Do you consider Somalis to be Afro Arab or just African?

The Swahili coast, Sudan and The Habeshas are considered to be Afro-Arabs. But there’s always a debate about somalis being Afro Arab or just Africans.

what’s your view on this? Are we Afro Arabs or just Africans

Most Afro Arabs have no genetic relations to Arabs and are just Arabized. I really don’t feel like Somalis are Arabized since we speak or own language and distinct culture. personally I would answer no, but you can identify with whatever you want.

Africans. We are not afro-arabs. We are cushitic with some arab daddy lineages. If arab mixes with us, they become somali-arabs. We don't become arabs.

Every pro SL have this vibe of trying to distance themselves as much as possible from Southerners. Like this dude.

British kulaha
Lmao I remember one guy on twitter saying Landers should adopt Arabic as their primary language to differentiate themselves from the negroes down south .

Lmao I remember one guy on twitter saying Landers should adopt Arabic as their primary language to differentiate themselves from the negroes down south .
Wouldn’t they just get rid of their mother tongue and cultures to get validation from another ethnic group? That’s self hate man

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
African because it's a geographical demonym and Somalia is located in Africa. I do not consider us Arabs at all, but we are culturally adjacent.

I do not think there is anyway to justify Somalis not being African without being geographically illiterate, potentially deficient and/or uninformed.

OffTheDome

Proud American
I identify as Banu Hashim... that’s it
1600453010349.png

Apollo

VIP
African is not a race.

Africa has various races. Not just Negroids.

And Somalis are not Afro-Arabs.

The Swahili coast, Sudan and The Habeshas are considered to be Afro-Arabs. But there’s always a debate about somalis being Afro Arab or just Africans.

what’s your view on this? Are we Afro Arabs or just Africans

Orthodox Christian Habeshas (most of them) do not identify with Arabs whatsoever. They have their own culture and identity. Afro-Arab = Islamic.