For all u man who lift

How do you maintain your gains during ramadan cus i lose bare weight during the month. Then it takes me a while to get back to where i was before fasting

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
If you're not allergic to nuts, make your own peanut butter or sunflower seed butter and add that into a shakes, smoothies or oatmeal. Cheap & easy way to consume proteins and calories.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
How do you maintain your gains during ramadan cus i lose bare weight during the month. Then it takes me a while to get back to where i was before fasting

I actually blew up once in terms of strength, size and leanness during Ramadan, believe it or not. Just gonna say what I myself did:
  • Completely cut out cardio
  • Got plenty of good sleep
  • Ate low-carb and lots of animal foods (lots of meat, dairy and eggs)
  • Did full-body weight-training 3-4 days per week
Full-body weight-training or upper-lower splits are what any natural ought to do in my opinion. It's a great way to get in some decent frequency without overstressing your body by trying to imitate junkies who are jobless and can manage to do 3-6 hours a day gym sessions or more.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The nutrient dense, protein rich food is key too and the lack of cardio was just something I decided to add that Ramadan as I just found it intuitively odd to do cardio while I was basically dry fasting as much as 14 hours. I ended up actually more or less keeping the routine after Ramadan by doing intermittent 16:8 water-fasting, completely avoiding cardio and doing full-body weight-training.

I wasn't complaining about the eventual results:

I was absurd back then. Could see the the muscle striations on my chest, had those veiny and bulging biceps, ab visibility... nigga was on point. Life hit me with some shit since and I haven't been that disciplined or as in shape at all for quite some time but inshallah I'll get back up on the saddle and hope what worked for me helps you, abowe.

Last edited:
I actually blew up once in terms of strength, size and leanness during Ramadan, believe it or not. Just gonna say what I myself did:
  • Completely cut out cardio
  • Got plenty of good sleep
  • Ate low-carb and lots of animal foods (lots of meat, dairy and eggs)
  • Did full-body weight-training 3-4 days per week
Full-body weight-training or upper-lower splits are what any natural ought to do in my opinion. It's a great way to get in some decent frequency without overstressing your body by trying to imitate junkies who are jobless and can manage to do 3-6 hours a day gym sessions or more.

The nutrient dense, protein rich food is key too and the lack of cardio was just something I decided to add that Ramadan as I just found it intuitively odd to do cardio while I was basically dry fasting as much as 14 hours. I ended up actually more or less keeping the routine after Ramadan by doing intermittent 16:8 water-fasting, completely avoiding cardio and doing full-body weight-training.

I wasn't complaining about the eventual results:

I was absurd back then. Could see the the muscle striations on my chest, had those veiny and bulging biceps, ab visibility... nigga was on point. Life hit me with some shit since and I haven't been that disciplined or as in shape at all for quite some time but inshallah I'll get back up on the saddle and hope what worked for me helps you, abowe.

I’m defo doing that bro great advice :friendhug:

at what time of the day do you workout when fasting

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I’m defo doing that bro great advice :friendhug:

at what time of the day do you workout when fasting

I wasn't very particular about the time when it was Ramadan. Just aimed for whenever was most convenient and of course since Ramadan is essentially a dry fast, working out while fasting was out of the question. I did sometimes, if I felt strong enough hit the gym right before iftar then immediately come home, shower and eat iftar but most of the time I just did it later at night a little while after iftar and some rest. When Ramadan ended and I was water-fasting most days I actually found it weirdly better to workout when fasting whenever I could during the day (you might have to accept early morning workouts if you've got work or Uni) as I actually felt really light and flexible while fasted and working out. A friend who is a doctor recommended against it as fasting is apparently a "catabolic" state but I tried it anyway and would even put in heavier numbers while lifting fasted and generally got stronger and bigger over-time. Good times, wallahi.

Wish you all the best again, abowe!

🙏

I wasn't very particular about the time when it was Ramadan. Just aimed for whenever was most convenient and of course since Ramadan is essentially a dry fast, working out while fasting was out of the question. I did sometimes, if I felt strong enough hit the gym right before iftar then immediately come home, shower and eat iftar but most of the time I just did it later at night a little while after iftar and some rest. When Ramadan ended and I was water-fasting most days I actually found it weirdly better to workout when fasting whenever I could during the day (you might have to accept early morning workouts if you've got work or Uni) as I actually felt really light and flexible while fasted and working out. A friend who is a doctor recommended against it as fasting is apparently a "catabolic" state but I tried it anyway and would even put in heavier numbers while lifting fasted and generally got stronger and bigger over-time. Good times, wallahi.

Wish you all the best again, abowe!

🙏
Aahhh that makes it impossible for me since gyms are closed and i go to a friends homegym, but i can’t be there too late like after iftar since it’s ceeb. If the gyms don’t reopen then i’ll have to stick homeworkouts and use your tips for next year

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Dude during Ramadan just aim to maintain cause the intensity of the workout won’t be the same. You won’t lose your gains unless you don’t work out for the whole month but muscle memory does wonders

Trending