Do You All Believe In Theistic Evolution?

Do You Believe In Theistic Evolution?

• Total voters
This is where I'm at. I'm at the point where Science and Religion can both play a part in our story. Science explains the mechanics on how we got here.

Theistic Evolution

Theistic evolution (also known as theistic evolutionism or God-guided evolution) is a theological view that God creates through laws of nature. Its religious teachings are fully compatible with the findings of modern science, including biological evolution

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
I think it's a hard pass for muslims. We believe in that God say be at it be right there.
The inner works of gods powers are unkown to our human brains. No need to dwell on a subject where the only place to potentially find an answer is heaven.

I think it's a hard pass for muslims. We believe in that God say be at it be right there.
The inner works of gods powers are unkown to our human brains. No need to dwell on a subject where the only place to potentially find an answer is heaven.
What's the point of history, science, and the pursuit of knowledge if that's our attitude towards theory's and subjects we haven't discovered.

Theistic Evolution

Theistic evolution (also known as theistic evolutionism or God-guided evolution) is a theological view that God creates through laws of nature. Its religious teachings are fully compatible with the findings of modern science, including biological evolution
It is quite plausible doesn't matter that much to me, but I like how saint Thomas Aquinas described it ''Nature is not like a wood molded into a ship; but a wood that molds itself into a ship''. I like to thing it that way. The word evolution is quite loaded I try to avoid it since it can be used to justify a plethora of horrors.

The father of evolution theory Darwin believed in teleology and many intellectuals believe his evolution theory freed ''theist'' from merely perceiving god as a watchmaker creating mechanic like creations.
Darwin_Naill_On_The_Head.png

Evolution is real and it is a fact. There is archaeological evidence over time that proves it. Even hominids evolved going from looking more like monkeys to Neanderthals and Denisovans. As for humans, Homo Sapiens we didn't evolve, when Allah created us he perfected us. There was no line of evolution he created Adam and sent him to Earth. I don't come from monkeys.
Remember, O Prophet˺ when your Lord said to the angels, “I am going to create a human being from clay. So when I have fashioned him and had a spirit of My Own ˹creation˺ breathed into him, fall down in prostration to him. (38:71-72)

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
What's the point of history, science, and the pursuit of knowledge if that's our attitude towards theory's and subjects we haven't discovered.
You can still learn stuff just don't cross the line.

What has history to do with creation. They already created.
Secondly have some shame towards your lord.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Evolution is propaganda. Even from the purely scientific viewpoint, it is nonsense.

Even non-religious scientists have found holes in it.

Lol...its one thing to have opinions but to outright deny objective facts backed by data is just insane...how do you function day to day?

lol I get along just fine without believing in evolution... as do a long list of scientists, including non-religious ones.
So what biological phenomenon occurred that you believe for their to be diversity of life? We know God made diversity but if humans were to do research, do you think they didn't come across any correct theories as to how life became diverse? Just asking

So what biological phenomenon occurred that you believe for their to be diversity of life?

What biological phenomena occurred for there to be diversity of species? I don't think it's some biological phenomena, I think God just made a bunch of different species.

So what biological phenomenon occurred that you believe for their to be diversity of life? We know God made diversity but if humans were to do research, do you think they didn't come across any correct theories as to how life became diverse? Just asking

God made a bunch of different species. I don't see any big mystery or need to overcomplicate it.

And if people do research, they'll find that scientists have lied and changed their theories when it comes to all sorts of subjects.

Anyways, it isn't like how some people might imagine- that there's this big mountain of proof for Darwinism and that people like me are asking people to ignore proof in favor of religious doctrine. There is no solid proof of Darwinian evolution.

I recommend David Berlinski.

2A031578-F6F9-4BE0-9863-C505F75D0447.png

I linked a video of him earlier in the thread. He talks a lot about evolution in his book (the one above). He argued against it from purely secular grounds. You don't have to be a religious person to find holes in it. There's all kinds of arguments you can make against it from a purely secular viewpoint.

Trending

Latest posts