Do we have a natural ally?

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Wow......I'm just astonished at the amount of crying and victimhood on display on just the first page alone, never mind the rest of the 16 pages on this shameful thread.

Have some bloody dignity. Embarrassing.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
It was a back and forth.
3000years ago the Yemenis conquered the Ethiopian highlands and put themselves as rulers, this made the highlanders language shift from a Cushitic language to a Semitic one.
The time i was referencing was When the last pagan Axumite king Kaleb conquered Yemen with the help of the eastern romans. King Kaleb was converted to Christianity by some Greeks who encouraged him to abandon polygamy, however king Kaleb accepted Christianity and made Ethiopia a Christian country but still kept his multiple wives.
Sources to look through:
The only reason we know all of this was because of one stone block with writing and a coin that had a cross.

Heres the ezana stone
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1679184328540.png

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
So Ms Barni, let us take yours as the dissenting opinion, and explore as to the why, for once we have sussed out, and could identify as to the reason(s), then perhaps we could explore, applying method to the remediation.
Nigga i dont have a remedy to a problem I had no knowledge about for most of my life.

yes, Hararis are our alies & majority muslims. subhanallah, they’ve been betrayed by Oromos and Amharas.
Harari people nowadays are pro Ethiopia and not pro Somalia, trust me they identify as habesha for the most part (unless heavily mixed with Oromo), they don’t care for Somalis much which is odd really, considering Somali people also have a deep history with Islam, odd but lovely and deeply religious people.

I’m gonna be blunt no Somali Oromo habesha group all in all has “true Allies” your guys mentality is just dumb. Politics is about “mutually beneficial relationships” and forming alliances for strategy, resources and furthering of society. It’s a cold cinical world for all groups there’s no such things as true Allie’s it’s collaborate with landheeres and “handle” langaabs

GemState

36/21
VIP
So, in summary, our natural alliances are mostly influenced by:
a) Culture & Religion: Turkiye, Indonesia, N. Africa, Yemen,
b) Mutual interest: Asian tiger economies.

And less by geography.
The fate of Somalis is entirely dependent on Ethiopia's trajectory and if it democratizes. Eastern Oromo, Afar, Harari & Somali need to replicate the Fulani/Kanuri/Hausa relationship in Nigeria in the HoA. All other alliances mean little compared to this one.

What? I want to send them back to the Congo.
68 iq, Somali Bantus are there to stay if they get mass deported for no other reason than them being Bantu, then the africa union will probably give the green light to the East African community to take over Somalia as a whole, swear you guys are just paranoid schizophrenics

My overall point is that Somali needs to increase power and a much stronger economy to gain cards to start playing at the table and to establish mutually beneficial relationships, Ethiopian government and Kenya just take ADVANTAGE of a weak Somalia, if Somalis was strong they simply wouldn’t play the landheere langaab game and know where you rank and move accordingly

I think the fact that Somalispot is the most popular east african forum on the internet already shows western Somalis have a lot of pride. You'd think Ethiopians would have a larger forum with their 100 million population yet their only forums looks like it's stuck in 1996
Ethiopians keep a low profile and discuss matters in their own languages and somalispot is just more fkd and over the top trolling more so than pride tbh

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
I think the fact that Somalispot is the most popular east african forum on the internet already shows western Somalis have a lot of pride. You'd think Ethiopians would have a larger forum with their 100 million population yet their only forums looks like it's stuck in 1996
Didn't even know that their is other east African forums but Its interesting how they talk about us when we are not there. Overall positive.
Overall negative
create an account and read it Wallahi its worth the delayed 2 minutes its so funny.

Nigga i dont have a remedy to a problem I had no knowledge about for most of my life.
Oh try it, for I know you are sharper than that.

The fate of Somalis is entirely dependent on Ethiopia's trajectory and if it democratizes. Eastern Oromo, Afar, Harari & Somali need to replicate the Fulani/Kanuri/Hausa relationship in Nigeria in the HoA. All other alliances mean little compared to this one.
I must admit I do not know much about that side of Africa; could not expand on that, could you?

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
I think in order to work together we must get rid of the gender wars and hatred that some of us somali men and women have for each other.

I’m gonna be blunt no Somali Oromo habesha group all in all has “true Allies” your guys mentality is just dumb. Politics is about “mutually beneficial relationships” and forming alliances for strategy, resources and furthering of society. It’s a cold cinical world for all groups there’s no such things as true Allie’s it’s collaborate with landheeres and “handle” langaabs
There is some truth to that. So, in this context, Somalis are the Laangaab?

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
There is some truth to that. So, in this context, Somalis are the Laangaab?
I mean we are a very prideful people but the fact that Somalis are split into 4 nations and Somalia is been in constant war allowing foriengiers to loot our recourses and pump in wahabbist ideology onto our people. We don't really have much power as an ethnicity

I mean we are a very prideful people but the fact that Somalis are split into 4 nations and Somalia is been in constant war allowing foriengiers to loot our recourses and pump in wahabbist ideology onto our people. We don't really have much power as an ethnicity
I agree, minus the Wahabism angle, but that a conversation for another day.