your brain heightens benign physiological responses to fit with your fantasy.

The best way to deal with Sixir is to think logically about reality. For example, Jinn, according to the Quran, are made of fire. You should understand that in physics, there is no type of fire that is not visible and extremely hot. In fact, "fire" is characterized by that reddish-orange flame and extreme heat. For something "made of fire" to be invisible, it can't be made of fire. There is no other type of fire, period. Also, understand that fire is visible when fuel (i.e. wood or gas) molecules heat up, break their chemical bonds and make new products, releasing energy in the form of light.

One last thing. Since jinn are apparently "made" of fire, and fire is when fuels heat up and combine with oxygen, wouldn't dumps burn all the time, since that's where jinn apparently live? If there are jinns in someone who is possessed, wouldn't the fire they're "made of" go out?

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Sixir is when people work with jinn (or think they are) to harm other people. Traditionally they read a spell into some sort of potion and the person has to consume that potion to become possessed. The potion that contains the sixir is actually toxic (I mean chemically toxic) and will induce a physiological response from the poisoned person's body.

If the poisoned person has never heard of sixir and wasn't afraid of being sixired, he'll just see a doctor and clean out his body of the toxins. But if you actually believe it (or you think you owe someone something), your brain will translate your body's physiological reaction to mean that someone else is doing stuff to you. For example, if the toxins cause you severe stomach ache, and you were already susceptible to the idea of sixir, your brain will translate that to mean someone is kicking you in the stomach. Typically there is a storyline when someone wants to cast demons or jinn to attack you; i.e. you didn't marry them or you owe them money or something else.

There is a medical explanation for what happens. It's called the nocebo effect: things that you think can hurt you will hurt you. The brain will heighten minor physiological responses to conform with your fears. There's also the placebo effect, which is in effect the opposite: things that you think will help will help you. In the case of the placebo effect your brain heightens benign physiological responses to fit with your fantasy.

The best way to deal with Sixir is to think logically about reality. For example, Jinn, according to the Quran, are made of fire. You should understand that in physics, there is no type of fire that is not visible and extremely hot. In fact, "fire" is characterized by that reddish-orange flame and extreme heat. For something "made of fire" to be invisible, it can't be made of fire. There is no other type of fire, period. Also, understand that fire is visible when fuel (i.e. wood or gas) molecules heat up, break their chemical bonds and make new products, releasing energy in the form of light.

One last thing. Since jinn are apparently "made" of fire, and fire is when fuels heat up and combine with oxygen, wouldn't dumps burn all the time, since that's where jinn apparently live? If there are jinns in someone who is possessed, wouldn't the fire they're "made of" go out?

I find this highly interesting, are you a Muslim yourself? It seems that you've essentially disproven, academically that is, any idea that these things can be taken to be literally true.

Allah created Adam from clay that doesn't mean we are from clay same thing goes with jiin also nacebo effect can't work if you don't believe you're sixiired yet there are many people that think they are normal and go crazy when they hear all ruqia Al sharciaa

Axmed Xaji

I find this highly interesting, are you a Muslim yourself? It seems that you've essentially disproven, academically that is, any idea that these things can be taken to be literally true.
Am I a Muslim myself? Well, I am grounded in reality and I don't believe things without evidence, so, no I guess.

Axmed Xaji

Allah created Adam from clay that doesn't mean we are from clay same thing goes with jiin also nacebo effect can't work if you don't believe you're sixiired yet there are many people that think they are normal and go crazy when they hear all ruqia Al sharciaa
First of all, of course we're made clay according to the Quran. Does it say we're made of atoms and molecules? Second, how does the same go for Jinn? It says clearly Jinn are made of fire and angels are made of light, respectively. The person that makes a distinction between fire and light obviously doesn't know that fire IS light with frequency range of red to orange (~700nm-600nm if you want to be technical).

Axmed Xaji

You think it would work if people who are "possessed" were simply to drink lots of fluid and get some rest, and sent to therapy instead of bearded people with bad breath reciting nonsense to them? I think that would help society move forward.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
You think it would work if people who are "possessed" were simply to drink lots of fluid and get some rest, and sent to therapy instead of bearded people with bad breath reciting nonsense to them? I think that would help society move forward.

I absolutely agree, but I feel the only way to do this is via education. Even this is under threat at the moment where bearded men are essentially deciding what is scientifically accurate, according to the Quran, and what isn't. Simply put, what conforms with it. Even if they teach it, they'll give them a biased outlook on these things.

First of all, of course we're made clay according to the Quran. Does it say we're made of atoms and molecules? Second, how does the same go for Jinn? It says clearly Jinn are made of fire and angels are made of light, respectively. The person that makes a distinction between fire and light obviously doesn't know that fire IS light with frequency range of red to orange (~700nm-600nm if you want to be technical).
If you read the Quran you would've known that the verse before it says He created man from clay like [that of] pottery.

Axmed Xaji

If you read the Quran you would've known that the verse before it says He created man from clay like [that of] pottery.
I did read the verse before. Makes no difference. Hey I have a funny question. If you're in North America, which way do you face when you pray? Because the Qibla is in TWO directions since the earth is not flat. Isn't that blasphemous? And how do you decide which direction to face? Also, aren't you staring into empty space since the earth is round? Can't you see that the person who wrote the Quran never envisioned this reality and thought the earth was flat?

I did read the verse before. Makes no difference. Hey I have a funny question. If you're in North America, which way do you face when you pray? Because the Qibla is in TWO directions since the earth is not flat. Isn't that blasphemous? And how do you decide which direction to face? Also, aren't you staring into empty space since the earth is round? Can't you see that the person who wrote the Quran never envisioned this reality and thought the earth was flat?
You always face the Qibla to the nearest direction it's to you so we face East west and I don't understand your second question

Axmed Xaji

You always face the Qibla to the nearest direction it's to you so we face East west and I don't understand your second question
Do you think they meant "face the Qibla in the nearest direction"? Isn't that an absurd thing to say? If you are looking at a house in front of you, wouldn't be insane to tell someone, "face this house in the nearest direction"? This is not what they meant. He (whoever wrote the Quran) believed the earth was flat and that you can just turn toward it.

My second question: imagine the earth is an orange and you are standing on the top of the orange, and that the Ka'aba is on the side of the orange. The side of the orange is curved away from you. You can't "look at it" or face it. If you stood on top of the orange and look straight forward, (not at the orange), you would stare into space. The only way you can face the Ka'ba in this hypothetical is if you drill a hole from the side of the orange and out the top, and you look through this hole.

My point is the earth is round. The Ka'ba is not a level plane with you. You can't look at it. On a different note, how do you think "scholars" will react if you tell them there are two directions to face?

Axmed Xaji

Quran 18:66: some dude walks to the "setting place of the sun" and finds a bunch of people burnt by the sun. We know the sun doesn't set on earth but obviously Mohamed thought it did. That's why he put it in the quran.

Also, the quran claims that the sky is being held up by pillars we can't see. You know the blue sky is just gas particles diffracting light, right? You do know the earth isn't flat and that the sky isn't being "held up" and that it can't fall down? Why then do you defend this bullshit?

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
This also creates a problem with fasting. On a flat earth, the sun rises and sets so one would not imagine any problem where some people are prolonged with a never ending 'day'. What I mean is that in the northern regions of Scandinavia, Muslims are faced with an anomaly where the sun never sets for them during the summer and the sun never rises during winter. How do they pray and how they fast? The sunnah and Quran doesn't mention these problems because the world to them was a flat one where such problems would not occur.

Do you think they meant "face the Qibla in the nearest direction"? Isn't that an absurd thing to say? If you are looking at a house in front of you, wouldn't be insane to tell someone, "face this house in the nearest direction"? This is not what they meant. He (whoever wrote the Quran) believed the earth was flat and that you can just turn toward it.

My second question: imagine the earth is an orange and you are standing on the top of the orange, and that the Ka'aba is on the side of the orange. The side of the orange is curved away from you. You can't "look at it" or face it. If you stood on top of the orange and look straight forward, (not at the orange), you would stare into space. The only way you can face the Ka'ba in this hypothetical is if you drill a hole from the side of the orange and out the top, and you look through this hole.

My point is the earth is round. The Ka'ba is not a level plane with you. You can't look at it. On a different note, how do you think "scholars" will react if you tell them there are two directions to face?
Firstly if you you want to go to Japan from the US would you cross the Pacific or the Atlantic and the Indian ocean of course you would choose the first option also the Quran says that the earth is oval in shape so I don't know why are you saying flat Earth stuff
When you're facing the kabah you are facing it's direction not the kabah it self the Quran says face the direction of the kabaa From whencesoever Thou startest forth, turn Thy face in the direction of the sacred Mosque; that is indeed the truth from the Lord. And Allah is not unmindful of what ye do.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Firstly if you you want to go to Japan from the US would you cross the Pacific or the Atlantic and the Indian ocean of course you would choose the first option also the Quran says that the earth is oval in shape so I don't know why are you saying flat Earth stuff
When you're facing the kabah you are facing it's direction not the kabah it self the Quran says face the direction of the kabaa From whencesoever Thou startest forth, turn Thy face in the direction of the sacred Mosque; that is indeed the truth from the Lord. And Allah is not unmindful of what ye do.

The problem is you're not facing the direction of the Kaaba though. North America is located on the "other side of the earth" of the earth and thus no matter where you turn, it's not in the direction of the Kaaba. Plus, even if you were to ignore that, the direction would still be towards deep space and not the Kaaba. The only way this works is if the author of the Koran viewed the works from a flat earth perspective. Directions don't curve, we thanks to gravity. Plus, same problem occurs with fasting and praying in places where the sun never sets. The Quran completely ignored them. The reason is clearly because the author thought the world to be flat.

Also, the Quran doesn't claim the earth is oval. That's an absolute lie.

Quran 18:66: some dude walks to the "setting place of the sun" and finds a bunch of people burnt by the sun. We know the sun doesn't set on earth but obviously Mohamed thought it did. That's why he put it in the quran.

Also, the quran claims that the sky is being held up by pillars we can't see. You know the blue sky is just gas particles diffracting light, right? You do know the earth isn't flat and that the sky isn't being "held up" and that it can't fall down? Why then do you defend this bullshit?
Here comes the problem of the translation of the Quran into English you see in Arabic a place that was far west is called the settings place of the sun that'swhy the Maghreb is called Maghreb which means the setting place of the sun and the pillars are the atmosphere they are essentially the pillars that protect us from the outer space radiations

Axmed Xaji

Japan is in two different directions. It would be impossible to "face" the direction of Japan since it is on the other side of this ball we call earth. Why do you keep deflecting and jumping to other things? How do you explain the verses that talk about the setting place of the earth and gog and magog? You are intellectually dishonest and will do anything to stick with your ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts