Do we need a feminist movement in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muji

VIP
Not really, Somali culture is quite fair to their females and we should be grateful to be a Muslim nation that does not degrade or abuse it’s females through systemic oppression, just look at the Arabs and Asians for example. Somali women are driven and independent beings who do not tolerate abusive behaviour and know how to make their rights known, alhamdulillah :)

We shouldn’t compare Somalia to other countries which continuously violate human rights laws and treat women like dirt. I could argue that Palestinians are treated badly in Israel without negating that statement and offering other countries which treat minorities worse.

Not really, Somali culture is quite fair to their females and we should be grateful to be a Muslim nation that does not degrade or abuse it’s females through systemic oppression, just look at the Arabs and Asians for example. Somali women are driven and independent beings who do not tolerate abusive behaviour and know how to make their rights known, alhamdulillah :)

Yeah, that's why we have honor killings, circumcision of women society wide and the one of the highest maternal mortality rates, not to mention a sexist court system where old men in Xeer can overturn the will of the wronged woman, not even to mention violence against women both in war and outside of it, which is still socially acceptable, when she becomes "difficult".

Slightly less evil is still evil. Feminisme is certainly needed.

Yeah, that's why we have honor killings, circumcision of women society wide and the one of the highest maternal mortality rates, not to mention a sexist court system where old men in Xeer can overturn the will of the wronged woman, not even to mention violence against women both in war and outside of it, which is still socially acceptable, when she becomes "difficult".

Slightly less evil is still evil. Feminisme is certainly needed.
Honor killings in Somalia? I thought HK was the one curse we didn't have.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
What Somalia needs is a National revolution everything needs changing, cultural, political, social and economical.
The Somali Restoration:fittytousand:

Feminism was kickstarted by Mary Wollstonecraft, and look what happened there. Her daughter Mary ran off with an atheist and her husband was an anarchist. Somali dhoocilo are difficult enough as it is. We don't need those harridans marrying the likes of @ArchBishopofAtheism and joining Marxist outfits like Antifa.

My ex-wife was a rad fem. left me on her birthday after I made her a really tasty quraac - scrambled eggs and sausage with a helping of prune tommatoes and salad. She found a younger man without an odor problem. That's what female empowerment does to people these days.

To be fair to Mary Wollstonecraft, her she-offspring did go on to write Frankenstein and her gaal husband Shelley was only the greatest poet ever. So who knows, we might get some good literature out of this stuff.

Feminists in Sweden are genociding the native Nordic population.

lmfao, 10/10

200.gif

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I would prefer a pan-Somali movement. One that stays permanent this time. :rejoice:

As for feminism, sure, a little bit wouldn't hurt. Especially when it comes to women getting raped or sexually assaulted. Often times the victims don't get the justice they deserve, and that needs to change. Also domestic abuse and similar issues needs to be pulled into the lime light.

Either way, the western brand of feminism isn't all it's cracked up to be, so Somalia should have its own version that works best with the culture.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I would prefer a pan-Somali movement. One that stays permanent this time. :rejoice:

As for feminism, sure, a little bit wouldn't hurt. Especially when it comes to women getting raped or sexually assaulted. Often times the victims don't get the justice they deserve, and that needs to change. Also domestic abuse and similar issues needs to be pulled into the lime light.

Either way, the western brand of feminism isn't all it's cracked up to be, so Somalia should have its own version that works best with the culture.

Your personality variation is almost bi polar.

If this is what you mean then no thanks, i'd rather see it take place in saudi arabia so that i can laugh at how fat their women are. :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

supporters-of-democratic-presidential-candidate-bernie-sanders-and-picture-id517170774

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending