Djiboutian lahoh..by Hawa.

My first time hearing Yemenis make laxoox. It doesn't look as good as Djiboutian laxoox though. http://levoyageadjibouti.blogspot.com/ :banderas:

It says it originated in Somalia, Djibouti, and Yemen and this Yemeni site says their mom use to get it from a Somali shop in Yemen. I want to know where she heard that we got it from the Yemenis.:heh:

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
She taught me how to make canjeelo the Djiboutian way.

You call it canjeelo with a l? Why do people also pronounce and write it with a r ,why is this a thing O.O I'm confusion . I'm sure Hawa can't cook and these niggas are just trying to meet a quota , no way has anything she has made for them tasted good

How does it taste? I cringed when she put brown sugar on it, isn't it supposed to be eaten with stew?
Actually that is common
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and northerners use the name she used southerners say canjeela

I've lived in Djibouti and I've never seen laxoox with brown sugar either. :cosbyhmm:
the word is from yemen. Also pronounced lakhokh
yemenite refugees

Actually that is common
and northerners use the name she used southerners say canjeela

the word is from yemen. Also pronounced lakhokh
yemenite refugees
Where have you heard that from? It only says Yemenite jews spread it to Israel. Not that they introduced it to us.

Where have you heard that from? It only says Yemenite jews spread it to Israel. Not that they introduced it to us.
That's what I said. Yemenite influence there as well yemenite refugees went there as well mostly fled the cabdalla saalax and predecessors on N Yaman

She's probably just remixing the recipe like she did the last one. Most likely it's a family recipe or at least one with her own spin on it.

That's what I said. Yemenite influence there as well yemenite refugees went there as well mostly fled the cabdalla saalax and predecessors on N Yaman
I agree on that. I'm talking about the woman in the video saying we adopted it from the Yemenis.

I agree on that. I'm talking about the woman in the video saying we adopted it from the Yemenis.
Not a culinary historian here but it makes sense that both the word for a particular food and the that particular food can have same geographical origin

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
Lahooh with egg is called canbabur. We eat them in all 3 mornings of the EID MUBARAK DAYS.

:banderas::banderas::banderas:

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
She's probably just remixing the recipe like she did the last one. Most likely it's a family recipe or at least one with her own spin on it.
this type of laxoox is actually called cambaabur and often eaten on eid days. it used to be exclusive to djibouti, though now cambaabur is also popular in awdal and hargeisa

Not a culinary historian here but it makes sense that both the word for a particular food and the that particular food can have same geographical origin
Not really because it has a different name everywhere. It's just bread and before borders we all lived amongst each other so it's kind of hard to tell who made it. Also is laxoox Arabic? This is my first time hearing this.

this type of laxoox is actually called cambaabur and often eaten on eid days. it used to be exclusive to djibouti, though now cambaabur is also popular in awdal and hargeisa
Interesting, the Cambaabur ive seen wasnt made like this. In the video she described it as everyday canjeero, eaten with shaax or meat. Thats why I thought it was a family or personal remix.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Interesting, the Cambaabur ive seen wasnt made like this. In the video she described it as everyday canjeero, eaten with shaax or meat. Thats why I thought it was a family or personal remix.
you're actually right. cambaabur is a special food for eid days only and it's usually eaten with buttermilk or sour cream but the recipes she used are cambaabur recipes if Im not mistaken.