Do somali youths in North America play Hockey, Baseball, Football etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed UK Somalis stick to football/soccer and don't play British sports like Rugby, Field Hockey or Cricket. Wondering if it is the same across the pond :cosbyhmm:

All my brothers played baseball growing up. We grew up in all cadaan town.

Baseball seems cool ngl

We were stuck playing cricket throughout school :kanyehmm:

220px-Joe_root.jpg

It was alright once you got used to it :mjlaugh:

Last edited:
I always play football on weekends but my entire time in school it was rugby all the time

The fear in the opponent eyes when they see a Somali running toward them aiming for that tackle :lawd:

I've noticed UK Somalis stick to football/soccer and don't play British sports like Rugby, Field Hockey or Cricket. Wondering if it is the same across the pond :cosbyhmm:
Working class people English rarely play rugby. Most schools full of working class people don’t even have a rugby team. Cricket is generally popular with middle class whites and Asians. Plus, it is boring as hell. Hockey is even more middle class.

Working class people English rarely play rugby. Most schools full of working class people don’t even have a rugby team. Cricket is generally popular with middle class whites and Asians. Plus, it is boring as hell.

Most schools may not have a rugby team but they definitely play it during PE

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
The masjid in my area had basketball hoops in a parking lot that was empty every weekend. Literally a lot of the Somalis kids in my area would hoop together every Saturday and Sunday from asr-isha.

Besides here even when I visit family in different states all my cousins go to public parks to hoop. I know one that played on the high school basketball team.

I have one cousin who played football(the American one) for his high school as well. He was a safety

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Working class people English rarely play rugby. Most schools full of working class people don’t even have a rugby team. Cricket is generally popular with middle class whites and Asians. Plus, it is boring as hell. Hockey is even more middle class.
I still haven’t ran into a high school they has a hockey team.

My old high school had a rugby team but it isn’t really a school team. More like a club that competes with other clubs. It was viewed more like a school district team with some members from different high schools in our district being part of the club. I went to like one of their games. Surprisingly it looked pretty fun. It’s entertaining seeing a 6ft 3in 300lb Samoan running full speed bulldozing over people

Status
Not open for further replies.