Do you ever reminisce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the thought of losing your faith scare you? Would you be willing to admit that if it were true?

What incident in your life made you despair of Ar Rahman's mercy... that you had to leave this beautiful deen..or were you never a believer to begin with?..if you've never believed..I get it..totally...you've never tasted the sweetness of imaan...
:lawd:

What incident in your life made you despair of Ar Rahman's mercy... that you had to leave this beautiful deen..or were you never a believer to begin with?..if you've never believed..I get it..totally...you've never tasted the sweetness of imaan...
:lawd:
I'm very glad you asked this question. Please listen very closely. You see from the ages of 13 to about 16 I was a Muslim. Similar to you I fasted, prayed, avoided dembi and all that. I imagine unlike you though, even as a Muslim, I had a belief (that I still have today) that every fact you believe should be justified.

So that is exactly what I sought to do. Muhammad talked to an angel in a cave. How do I know this? Because it's in the Quran and it's from Allah. How do I know this?

Hmm.....

Linguistic miracles? Nonsense.

Scientific miracles? Extremely exaggerated and unsubstantiated.

Here was another one endorsed by the Quran itself: "If the Quran isn't from Allah try to replicate a surah like it"

It's pretty much similar to the other argument that the Quran is from Allah because of its poetic beauty. This is totally subjective. Who exactly is the judge about whether a person created a verse like it or not?

I'm not a Muslim anymore for one simple reason. There is no evidence for Islam. It's no different to any of the countless religions that people have invented throughout history. You believe out of faith. I don't do that. I need evidence.

Is it a coincidence that you happened to be born into the one true religion?

I'm very glad you asked this question. Please listen very closely. You see from the ages of 13 to about 16 I was a Muslim. Similar to you I fasted, prayed, avoided dembi and all that. I imagine unlike you though, even as a Muslim, I had a belief (that I still have today) that every fact you believe should be justified.

So that is exactly what I sought to do. Muhammad talked to an angel in a cave. How do I know this? Because it's in the Quran and it's from Allah. How do I know this?

Hmm.....

Linguistic miracles? Nonsense.

Scientific miracles? Extremely exaggerated and unsubstantiated.

Here was another one endorsed by the Quran itself: "If the Quran isn't from Allah try to replicate a surah like it"

It's pretty much similar to the other argument that the Quran is from Allah because of its poetic beauty. This is totally subjective. Who exactly is the judge about whether a person created a verse like it or not?

I'm not a Muslim anymore for one simple reason. There is no evidence for Islam. It's no different to any of the countless religions that people have invented throughout history. You believe out of faith. I don't do that. I need evidence.

Is it a coincidence that you happened to be born into the one true religion?

:icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol:

I shouldn't laugh..I'm sorry..

:icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol::icon lol:

I shouldn't laugh..I'm sorry..
Tell me what's funnier?

1. Justifying everything you believe

2. Hiding your fear of losing imaan through fake laughter

Earlier you mentioned I was looking for someone weak to influence. You were right, and you fit that description.

Tell me what's funnier?

1. Justifying everything you believe

2. Hiding your fear of losing imaan through fake laughter

Earlier you mentioned I was looking for someone weak to influence. You were right, and you fit that description.

I still have a really bad migraine..it must be your fault...or maybe the lack of intake of water...

It makes you feel for the poor doesn't it? Would you say that fasting made you feel more empathetic?

Allah SWT created jin and mankind to worship Him (alone)..and fasting is one of the pillars of Islam..so in short..I fast to please my Lord..I want to seek the reward of this blessed month as your good deeds are multiplied in ramadan.....and besides I choose not to follow my empty desires but rather serve my Lord insh Allah...also when you deprive yourself of certain things..you have a greater appreciation for them Alhmdulida

Allah SWT created jin and mankind to worship Him (alone)..and fasting is one of the pillars of Islam..so in short..I fast to please my Lord..I want to seek the reward of this blessed month as your good deeds are multiplied in ramadan.....and besides I choose not to follow my empty desires but rather serve my Lord insh Allah...also when you deprive yourself of certain things..you have a greater appreciation for them Alhmdulida
I see. If Allah himself wants you to be fasting and grants a reward onto those who do, I agree with you that it is a good idea to be fasting.

If only we had a way to know what Allah wants... Do you have any ideas?

I see. If Allah himself wants you to be fasting and grants a reward onto those who do, I agree with you that it is a good idea to be fasting.

If only we had a way to know what Allah wants... Do you have any ideas?

So Sheri finally turns herself in..well at least it looks that way..I mean...poor jeff died because of her...

@Somaliweyne Unionist ...I respond to him sometimes..
Some say you have an obligation to do dawah. I'm being nice by providing you with an opportunity. What sort of Muslim turns away a potential convert like that. I asked about how you knew what Allah wants.

Is that too much to ask? I'll be fair to you. It's fine to be unsure about your faith. I wouldn't want to take the joy of fasting away from you. You can still fast if you wanted to I suppose. For secular reasons like feeling empathy for the poor if that's something you get out of fasting. As a matter of fact I think increasing your empathy that way is somewhat noble.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
I keep reminiscing about this cake I had in berlin a month ago

I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.