Do Somali guys like this exist?

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
I'm in my mid-20s. I've told you this before and I'm speaking about educated Somali men I know who are around my age that prefer traditionalism. Of course, some of them have wives that do part-time jobs but their husbands cover the rent and bills so it's exactly not 50/50. She will still do most of the cooking and chores. Somalis don't function like cadaans.

Even in white marriages the bulk of the housekeeping is carried out by the women. Most white couples don't split 50/50 either.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
I'm in my mid-20s. I've told you this before and I'm speaking about educated Somali men I know who are around my age that prefer traditionalism. Of course, some of them have wives that do part-time jobs but their husbands cover the rent and bills so it's exactly not 50/50. She will still do most of the cooking and chores. Somalis don't function like cadaans.
Nothing in life is 50/50, the higher wage pays more. Let’s agree to disagree on this. I guess where I live is more progressive than your neck of the woods

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Nothing in life is 50/50, the higher wage pays more. Let’s agree to disagree on this. I guess where I live is more progressive than your neck of the woods

The guys I know are all well paid. They are capable of financially taking care of their wives so just because they are more traditional doesn't make them any less progressive.

Basic

VIP
The guys I know are all well paid. They are capable of financially taking care of their wives so just because they are more traditional doesn't make them any less progressive.
I’m honest so let me just say I laughed out loud reading this. Thanks for the lols I guess xx

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I’m honest so let me just say I laughed out loud reading this. Thanks for the lols I guess xx

But I'm being serious it doesn't make it any less progressive. A progressive relationship is when they are compatible with each other and that can be for both traditional or modern relationships.

I guess you prefer a modern relationship. It's just not for me that is why I married a traditional woman and eventually, when you have kids you'll have no choice but to become a housewife and mother because kids deserve more attention than your workplace. It's part of your nature.

I'm gonna stop typing now. I'm watching the expanse. It's a good show. :samwelcome:

Last edited:
dont ever settle for a low value man who doesn’t change his boxers regularly sisters. if a man expects you to solely clean and cook. r-u-n. there are plenty of other men who wouldn’t mind cooking and cleaning with u. only a low value man would view it as a woman’s job.

Basic

VIP
But I'm being serious it doesn't make it any less progressive. A progressive relationship is when they are compatible with each other and that can be both traditional or modern relationships.

I guess you prefer a modern relationship. It's just not for me that is why I married a traditional woman and but eventually, when you have kids you'll have no choice but to become a housewife and mother because kids deserve more attention than your workplace. It's part of your nature.

I'm gonna stop typing. I'm watching the expense. It's a good show. :samwelcome:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

most somali men would expect u to do everything while he chills with his friends at the shiisha spot doing god knows what.

My friend married this guy who's super rich.
He works as a property manager and develops homes too.
So she told me she doesn't cook everyday just twice a week the other days her husband does. Even though she's not working , he told her to just take care of the house.

Do Somali guys like this exist

I would cook food only if I was a chef and share my skills with the family that way. But since I am not a chef, I make my own sandwich or unload the cooked meal onto my plate always and eat it without asking others at home to serve me. I even make my tea if there isn't one made already. I am used to doing things for myself and asking other to wait on me feels a little retarded. I expect others to help themselves as much.

Simple answer: I will never cook for a wife unless she is sick, gave birth, or needs help with the food on the stove and she has to run and get something. Beyond that, there is no human female deserving to be waited on beyond necessity. Naagta xunta ah xabadkeeda muxuu la wayn yahay? May wax karsato?

Why are y'all acting like he's doing all the housework? He's only cooking. Maybe he finds therapeutic...

I would cook food only if I was a chef and share my skills with the family that way. But since I am not a chef, I make my own sandwich or unload the cooked meal onto my plate always and eat it without asking others at home to serve me. I even make my tea if there isn't one made already. I am used to doing things for myself and asking other to wait on me feels a little retarded. I expect others to help themselves as much.

Simple answer: I will never cook for a wife unless she is sick, gave birth, or needs help with the food on the stove and she has to run and get something. Beyond that, there is no human female deserving to be waited on beyond necessity. Naagta xunta ah xabadkeeda muxuu la wayn yahay? May wax karsato?

Would you cook for her if she was also working?

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
So she told me she doesn't cook everyday just twice a week the other days her husband does. Even though she's not working , he told her to just take care of the house.

If you are a real one, tell your homegirl that she is lucky to get a nigga like that and appreciate a nigga like that.
And also tell her to go school to learn some shit, since the nigga can pay for it and she got all this free time anyways. Smart mothers raise smart kids

the reality is most men want a wife who cooks for them every day looks after them girls these days act like men hense why there are so many unmarried women and those who get married they get divorced quick LOL

Only sus niggas would not have their housewife cook for them when they get home. The hell does she provide him other than sucking off his salary (and lower region)? :dead:
LOL might as well not get married and just have fun if your wife doesnt cook for you everytime and stay at home

Maybe in your generation but mine is different. People in their early and mid 20s both contribute. Most women my age see it as pointless to be a housewife. Hell if a guy can’t cook or doesn’t like to I don’t entertain him at all. That’s a basic standard for me..
well good luck because a woman with attitude of putting career first and expecting the man to also cook will have a hard time finding a suitable man for marriage and if they do it will soon break down.whether we like it or not we as somalis are very cultural the females own mother will tell her off and act like a women lol

Every man(more so somali/arab/asian) whether they make it be known or keep it inside wants a traditional feminine woman who cooks for them and looks after them

One of the main reasons why they so many somali unmarried females in west is because somali females have this western mindet of work work and 50-50 and somali men dont see it the same way so in the end in most times it will effect the female because a career minded work driven is not desired by the mases of somali men.

Basic

VIP
well good luck because a woman with attitude of putting career first and expecting the man to also cook will have a hard time finding a suitable man for marriage and if they do it will soon break down.whether we like it or not we as somalis are very cultural the females own mother will tell her off and act like a women lol

Every man(more so somali/arab/asian) whether they make it be known or keep it inside wants a traditional feminine woman who cooks for them and looks after them

One of the main reasons why they so many somali unmarried females in west is because somali females have this western mindet of work work and 50-50 and somali men dont see it the same way so in the end in most times it will effect the female because a career minded work driven is not desired by the mases of somali men.
Like I said it’s a generational thing. Somali guys of my generation have mostly levelled up. The housewife paradox is dying out. People with your mindset will struggle more than me. Maybe you should worry about yourself sweet ;)

alhamdulilah
Like I said it’s a generational thing. Somali guys of my generation have mostly levelled up. The housewife paradox is dying out. People with your mindset will struggle more than me. Maybe you should worry about yourself sweet ;)
leveled up? LOL even the non muslims want a wife who looks after them and cooks for them they call them "wifey material" then what do you think about somali guys mindet? that will never change somali guys want a woman who cooks and cleans for them

if its a generational thing then we would expect to hear much more of modern relationship but right now thats very rare i know loads of somalis and the guy works and the woman is a housewife this will be default for 1000 of years wont change sure there will be some that dont do this but im talking about the majority

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Can they afford a housewife? There was a popular article that been going around that people that 50% of under 30s are unable to afford to move out of their parents house or some thing along the lines

Trending