Do somali youths in North America play Hockey, Baseball, Football etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played rugby once and knocked over some fat Caribbean kid. He told me after that he was surprised that i knocked him over like that and that he felt like he had been run over by a truck. I have mad leg strength and am quite naturally muscular so i could run fast too, but i surprised myself with my own strength. I also enjoyed football.

FendiFanatic

Freedom of Speech
In North America basketball is the dominant sport. Literally everyone plays it there’s ball courts everywhere

I rate it though basketball is fun asf

FendiFanatic

Freedom of Speech
and how many tall somali niggas exit? yall forming your own lil tournaments bcos you guys are wack
Most Somalis play ball for fun and not serious. Only 4 Somalis registered for the nba draft out of millions (this is proper stats from the nba site) so for the 4 to not make it doesn’t mean shit hating motherfucker

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Most Somalis play ball for fun and not serious. Only 4 Somalis registered for the nba draft out of millions (this is proper stats from the nba site) so for the 4 to not make it doesn’t mean shit hating motherfucker
theres a Eritrean in the nba before a somali deep that and come back to me

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
I played ice hockey in high school and did play single A and AA rep teams. My parents couldn’t afford my equipment in grade 12 so I stopped playing.

I play occasional beer league games but not as much as I use to.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
and how many tall somali niggas exit? yall forming your own lil tournaments bcos you guys are wack
Somalis don't have the genetics to be fast and strong especially when they are very tall.

1 xalimo made it to the women NBA though

Farhiya.png

Farhiya abdi

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Somalis don't have the genetics to be fast and strong especially when they are very tall.

Farhiya.png

Farhiya abdi
you don't make sense when you said somali guys don't have the genetics to be tall or fast because they're tall forgetting man players are TALL and fast

Farhiya.png

Farhiya abdi

Jeremy Lin?

e9phixq.jpg

If a Asian did it I’m sure we can. And you don’t need to be exceptionally strong or fast for basketball. Basketball I.Q, ball handling, passing and shooting are more important than strength. John Wall is a athletic beast but many people will contend that Irving and Curry - who are more average in terms of athleticism - are the better players. Kevin Durant at the 2007 NBA Combine couldn't finish a single rep of the 185-pound Bench Press test. He’s the greatest scorer on the planet now.

theres a Eritrean in the nba before a somali deep that and come back to me

You’re goofy if you think a generation of people from a war torn country are going to produce basketball players in the NBA. Success starts from home, all Somali parents care about is if their kids are attending classes, anything else doesn’t matter. Instead of supporting their kids dreams they outright destroy it by doubting them. Hopefully this generation can change that.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Jeremy Lin?

e9phixq.jpg

If a Asian did it I’m sure we can. And you don’t need to be exceptionally strong or fast for basketball. Basketball I.Q, ball handling, passing and shooting are more important than strength. John Wall is a athletic beast but many people will contend that Irving and Curry - who are more average in terms of athleticism - are the better players. Kevin Durant at the 2007 NBA Combine couldn't finish a single rep of the 185-pound Bench Press test. He’s the greatest scorer on the planet now.

You’re goofy if you think a generation of people from a war torn country are going to produce basketball players in the NBA. Success starts from home, all Somali parents care about is if their kids are attending classes, anything else doesn’t matter. Instead of supporting their kids dreams they outright destroy it by doubting them. Hopefully this generation can change that.
East Asians, although they're quite lean and have small bone structure, they got better physiques than Somalis. I live around many Asians. I can tell the difference. It's not a coincidence that Asians dominate weight lifting competitions but you're right though, Somalis do a chance in becoming pro basketball players.

East Asians, although they're quite lean and have small bone structure, they got better physiques than Somalis. I live around many Asians. I can tell the difference. It's not a coincidence that Asians dominate weight lifting competitions but you're right though, Somalis do a chance in becoming pro basketball players.

Eh I disagree sxb

Go to any village in West Africa and I guarantee most of em will be quite skinny. They typically have good muscle belly insertion making them appear bigger than they really are. Certain instances in my life made me doubt the claim that Somali’s are not physically well adepted such as my friends and I hanging off a basketball rim with zero prior training, we were all under 6’0” and 15 years of age too. I believe Somali’s are naturally gifted with height, frame, and shoulder to hip ratio provided they’re not skinny fat. Mind you I’m not talking about the skinny Barkhad Abdi types.

We’ve got small wrists and joints which are great for aesthetics. I’ve never seen a Farah who consistently went gym for a year and not look yoked. Muscle growth and being lean are variables that can be controlled through training and dieting. Problem is, 80% of us are not even in the gym and trying at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts