Status
Not open for further replies.
Asc,

A newbie here and wanted to come on here for a sense of direction. We recently took a YDNA test for several people in our family as we migrated to Ethiopia (Bale) 3-6 generations ago from northern Somalia. Not sure if it was due to war or other reasons but our families held tight to being Dhulbhante. So now our hablogroup for all 3 of the men that took these test are different and do not connect with one another. We got J1 or J-M26. I was told This is mainly found in harti and only in 3-5% of the Somali population. My other family members got E-M35. Any one familiar with this hablogroup? Especially in Somalis. We’re doing further testing but we were told it’s orgins are from the Middle East, Yemen south Saudi and came to Somalia maybe 1500 years ago. Idk. Any info would help.

Asc,

A newbie here and wanted to come on here for a sense of direction. but we were told it’s orgins are from the Middle East, Yemen south Saudi and came to Somalia maybe 1500 years ago. Idk. Any info would help.

stupid move they left 1500 yrs ago, you would be rich by now.

Last edited:
is Bale the oromo side or did u mix with thm.

Bale or ginder is where my great grandfathers settled, a town in Ethiopia. I heard they may have been fighters but not to sure why they moved to Ethiopia. I was told it isn’t very far from northern Somali...idk.

They mostly married within and other Somalis but over time mixes did happen. My fathers mom is half Oromo half Somali. His father Somali. My mother is Somali.

Took an autosomal test on ancestry.com doesn’t really do much. Got the same makeup as a typical S.O. Connected to other dhulbahantes, mjs, even hawiyas.

This test as most know factors in every family member which is cool but doesn’t really narrow down the male line too easy.

That’s why we (my bro) took the familytreedna ydna test. It just looks at the y line which passes only through males. That’s where we got the J1.

Somalis all married each other and these test prove how ridiculous it was and still is that we hurt each other over some bs........:Sutehja:

......anyways, We May have came from Arabs but that 1 father and a whole bunch of Africans after that doesnt make you Arab.

Asc,

A newbie here and wanted to come on here for a sense of direction. We recently took a YDNA test for several people in our family as we migrated to Ethiopia (Bale) 3-6 generations ago from northern Somalia. Not sure if it was due to war or other reasons but our families held tight to being Dhulbhante. So now our hablogroup for all 3 of the men that took these test are different and do not connect with one another. We got J1 or J-M26. I was told This is mainly found in harti and only in 3-5% of the Somali population. My other family members got E-M35. Any one familiar with this hablogroup? Especially in Somalis. We’re doing further testing but we were told it’s orgins are from the Middle East, Yemen south Saudi and came to Somalia maybe 1500 years ago. Idk. Any info would help.
The E-m35 is possibly E-v32 which is a Somali haplogroup.

neva mind somalis are e1b1b1 m215.

is E-v32 higher up,cos that encompasses a larger area all the way to central europe?

Damn where r the gurus??
It's the opposite. E-v32 is subclade of E-v12 and is mainly found from Sudan to Kenya and E-m215 is E1b1b.

I think more Somalis than we know, were adopted into clans they don't actually belong to. This is not a surprise. Imagine your sister marries a foreigner and moves to Somalia, her children will associate with her clan and after a few hundred years, people will forget the true origins.

I think more Somalis than we know, were adopted into clans they don't actually belong to. This is not a surprise. Imagine your sister marries a foreigner and moves to Somalia, her children will associate with her clan and after a few hundred years, people will forget the true origins.

very true, darood/isaaq etc are given names by arab muslim scholars. 2 brothers on different lineage thats where it all started. and all the history before at that point made redundant ,obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts