Do Somalis have good muscle genetics?

Its hard to say if faraxs have good genetics for building muscle, our culture discourages it and theres not enough evidence to prove that we have good genetics for building muscle. What I can say though is that majority of us have good versions of the genes ACTN3 and we are naturally myostatin deficient in this study here View attachment 212010

But overall, we might have good genetics for building muscle but we cannot get like really bulky but just lean and well defined one.
This just got on my mind but i just want to clear things up

Advantages the average somali has:
- Myostatin deficient
- Small bone structure (this gives an illusion of bigger muscles)
- small waist
- ACTN3 gene is high enough
- ACE D/D polymorphism is decent
- High AR receptor (not as high as west africans) which makes them respond well to PED
- Less fat gain
As you can see from the graph somalians are at the 2nd highest when it comes to ACE DD
Disadvantages the average somali has:
1644275312640.png

- slow twitch dominant ( not big enough compared to fast twitch)
- Ectomorphic ( hard gainer)
- Culture ofc

a MINORITY and i repeat a MINORITY are amazing for distance running so therefore they cant really have amazing genetics for building muscle. This is on average though so dont take it to account that you have really good genetics. As we can see here the muscle potential is definetly high but not as big and bulky. I think the reason why people think that east africans have really bad bodybuilding genetics is because the IFBB pros that we have now, are basically inhumane beasts with wrist circumferences of 12 inches. But we can build an aesthetic body as small wrists do = good insertion points for bodybuilding and its considered an advantage in the bodybuilding community.

This is the only thing i can imagine a somalian who took steroids and actually took bodybuilding seriously:
1644274427547.png

Last edited:

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
In terms of lifting/workout out, do Somalis have good genetics? Such as muscle insertions, how big muscles can be etc.

I’m 18 & 6’2
We have trash muscle genetics, habesha’s have some of the best muscle genetics in the horn imo. One of my Somali friends and this other habashi friend who both started gyming at the same time are no where near other other now, given idk what they both eat and such but I’ve seen it before too. Somalis compared to say habesha’s take forever to get big and it’s the same with me
:wow:

World

VIP
We have trash muscle genetics, habesha’s have some of the best muscle genetics in the horn imo. One of my Somali friends and this other habashi friend who both started gyming at the same time are no where near other other now, given idk what they both eat and such but I’ve seen it before too. Somalis compared to say habesha’s take forever to get big and it’s the same with me
:wow:
My chest genetics are trash smh I bench 225 for 2x5 yet have a bird chest

C39D24B2-9505-4772-AC0D-7996FA9DB0D6.jpeg

Trending