Do we need a feminist movement in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, Somali culture is quite fair to their females and we should be grateful to be a Muslim nation that does not degrade or abuse it’s females through systemic oppression, just look at the Arabs and Asians for example. Somali women are driven and independent beings who do not tolerate abusive behaviour and know how to make their rights known, alhamdulillah :)

Last edited:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I have heard stories from my mother and we see how rapists always get off with a slap on the wrist so I'm going to have to go with yes. :hmm: I don't want western feminism though. :susp:Islamic feminism only.

I have heard stories from my mother and we see how rapists always get off with a slap on the wrist so I'm going to have to go with yes. :hmm: I don't want western feminism though. :susp:Islamic feminism only.

Really? According to my family, if a girl was raped then her rapist would be named, shamed and caned :nvjpqts:
And yes, although feminism is good, western feminism has gone too far (they acknowledge trannies). Islamic feminism is good because it highlights the God-given rights in the Quran that was given to females, but has sadly been largely ignored by various Islamic nations.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Really? According to my family, if a girl was raped the rapist would be dead
And yes, although feminism is good, western feminism has gone too far (they acknowledge trannies). Islamic feminism is good because it highlights the God-given rights in the Quran that was given to females, but has sadly been largely ignored by various Islamic nations.
In some cases yes but if the victim is from a weak clan or the same clan as the rapist then the system sort of breaks down.

In some cases yes but if the victim is from a weak clan or the same clan as the rapist then the system sort of breaks down.

Ah I see, that is a problem then. Somalis need to be reminded of their centuries old tradition of respecting their wives and daughters, and it needs to be protected against the ever growing cult of wahabism.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
There is also an issue of public masturbation. I have heard numerous stories of xoolo masturbating behind random women in crowded areas like a bus from the kacaan era. I have never heard of this discussed online though.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Then get back in the kitchen and make us some. We're having a serious conversation here nayaa.
:birdman:

Somalis in Somalia are HUNGRY and someone is talking about a luxury idea like "feminism" Puke! How about get to reality?

Women having a priviliged position within a society where they are respected and allowed to work independently seems to be a cultural trait that is, and has been, practiced throughout the region of northeast Africa were the Hamitic people are native to. The Berbers, Somalis, Afars and Beja for example have always had a long history of having strong and forward thinnking females that have had prominent positions within their respective societies.

The Ancient Egyptians are the best example. Another Hamitic people, their women worked in medicine, business and trade and were allowed to divorce their husbands or take males to court. This culture highly baffled the Greeks, who regarded their females as being “disabled versions of men”. :9uoofqd:
Of course, female independence isn’t the case now in Egypt, which has now been highly semiticised and have adopted Arab traditions that are very different from native Hamitic traditions.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Women having a priviliged position within a society where they are respected and allowed to work independently seems to be a cultural trait that is, and has been, practiced throughout the region of northeast Africa were the Hamitic people are native to. The Berbers, Somalis, Afars and Beja for example have always had a long history of having strong and forward thinnking females that have had prominent positions within their respective societies.

The Ancient Egyptians are the best example. Another Hamitic people, their women worked in medicine, business and trade and were allowed to divorce their husbands or take males to court. This culture highly baffled the Greeks, who regarded their females as being “disabled versions of men”. :9uoofqd:
Of course, female independence isn’t the case now in Egypt, which has now been highly semiticised and have adopted Arab traditions that are very different from native Hamitic traditions.

the name HIGH PRIESTESS is just too good, Next to the DUCHESS i suppose

Muji

VIP

What do you have against Western Feminism?

World

VIP

Its because our nomadic past.

You cant keep your wife locked up in a house when you're a nomad. Women have to herd the goats and sheep whilst the men are herding the cows, camels and horses. And men have to be gone for long periods of time so women are granted a lot of responsibilities and independence.

Muji

VIP
It attempts to break down the family structure by pretending to do 50/50 splits on everything but still leaving the household responsibilities to the wife.

It’s very hard for the system to impose its self on matters that happen behind close doors. It can only set up laws and rights for women to help get them out of situations like the one you described.

One of the first things feminists fought for was the right for a woman to divorce a man, without him having to agree. And as a result you see a lot of divorce cases being as a result of a man not pulling his weight. This is an ideal situation as it gives women the rights they need to get them out of situations where they feel exploited without being too involved in people’s lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts