Do Somalis have good muscle genetics?

In terms of lifting/workout out, do Somalis have good genetics? Such as muscle insertions, how big muscles can be etc.

I’m 18 & 6’2

No ,cushites have bad genetics when it comes to bodybuilding, but everybody can build a decent body with clean diet & hard training . Consistency and patience is key.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I’m currently working out but I wanna know if we have the genetics to gain muscle quickly or have nice insertions or something
Depends on what you mean, saxiib. Do you wanna be Ronnie Coleman and be on a whole horse cocktail of shit and win the Olympia or do you just want to be beach body ready and look decent but natural? The former is unlikely but honestly possible depending on you and your individual bone structure and reactivity to compounds and the latter is more then possible.

Nope. 95% of somali guys can't build defined muscles. I've only seen handful ethnic somalis with defined muscles and they were all living in Somalia.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Some do and some don't. But with right diet and rest, chances are much higher.

I'm wondering if you're working to look swole or you're looking to improve that raw athletic strength?

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
No ,cushites have bad genetics when it comes to bodybuilding, but everybody can build a decent body with clean diet & hard training . Consistency and patience is key.
Bro
Nope. 95% of somali guys can't build defined muscles. I've only seen handful ethnic somalis with defined muscles and they were all living in Somalia.
99 % of Somali guys In Baadiye can build defined muscles, not "big and bulky" but "lean and mean." . I've seen a handful ethnic Somalis with Flabby ambigious muscles and they were all living in Magaalo,

In all seriousness tho' anyone with patience that follows right training regiment, nutrition and rest can gain muscle mass but it varies from a person to a person.

In my case, like many of us, i was tall lanky high Metab and it took me for a while to figure out that inorder to steadily grow muscle mass, i needed to do less cardio and plyometric sports like basketball and focus on serious routine weight training then Boom i was getting chiseled by the week.

Had it not been the Evil Eye Triggered Accidents that almost paralyzed me, I swear, in just one year i was getting comments in references to The Gentleman's Quarterly from total strangers.:wow:

Just do it and don't compare ur self to anyone at the gym but remeber the most important thing is not to be injured especially trying do too much or lifting too carelessly.
Wabillah Towfiq.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
Also It took forever for MJ to develop muscle mass. He had the typical geljire youth body type AKA Ectomorph.

Read this helpful Suugo Science Article about body types and suitable training regimen and diet.

Here is an snippet.

"This means that shorter guys tend to be stockier and with proportionally larger heads. This describes the short and stocky endomorph body type. Taller guys, on the other hand, tend to get their extra height from their lanky arms and legs, and their long torsos. This describes the long and lanky ectomorph body type.

You can see how proportions can differ here, comparing 5’6 endomorph Ed Coan with the 6’6 ectomorph Michael Jordan:

Comparing the Proportions of Tall Ectomorph Michael Jordan with Short Endomorph Ed Coan

As you can imagine, both of these guys have very different strengths and weaknesses due to their opposite body types. Ed Coan’s stocky body type helped him become one of the best powerlifters in the history of powerlifting. Michael Jordan’s lankier body type helped him become one of the best basketball players of all time."

The Heath-Carter version of Sheldon’s somatotypes, which just uses someone’s physical characteristics, is now the most respected way of classifying body shape. Moreover, it’s been seventy years since Sheldon coined the terms endomorph, mesomorph and ectomorph, and they’re still widely regarded as one of the key things every guy needs to know before attempting to build muscle or lose fat. After all, the better we understand our differences and similarities, the easier it will be for us to adjust our workouts, diets, and lifestyles in a way that helps us accomplish our distinct goals."

Also It took forever for MJ to develop muscle mass. He had the typical geljire youth body type AKA Ectomorph.

Read this helpful Suugo Science Article about body types and suitable training regimen and diet.

Here is an snippet.

"This means that shorter guys tend to be stockier and with proportionally larger heads. This describes the short and stocky endomorph body type. Taller guys, on the other hand, tend to get their extra height from their lanky arms and legs, and their long torsos. This describes the long and lanky ectomorph body type.

You can see how proportions can differ here, comparing 5’6 endomorph Ed Coan with the 6’6 ectomorph Michael Jordan:

Comparing the Proportions of Tall Ectomorph Michael Jordan with Short Endomorph Ed Coan

As you can imagine, both of these guys have very different strengths and weaknesses due to their opposite body types. Ed Coan’s stocky body type helped him become one of the best powerlifters in the history of powerlifting. Michael Jordan’s lankier body type helped him become one of the best basketball players of all time."

The Heath-Carter version of Sheldon’s somatotypes, which just uses someone’s physical characteristics, is now the most respected way of classifying body shape. Moreover, it’s been seventy years since Sheldon coined the terms endomorph, mesomorph and ectomorph, and they’re still widely regarded as one of the key things every guy needs to know before attempting to build muscle or lose fat. After all, the better we understand our differences and similarities, the easier it will be for us to adjust our workouts, diets, and lifestyles in a way that helps us accomplish our distinct goals."

Ectomorph, endomorph and mesomorph are bullshit.

You can become any single one of them. Whilst it true certain people have certain advantages in attaining a certain body type (for some one a bulky physique might be easier to obtain than a lean physique) rigid categories like ectomorph, endomorph and mesomorph aren't particularly helpful or useful.

Someone with what looks like endomorph physique whilst they are fat might slim down and suddenly they have the body of an ectomorph.

That’s an outright lie, I know and seen many Somali brothers that regularly work out and follow a regiment that are buff. All it takes is consistent work and effort, results vary but every single one that puts in the work has had results.

I work out too, never got such results because I’m a glutton and I eat for 3. When I was in Nunavut and didn’t have access to fast food and Somali restaurants, and was forced to cook and mainly consumed fish. I had well defined muscles throughout my body but never got big and buffed though.

That’s an outright lie, I know and seen many Somali brothers that regularly work out and follow a regiment that are buff. All it takes is consistent work and effort, results vary but every single one that puts in the work has had results.

I work out too, never got such results because I’m a glutton and I eat for 3. When I was in Nunavut and didn’t have access to fast food and Somali restaurants, and was forced to cook and mainly consumed fish. I had well defined muscles throughout my body but never got big and buffed though.
but the question is if we have good muscle genetics & the answer is clearly not!

but the question is if we have good muscle genetics & the answer is clearly not!
My nigga I’ve seen indhoyaars, sanjeets and a bunch of other ethnicities including Somalis that are typical not known for being buffed be buffed due to their hard work and following a strict regiment.
It’s possible, might take a bit more effort than say a west African, but still very much doable.

I think your definition of buff is different to mine. Somali who lift will get bigger muscles yes but the muscles are not defined like the bantu man's muscle. You will never see a somali guy with this kind of muscles. You understand me now ?

ratio3x2_1800.jpg

7a0f03f53a99e96ca6ab82d7a96ce361.jpg

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
My nigga I’ve seen indhoyaars, sanjeets and a bunch of other ethnicities including Somalis that are typical not known for being buffed be buffed due to their hard work and following a strict regiment.
It’s possible, might take a bit more effort than say a west African, but still very much doable.
Our normal state is not to be very muscular and it's obvious why. Our ancestors lived in an arid to semi-arid, warm environment and were adapted well to that and, like Arabians and Nilotes, rather lean and lithe in appearance and their lifestyle while strenuous wasn't exactly like weight lifting all the time so they didn't balloon up but I've noticed Faraaxs can balloon up just fine with the right amount of protein, micronutrients and hypertrophy. I did so myself and that was while not even trying to get big at all. I treated the gym like an activity I did for fun and was not aiming for hypertrophy or to hit PRs.

Faraaxs also blow up quite a bit like anyone on PEDs, from what I've seen:

Ahmed Kismayo

EItTUJyXUAAgmNw.jpg

hassan jama6.jpg

Hassan Jama
(Yemeni hooyo)

be7af4cfdc3d8a211172c27eb3c1d17c.jpg
webpage-image-3.jpg

Ayman Sabo

ayman sabo8.jpg
ayman sabo1.jpg

Last edited:
If its possible is not the question.
Again the question is "if faraxs have good genetics for muscles" the answer is definitely no.

The easiest way if you have good genetics or not, is to train consistently for 2 years with the right diet and training and see how much muscle mass you can build. THEN you can interpret if you have good or bad genetics. Alot of people in the forums talking about Somalians on average are inferior to building muscle but it has to do with an individual NOT THE NATIONALITY.

If its possible is not the question.
Again the question is "if faraxs have good genetics for muscles" the answer is definitely no.
Its hard to say if faraxs have good genetics for building muscle, our culture discourages it and theres not enough evidence to prove that we have good genetics for building muscle. What I can say though is that majority of us have good versions of the genes ACTN3 and we are naturally myostatin deficient in this study here
1642196049194.png

But overall, we might have good genetics for building muscle but we cannot get like really bulky but just lean and well defined one.

Trending

Latest posts