Do you blame somali parents for raising their kids in the ghetto?

Somalis are okay with living in the hood, with all of its problems, and then cry when their kid gets caught up in some shit. There are so many places in the suburbs that Somalis could move to but they don’t want to.

Your environment matters a lot and if you grew up in the hood, it influences you heavily.

Most Somalis have money but they buy and build houses in Somalia and pay $200 rent in housing. The prioriites are messed up. We’ve been here 30 years, we aren’t refugees. There should be no excuse.

Gambar

VIP
I wasn’t expecting that from you lmao. Abaayo esp in Toronto Somalis can afford to move even to places like Mississauga, Brampton and Vaughn but they don’t want to. They’d rather live 5 minutes from ceel gaab and KBW.
For the newer refugees they can’t, but Somalis that have been here since before the war they just got used to the ghetto and liked it.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Our parents used to be a teacher or an engineer back in Somalia but lost it all and now have to work dead end jobs and are living off paycheck to paycheck yet you expect them to buy a house in the suburbs they can barely afford community housing as it is.

You guys are ciyaal's truth is there are a number of reasons why they can't move out but we shouldn't be scolding our parents because they are trying. Try working a job that barely pays above minimum wage and provide for your 5+ children while also paying rent for an expensive house. The fact that they provide food shelter clothing and education is good enough I HAVE NEVER seen a somali parent let their kid starve infactthe kids should be blamed for making dumb decisions not our parents. Bunch of negative fuckers in this thread im sick of it

Gambar

VIP
Our parents used to be a teacher or an engineer back in Somalia but lost it all and now have to work dead end jobs and are living off paycheck to paycheck yet you expect them to buy a house in the suburbs they can barely afford community housing as it is.

You guys are ciyaal's truth is there are a number of reasons why they can't move out but we shouldn't be scolding our parents because they are trying. Try working a job that barely pays above minimum wage and provide for your 5+ children while also paying rent for an expensive house. The fact that they provide food shelter clothing and education is good enough I HAVE NEVER seen a somali parent let their kid starve infactthe kids should be blamed for making dumb decisions not our parents. Bunch of negative fuckers in this thread im sick of it
They’re in multiple hagbad trust me they can put a down payment on a house and their grown ass kids can pitch in too.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
If this is their example they are tru lost
1590797023680.png
1590797023680.png

Exactly they have to start all over in a new country which they dont know the language with hella kids they have to provide for and its their fault :ayaanswag:. Who the f*ck wants to live in the ghetto its not a choice they make.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
They’re in multiple hagbad trust me they can put a down payment on a house and their grown ass kids can pitch in too.
That's besides the point all the diasporas Somalis live in aren't that bad it's over exaggerated if they become gangster then it was meant to be regardless of where they grow up ik couple somalis that grew up in suburbs but end up becoming ciyaalsuuq

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
They take pride in living government money. They not using as a safety net and commiting fraud continuing to live in poverty but buying a homes is or taking a loan for education is haram. So backward

And as @Desert Flower said sending all there money back home. There was an old Somali guy in my community who built real estate or a company or something and never got to see all the years of hard work

Last edited:
That's besides the point all the diasporas Somalis live in aren't that bad it's over exaggerated if they become gangster then it was meant to be regardless of where they grow up ik couple somalis that grew up in suburbs but end up becoming ciyaalsuuq

Of course but the chances of that happening are way lower in the burbs than in the hood; let’s be honest.

It’s sad to see a lack of drive in Somali parents.

They come to the west and so many of them are content living in poverty and at the bottom rather then actually trying to make something

They take pride in living government money. They not using as a safety net and commiting fraud continuing to live in poverty but buying a homes is or taking a loan for education is haram. So backward

And as @Desert Flower said sending all there money back home. There was an old Somali guy in my community who built real estate or a company or something and never got to see all the years of hard work
Fraud is better than taking out a mortgage. Student loans are halal though. Non-issues.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
It’s sad to see a lack of drive in Somali parents.

They come to the west and so many of them are content living in poverty and at the bottom rather then actually trying to make something
30 years is more than enough time to save up to buy a home, especially in the 90s and early 00s where homes in Sauga, brampton, milton, Hamilton were dirt cheap. I wish I had that opportunity, now your lucky to find a 600,000 home in Newmarket :meleshame:

Its not that difficult to leave the ghetto, you can find cheap rent in the suburbs. But they'd rather live in that somali buuq where they can visit each others houses or meet at the cafe.

Of course they tell themselves its for islam, but their kids are running amok in the neighbourhood.

Trending

Latest posts