Do you ask the person's qabiil when you are getting to know someone romantically?

There's no shame in talking about qabiil or getting to know one another's qabiil. But it's truly shameful if you judge someone based on their qabiil or stereotype them based on their qabiil.
I always ask them about who they're and what their background is. There's no shame in it. I'm not asking her to judge her, but that'll be the first thing everyone is going to ask me. "Who is she?, Which qabiil is she" 😂

There's no shame in talking about qabiil or getting to know one another's qabiil. But it's truly shameful if you judge someone based on their qabiil or stereotype them based on their qabiil.
I always ask them about who they're and what their background is. There's no shame in it. I'm not asking her to judge her, but that'll be the first thing everyone is going to ask me. "Who is she?, Which qabiil is she" 😂

It's an overreaction to the disease of qabyaalad as well as trauma from the civil war. I've come across Somalis who want to entirely do away with qabil. Very unrealistic not to mention qabil isn't even the issue, it's prejudice that can show up in any form. If we did away with qabil tomorrow and started going by regions soon enough people will start fighting over regions and it will be a cause of division and tension. If we don't identify and treat the disease it will continue to show up in different forms.

Trending