Do you consider Somalis to be Afro Arab or just African?

Coz we have been arabized due to islam spreading into somalia and with it the arabic culture. Go to any majority muslim country anywhere in the world and you shall find those people share some cultures with arabs. Does that mean,they are not african or asian? Nope

Majority muslim countries your speaking of dont share any cultural similarities with the arabs, Indonesians, Malaysians, or even Pakistani, afghan, Iranian culture is very different to arab culture. Different clothing, food, etc.

However somalis eat what the arabs eats, dress like arabs, and other cultural similarities.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
•Do we Speak Arabic? No we speak Af Somaali
•Are we ethnically Arab? No we’re ethnically Somali a homogeneous ethnic group.
•Is our culture Arabic? No we have our own distinct Dhaqan(culture).

We should embrace what we are :mjdontkno:

Royalflush

novacane
speak for yourself. us daroods are banu hashims who adopted a new culture.

watch 10 more ethnicity threads of this same bs in the next 10 days:lolbron:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
It's actually excruciating and depressing to find threads similar to this and no significant topics, all repetitively engaged in useless debates wether Somalis are African or Arab.
I can trace my lineage 1000 years back , Samaale existed 6000 years , those who claim to have the Arab lineage are probably
soo galooti oo tiradooda soo badatay (immigrants)

A true Somali would never claim to be qashin like Afro Arab or hail from dhegacas

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
The Swahili coast, Sudan and The Habeshas are considered to be Afro-Arabs. But there’s always a debate about somalis being Afro Arab or just Africans.

what’s your view on this? Are we Afro Arabs or just Africans
tenor.gif

These kids and their repetitive low effort threads:ohlord:

Afro Arab is offensive to Somalis.

It basically means Zanji slave offspring + Arabs. A mixed race group created through slavery and other subjugation.

Somalis were never enslaved, the only L we took was Colonialism and present-day.

I'd argue Somalis are on their way to becoming Arab and Turkish subjects now.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Lmao I remember one guy on twitter saying Landers should adopt Arabic as their primary language to differentiate themselves from the negroes down south .
f*ck that disgusting tranny.

I am brothers with the south and identify as Somali but that thing is basically making me cringe rn.

Trending