Djibouti Gdp/capita against other Nations 🇩🇯🇩🇯🇩🇯

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
You said GDP not PPP 🤦🏽,

When discussing economic productivity and standards of living you use GDP PPP since you claimed remittances and aid were the reasons for the cheaper cost of living in Somalia, which was clearly inaccurate. Mind you, The Somali economy sunk to less than 1 billion in 1991, and in 4 years time (2028) it will have crossed the $43 billion mark, that is a 43x increase in probably the worst period in Somali history.

And this is without a rebase, which would reveal an even bigger size.

We never suspended payments to China that's a fake article, Djibouti finance minister was quick to debunk it

Djbouti actually tripled it's debt service payments to china

I have no interest in going deeper by digging up the negative economics of Djibouti since I’m fasting but even with the above info that you provided its clear that Djibouti’s repayments of its debt (68 percent of GDP) is not sustainable and is likely to default like Ethiopia did a couple months ago, and if you used infrastructure as collateral I would be very worried considering what happened in Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

Statista is not reliable, see their figures on Somalia’s GDP for example. Secondly I was basing it on the CIA World Fact Book that is used as a source on Wikipedia, which is outdated, so I grant you that. This does not equal lying. It looks like the Northern regions of Somalia have completely stopped importing goods from Djibouti in the last decade with the construction of new ports and have established their own direct links with shipping lines.

Im not sensitive you tried to compare Somalia to Djbouti even tho Somalia was never mentioned,

Somalia was literally mentioned in the first post, maybe you need to get your eyes checked. And my first post never mentioned Somalia, double-check that as well.

I only used it as an example AFTER the topic poster put forth his own argument, and this is a Somalia centric forum, why the hell shouldn’t I compare two sister nations if I want both to do better?

This is why I called you sensitive.

you seen Djbouti gdp per captia and got jealous trying to bring up cost of living, atleast be honest.

Is per capita income just a number to you that you write on your forehead, or is it real income that you use to buy goods, rent a house, drive a car, buy new clothes? How am I being jealous for bringing up the cost of living lmao?

Are you aware that if it wasn’t for IOG, Djibouti could have been on the same level as Mauritius? All the billions that diaspora Somalis put in other African countries could have gone to Djibouti. It has all the ingredients to be an African version of Singapore.

It’s absurd that you are chest-thumping like this knowing what I know about Djibouti in terms of infrastructure, amenities and unemployment rates, and IOG’s role in this situation.

When discussing economic productivity and standards of living you use GDP PPP since you claimed remittances and aid were the reasons for the cheaper cost of living in Somalia, which was clearly inaccurate. Mind you, The Somali economy sunk to less than 1 billion in 1991, and in 4 years time (2028) it will have crossed the $43 billion mark, that is a 43x increase in probably the worst period in Somali history.

And this is without a rebase, which would reveal an even bigger size.

I have no interest in going deeper by digging up the negative economics of Djibouti since I’m fasting but even with the above info that you provided its clear that Djibouti’s repayments of its debt (68 percent of GDP) is not sustainable and is likely to default like Ethiopia did a couple months ago, and if you used infrastructure as collateral I would be very worried considering what happened in Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

Statista is not reliable, see their figures on Somalia’s GDP for example. Secondly I was basing it on the CIA World Fact Book that is used as a source on Wikipedia, which is outdated, so I grant you that. This does not equal lying. It looks like the Northern regions of Somalia have completely stopped importing goods from Djibouti in the last decade with the construction of new ports and have established their own direct links with shipping lines.

Somalia was literally mentioned in the first post, maybe you need to get your eyes checked. And my first post never mentioned Somalia, double-check that as well.

I only used it as an example AFTER the topic poster put forth his own argument, and this is a Somalia centric forum, why the hell shouldn’t I compare two sister nations if I want both to do better?

This is why I called you sensitive.

Is per capita income just a number to you that you write on your forehead, or is it real income that you use to buy goods, rent a house, drive a car, buy new clothes? How am I being jealous for bringing up the cost of living lmao?

Are you aware that if it wasn’t for IOG, Djibouti could have been on the same level as Mauritius? All the billions that diaspora Somalis put in other African countries could have gone to Djibouti. It has all the ingredients to be an African version of Singapore.

It’s absurd that you are chest-thumping like this knowing what I know about Djibouti in terms of infrastructure, amenities and unemployment rates, and IOG’s role in this situation.
Sad Mask GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Trending