Do you consider Somalis to be Afro Arab or just African?

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Africans we are their neighborurs and we trade with them as such we have taken some aspects of their culture but at the end of the day we are somalis we are our own thing.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
I think Somalis and Arabic people have a common ancestor in the distance past. The Middle East is technically in Asia and Cushites belong in the Afro-Asiatic group. The racial slur for Arabs is sand n*****. But I don’t think that Somalis are Arab, but most people think of Bantus as the pure example of Africans.

The Swahili coast, Sudan and The Habeshas are considered to be Afro-Arabs. But there’s always a debate about somalis being Afro Arab or just Africans.

what’s your view on this? Are we Afro Arabs or just Africans

Well we dont speak arabic but theres no denying our culture is way closer to arabs than Africans, things like uunsi, food, clothes, etc.

Also due to the close proximity to the arabian peninsula people have been travelling back and forth between both sides and intermixing.

We're definitely afro arabs, in appearance and culture! All those BLM people are in denial.

One proof we're afro arabs just look at Yemeni food and compare it to somali food.

We are 100% African. f*ck being an Arab and any somali who claims to be arab shall be hang

So whys the culture so similar? Go to an arab household and a somali one! I can assure you that you have more in common culturally to arabs than a nigerian, and am not talking about religion.

Apollo

VIP
So whys the culture so similar? Go to an arab household and a somali one! I can assure you that you have more in common culturally to arabs than a nigerian, and am not talking about religion.

There are groups in North Nigeria with Arabized culture (Hausas, Kanuris, and Fulanis).

Well we dont speak arabic but theres no denying our culture is way closer to arabs than Africans, things like uunsi, food, clothes, etc.

Also due to the close proximity to the arabian peninsula people have been travelling back and forth between both sides and intermixing.

We're definitely afro arabs, in appearance and culture! All those BLM people are in denial.

One proof we're afro arabs just look at Yemeni food and compare it to somali food.

Angolans have a lot of Portuguese culture. It doesn't make them Iberian/Portuguese. :lol:

Somali Hannibal

I stay solo cruising
Coz we have been arabized due to islam spreading into somalia and with it the arabic culture. Go to any majority muslim country anywhere in the world and you shall find those people share some cultures with arabs. Does that mean,they are not african or asian? Nope

giphy.gif

Alluring

Sayonara
But fr we aren't Arabs. That sounds so demeaning as if we were colonized by them. We don't speak the same language, eat the same food, or even have remotely the same culture. We don't look alike either so I don't get the need to identify as something we're not.

f*ck that identity issues shit, I got nothing in common with MENA people and other Africans. There is no brotherhood among us and Arabs or other Africans, I'm Somali and only Somali. We are our own race.

Trending

Latest posts