Do atheists feel sorry for Muslims killed in islamist attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axmed Xaji

Your non-biological father
I don't believe it's a part of Islam, you assumed that.
Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Sahih Bukhari (52:73) - "Allah's Apostle said, 'Know that Paradise is under the shades of swords'."

Quran (47:35) - "Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost (Shakir: "have the upper hand") for Allah is with you,"

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

Sahih Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Sahih Muslim (20:4696) - "the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: 'One who died but did not fight in the way of Allah nor did he express any desire (or determination) for Jihad died the death of a hypocrite.'"

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives.

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement" (mischief is joining partners with Allah)

Sahih Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:15) - "O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end."

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Quran (8:67) - "It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had made a great slaughter in the land..."

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate,

Quran (9:20) - "Those who believe, and have left their homes and striven with their wealth and their lives in Allah's way are of much greater worth in Allah's sight. These are they who are triumphant."

Quran (9:38-39) - "O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place."

Quran (9:73) - "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination."

Quran (9:111) - "Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Quran: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme."

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Axmed Xaji

I never read terrorism related stories. They are totally irrelevant.
upload_2017-7-2_17-13-57.png
Irrelevant?

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Sahih Bukhari (52:73) - "Allah's Apostle said, 'Know that Paradise is under the shades of swords'."

Quran (47:35) - "Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost (Shakir: "have the upper hand") for Allah is with you,"

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

Sahih Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Sahih Muslim (20:4696) - "the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: 'One who died but did not fight in the way of Allah nor did he express any desire (or determination) for Jihad died the death of a hypocrite.'"

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives.

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement" (mischief is joining partners with Allah)

Sahih Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:15) - "O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end."

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Quran (8:67) - "It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had made a great slaughter in the land..."

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate,

Quran (9:20) - "Those who believe, and have left their homes and striven with their wealth and their lives in Allah's way are of much greater worth in Allah's sight. These are they who are triumphant."

Quran (9:38-39) - "O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place."

Quran (9:73) - "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination."

Quran (9:111) - "Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Quran: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme."

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

I don't take Hadith as the word of God more historical documents that could be accurate could be fabricated.

As for the Quranic verses I don't see anything wrong, fighting is a human reality and always will be, but to fight when necessary for a just cause and defend the innocent. I don't believe kuffar just means non-muslim, the way it's used in the Quran I understand it to mean those who deny the truth while they know it and Allah swt has made it clear to them, this can be anyone only God knows. When the prophets were around Allah swt revealed those things. Many of the verses you posted are commands given to the prophet at that time, we should take lessons from it but it doesn't literally apply. The groups it's speaking of broke treaties killed innocent people and were trying to wipe out the small group of Muslims, they had to fight.

Axmed Xaji

I don't take Hadith as the word of God more historical documents that could be accurate could be fabricated.

As for the Quranic verses I don't see anything wrong, fighting is a human reality and always will be, but to fight when necessary for a just cause and defend the innocent. I don't believe kuffar just means non-muslim, the way it's used in the Quran I understand it to mean those who deny the truth while they know it and Allah swt has made it clear to them, this can be anyone only God knows. When the prophets were around Allah swt revealed those things. Many of the verses you posted are commands given to the prophet at that time, we should take lessons from it but it doesn't literally apply. The groups it's speaking of broke treaties killed innocent people and were trying to wipe out the small group of Muslims, they had to fight.
You should know that it's YOUR interpretation. ISIS are perfectly justified, from an Islamic viewpoint, to interpret them as they do. It can go both ways and that's the frightening part.

Apollo

VIP
Tell that to thousands of people, mostly Muslims murdered throughout the world. Tell to governments around the world struggling to contain the problem.

Terrorism is condoned by Islamic theology. ISIS are the most pious of all Muslims. They are re-establishing the caliphate, fighting the infidel, and fulfilling end times prophecies.

Axmed Xaji

Terrorism is condoned by Islamic theology. ISIS are the most pious of all Muslims. They are establishing the caliphate and fighting the infidel and fulfilling end times prophecies.
That reality is at the epicenter of the problem. I'm talking about the Muslims they are killing, who don't understand much about the core of their religion.

You should know that it's YOUR interpretation. ISIS are perfectly justified, from an Islamic viewpoint, to interpret them as they do. It can go both ways and that's the frightening part.

That was my point? While you're accusing innocent people of sharing ISIS ideology.
And no they're not really justified they do a lot of twisting, but you don't care to take the time to learn what the Quran actually says.
People like them and salafis (I'm not bashing them) mostly following scholars whom they pick and choose. That is truly cult like lol, everything with them is sheikh ul islam hebel is of this opinion.

Axmed Xaji

That was my point? While you're accusing innocent people of sharing ISIS ideology.
And no they're not really justified they do a lot of twisting, but you don't care to take the time to learn what the Quran actually says.
People like them and salafis (I'm not bashing them) mostly following scholars whom they pick and choose. That is truly cult like lol, everything with them is sheikh ul islam hebel is of this opinion.
My point is, if ISIS can do what it does by literally following your religion, shouldn't you look into it more? Are you comfortable with the reality that you and ISIS follow the same religion and just interpret it differently, both of which are acceptable in Islam? It's actually an open question whether or not ISIS interpretation is closest to true (in Islam).

In Islamic eschatology the final armageddon will happen in Dabiq, Northern Syria.

All honorable Muslims must obey Caliph Al-Baghdadi and help the cause of re-establishing the caliphate.

Can you post the verses from the Quran here?

My point is, if ISIS can do what it does by literally following your religion, shouldn't you look into it more? Are you comfortable with the reality that you and ISIS follow the same religion and just interpret it differently, both of which are acceptable in Islam? It's actually an open question whether or not ISIS interpretation is closest to true (in Islam).

And my point is they are not "literally following the religion". They've practically made up their own. A lot of Muslims hold some unfounded beliefs, some are adamant you have to enter the washroom with one foot and leave with the other because it's "sunnah". When there was no such thing as washrooms during the prophets time, people went outside so that's clearly nonsense, so no one can come and tell me that or those beliefs are truly "Islamic". It's not an open question and if you cared to gain some understanding before parroting things other people (although wrongly) studied and came to a conclusion about, you would know.

As for your question about my comfort, to me that's similar to asking me, am I comfortable there are women who've killed people, Somalis, Canadians? I mean no, I don't like people being harmed or killed, but do I feel any particular responsibility? No, not anymore than I would with the other things I've listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending